UEFA Euro 2020/Copa America 2021/Tokyo Olympics thread

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Ozora, Jun 11, 2021.

1. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Crazy to bring on two players cold to take a PK. At least give them 15 minutes to burn off some nervous energy and get a few touches before the shootout.

The managers were the difference in this game / tournament. Southgate basically played for 1-nil win in every match except the Ukraine one. Rarely playing guys like Greelish and Sancho. WTH was he thinking all month?

ShortyMac repped this.
  2. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    Euro 2020's Young Player of the Tournament

[​IMG]

ShortyMac repped this.
  3. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    Official XI by UEFA. Pedri is there.
    20210713_173154.jpg

ShortyMac repped this.
  4. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    ouch! a few hard hitting truth bombs for the english

Rattlehead and Gilmango repped this.
  5. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    This pic captures Olympic Spain. Exhausted.
    FB_IMG_1626946672894.jpg

6. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Another 90 minutes for Pedri in Spain's 0-0 draw with Egypt. With any luck, Spain will crash out in the group stage and Pedri can get back to Barca one week sooner than expected.

Meanwhile, Dani Alves and Brazil are all over Germany! 3-0 after 35 minutes. Could have been more. Another 7-1? :whistling:

7. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Missed PK to make it 4 x 0. Inexcusable

8. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    Thing is, didn’t Pedri kinda do this to himself? He could have declined the call-up for the Olympics couldn’t he? Why does he have such ill advisers surrounding him? Did Koeman even try to talk him out of it?

Man, this isn’t good for us at all. Pedri has practically played EVERYTHING and then some this past season for both club and country. The Olympics was just too much, he’s young and his career has developed so quickly in a short span of time that he got caught up in the moment and said yes to everything.

Who’s to blame if he has a burn-out for the coming season? Ffs.

9. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Subbed out in the 102nd minute, so got some rest.

Gilmango repped this.
  10. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pedri could have said no but why would he? Would you at his age?

11. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    Spainish player from Spainish club can not decline, i think. And at 18, he wants to win. It is normal. Hope he wins Gold medal and has at least 3 weeks rest.

12. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    You think? I’d rather know that as a fact. Because I honestly find it very doubtful that Pedri can be coerced to take part of yet another tournament after the long season he’s had for both club and country. No one can force him beyond the level of exhaustion “just because they can”. That’s utterly ridiculous.

He’s there because he wants to be. This is ehy I said that IMO he has ill-advisers surrounding him. He had to rest up after the Euro’s where they went deep into the tournament and had to go into extra time 3 times and all the way to penalties twice.

The guy must be exhausted no matter his age. He needs rest in order to prevent a burn-out. Simple as.

13. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    I don’t blame him for making decisions based on the zest of youthfulness, and of course I’d probably do the same, but that’s exactly my point. I would hope that I’d have better advisors surrounding me in order to talk some sense into me.

Just because I would have wanted to do the same thing at the same age doesn’t mean that it’s the right thing to do. Imagine justifying every thing you did as a teen when knowing better later on as an adult.

Oh well, at the end of the day this is obviously my opinion. Let’s hope he doesn’t have a burn-out. If that’s the case then I’ll quickly forget about all of this. For now though, I’m worried.

14. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    Lmao. Seriously though. It’s like they forget he’s even on the pitch when he plays. New word and concept for Pedri; “Un-subbable”.

15. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Tata, the ultimate silver medalist.

2nd place with Paraguay 2011
    2nd place with Barca 2014
    2nd place with Argentina 2015
    2nd place with Argentina 2016
    2nd place with Mexico 2021 (Nation league)
    2nd place with Mexico 2021

ShortyMac repped this.
  16. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Gold medal game.

Brazil 1 x 0 Spain - HT

Spectacular save from Dani Alves to keep the play alive for the goal just before HT.

17. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Malcom just scored in ET what may be the gold medal winner. He burned through Spain's defender to score the goal. We should look into that kid. :ROFLMAO:

ShortyMac repped this.
  18. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    Shit defending by Vallejo (RM player btw) and Malcom seals the gold medal for Brazil.

19. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Great speed, but that was amateurish defending more than anything else. Both Brasil goals were, come to think of it.