UEFA Cup draw

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by Gordon EF, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh
    Hearts vs. Sparta Prague (CZE)
    Rangers vs. Molde (NOR)

Not too bad. I expect Rangers to go through although it's quite a tough one for Hearts but I think Sparta Prague are not as good as they were a few years ago when they were in the Champions League every year.

2. Scottish_Morton

Jul 7, 2003
    Irvine, Scotland
    It might have been much worse for Hearts, it's probably about 50/50 for them. Rangers should go through easily enough.

3. Burkies Ginger Mop

Burkies Ginger Mop New Member

May 20, 2004
    London
    Molde are bottom of the league after 17 games.

4. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh
    Aye, they got stuck in quite a tough group of seeds, Sparta are just about the best they could have hoped for. I still think that if they want to go through they're going to need everybody fit and a half decent referee.

5. JAYEL

JAYEL New Member

Nov 17, 2005
    Edinburgh
    Of the seeds that were in the pot :

Loco Moscow
    Blackburn
    Fenerbache
    Sparta Prague
    Shalke ( i think )

It was probably the best draw for Hearts , i just wished the ties had not been reversed. We will now have to play at home first so heres hoping we can a take result over to Prague along with the 5,000 Jambos.

Its going to be a great euro trip to Prague - cant wait !!!

:cool:

6. RSL Donk

RSL Donk BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 24, 2006
    Utah
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    If Sparta keeps the same form they've had all year, should be a cakewalk for Hearts. Much as I would love to attend either of these matches, airfare onn short notice to anywhere in Europe from Utah is just way too much to try to come up with for me :( As for Rangers, if they don't advance, someone should lose their job.

7. Parkhead_Faithful

Parkhead_Faithful New Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    rangers 2 up and as good as through, hearts nil-nil in prague and as good as out, bet they wish they had played the first leg at tynecastle now

8. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Despite our rivalry I've got no problem to congratulate the Rangers for reaching the UEFA group stage...as it's good for the Scottish football! Pity that Hearts didn't manage to qualify.

9. Parkhead_Faithful

Parkhead_Faithful New Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    I wanted to see them pumped but am now glad they have 5 more games in europe so they can fall even further behind in the league.

10. bobbybhoy2003

bobbybhoy2003 New Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Columbus
    fair play to ya...I find it impossible