UEFA Cup 2004-2005 [R]

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by gaijin, Oct 21, 2004.

1. DynamoKiev_USA

DynamoKiev_USA New Member

Jul 6, 2003
    Silver Spring, MD
    You know i think the pitch is just the perfect speed -- the wet ground isn't so soggy that the ball goes nowhere OOOOOOOOOOH SCREAMS OVER THE BAR!!!! WHAT A FAKE WHAT A SAVE but also it is good enough to slove the ball down for great passes. But I mean seems like EVERY player on the pitch is just full of talent. Wow.

2. DynamoKiev_USA

Jul 6, 2003
    Silver Spring, MD
    well penalty, yea. the CSKA guy fell in the very corner of the box, and as he fell down he accidentally touched the ball rolling on the ground -- right under the nose of the ref. Clear handball, but it was completely unintentional so.... who knows if it was the right call, and the commentators are unsure.

Now mind you, Partizan has had 68% of possession so far, in Moscow :eek:

3. Forza Moskva

Forza Moskva New Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Mila Kunis' Crib
    Isn't it an away match for CSKA. So how could partizan have 68% in Moscow?

4. DynamoKiev_USA

Jul 6, 2003
    Silver Spring, MD
    Yes, you're right -- I had thought it was a home game because some of the ad boards around the pitch were in Russian -- including a big sign that read "Preservativy".

5. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Well, that's just an ad for an abstinence company. I hear their stock is not doing so well.

6. Rebrov

Rebrov New Member

Mar 10, 2005
    Canada
    Wow, the pitch looked 'ok' in Belgrade. Which is suprising....I watched the dnipro game which was there 2 weeks ago. That way really something. It wasnt a Borysfern pitch but you get the idea, It was ridiculously slippery, and covered in snow. CSKA play an attractive style of footy, and so do a couple of other Russian teams (Loko-in particular).

Well all the best to CSKA i suppose- the only ex-Soviet team that has a good chance to progress, and Shakhtar's 'display'.

I have a question to anyone in the know: does Inter+ Tv get any Russian club in games in Euro cups? I just moved to Canada- and needed to know. Cos I know it they get all UNT games, and alot of DK and SD games...

Thanks, Vitaly