UEFA Euro 2008 Group A Qualifier: Portugal x Armenia[R]

Discussion in 'Portugal: National Teams' started by Joelzinho, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Finland tied it and the game is almost over now.

2. Dan82

Dan82 Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Finland take the lead 2-1.....Damn
    Puts more pressure on us to win today.

3. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Finland pulled off the reviravolta. 2-1 for FInalnd. I think the Finnish fans would murder all the players if they lost at home to Azerbaijan

4. Mighty_Mouse

Mighty_Mouse New Member

Jun 16, 2007
    Portugal were 4 minutes away from just needing a win today to qualify. Finland will be very determined on Wednesday and could pull off an upset. With the defense that Portugal has lined up, I really hope Ronaldo and Co. are in a scoring mood.

5. cristianoronaldo17

cristianoronaldo17 New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    UC 201, nj
    Any one have a stream where I can see the game?

6. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    must win game now for us if we want any breathing room vs the Fins

7. Patrick JD Costa

Patrick JD Costa New Member

Sep 10, 2007
    Gosh it's crazy, I mean Portugal should have been already qualified, with the changes of the last 8 games no wonder they just couldn't go on a win streak.

So now they need to win 2 in a row? or win this and tie againts Finland?

This sucks bad...

The coach was way to patient with Gomes all those games they tied, they could of and should of win any one of those games.

8. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Here we go...

9. Patrick JD Costa

Sep 10, 2007
    GO PORTUGOOOOOOOOOOOOOAALLLLLL!

Play smart, play your best, and you could beat any country out there.
    It's time to show what we are made of, let's go guys!
    Play your best game yet!

10. cristianoronaldo17

cristianoronaldo17 New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    UC 201, nj
    does anybody have a feed or something plz??

11. berolina

berolina New Member

Oct 12, 2006
    Berlin
    What are they playing at?!?
    What's with Eusebio's hand?

12. dipluso

dipluso Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    CT
    Wow. This is _terrible. Hey Coach - it's ain't working. Bosingwa is the only one who's playing. Meira and Caneira... as expected.

13. dipluso

dipluso Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    CT
    And there, as I said - Bosingwa. YES!

Great cross to H.Almeida. Good header. Goal. That looked soccer at last.

Now let's hope that Meira and Caneira don't screw this up.

14. Patrick JD Costa

Sep 10, 2007
    Gooooooooooaaaaalllll!

15. Quaresma

Quaresma New Member

Aug 1, 2003
    Steeltown
    Atleast no one can complain about Quaresma, hes been our best player along with Bosingwa.

Caniera, Meira, and Simao have been ********ing terrible.

Caniera has been raped down the left, and almsot resulted in 3 goals for Armenia already.

Manelele, Nani and Pepe should come on, push Veloso to leftback.

Meira and Caniera..words cant describe..they are a comedy of errors.

16. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    very poor performance in first half by portugal.

they dont move the ball well at all, they need to work on that.

defense is unorganized as usual, since we always seem to have defendrs injured:rolleyes:

17. Saram

Saram New Member

Jan 30, 2007
    Russia
    I can`t understand: what do Simao at this match?
    IMO, Moutinho will look more interesting... We have problem with the last pass... Moutinho can to improve that problem! Good speed, but without brain...
    Also Maniche don`t play as he can. Veloso - very good!

p.s. Meira & Alves look really terrible, where Pepe?

18. Patrick JD Costa

Sep 10, 2007
    gosh relax man, they are controling this game easily so far, Caneira... well he will always have problems. No valente, Cal, Miguel, Andrade.. is not good.

I'm happy for almeida... we finally have a guy other then Ronaldo that could make headers, now with speed and tallness... it's all good.

Now our defense.... too many question marks.

19. Luvfutebol

Luvfutebol New Member

Aug 3, 2007
    What an ugly first half. Yes we have a goal but the score is about the only thing positive at this point. As always we are playing like we are so much better than them and we don't have to run. I don't think tactically it is possible to help the Armenians any more than we did in the first half. Our lines are so distant that the Armenians get all the second balls. Every time they attack they have lots of space and our defence looks very weak. We should consider ourselves lucky the ref didn't call a penalty kick against Ricardo as a play like that can be called either way. I hope there are serious adjustments made for the 2nd half as with this type of play the Armenians can score at any moment. Our quality is so much higher that running a little more alone with change the game. I seriously hope these guys don't disappoint again. Play for the shirt guys and play like a team please!!!

20. Quaresma

Quaresma New Member

Aug 1, 2003
    Steeltown
    Agree 100%

They are pissing around smoking joints, they dont give a shit, just like through all the rest of the qualifiers.

We need tolight a fire under there ass because playing like this we will be utterly embaressed at the Euros.

Veloso is good, and Maniche is good to..when they got in their grove for a few minutes it was fantastic to watch and its not their fault the defence is a disaster and simao is absolutly doing ******** all in providing depth in the final third and linking up the attack, resulting in both having to move forward more, which leaves alot more space at the back, and with how shit meira and caniera are.......

its never a good thing.

Unless we come out firing on all cylinders in the second and bag 3/4 goals I will chalk this up as horrendous.

21. dipluso

dipluso Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    CT
    This team is not playing well _at_ all.

I would be shocked if what's his face brings the same team back in the 2nd half. Basically playing Simao, Ronaldo and Quaresma is _not_ working.

Mr. Captain seems to be in training mode. Simao is playing wing except he is a much inferior wing. Hell Quaresma is the best of the 3, and that's not often I say this... And, man, Simao is a terrible finisher one on one. I don't know how many times we've seen this.

Maniche hardly ever gets the ball or is not running. I'm not sure what's going on there.
    F.Meira is a serious liability right now. I don't know what the hell has been going on in Stuttgard but the guy is a menace right now (to his defense).

Ricardo's play also bizarre. Comes out 1/2 and then nearly gets lobbed..

So, screw experience. Take out Simao and Maniche immediately. Bring in Nani and M. Fernandes. These guys will run the Armenians ragged so that we don't end up in the typical "let's bunker down with a 1-0 lead against a lesser team and pray they don't tie the game at the very end...". You know what happens then. Of course, I know this won't happen.

What will happen: At around 60', Simao->Nani. At 70', H.Almeida->Maku.

22. dipluso

dipluso Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    CT
    Come on Ronaldo... pass it to the FW, dammit. H.Almeida is our main target, not Maniche.

23. dipluso

dipluso Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    CT
    You've gotta be kidding. Quaresma comes out? Not simao?! Not Caneira...

24. Luvfutebol

Luvfutebol New Member

Aug 3, 2007
    The fans deserve a lot more specially the ones who paid. I feel like I'm watching a bad movie. Please end it.