UEFA Cup 2004-2005 [R]

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by gaijin, Oct 21, 2004.

1. Forza Moskva

Forza Moskva New Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Mila Kunis' Crib
    Are you serious? That's a horrible result for Dynamo. They needed to get one past them at home. Villa played a defensive strategy, they WILL beat DK in Spain. Same mistake DK made in CL. They need to win home games, there was no way they could've beat Leverkusen at home.

On a side note - Berezutski scores for CSKA, I hope can get some coeffs for us atleast.

2. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    2-0 Wagner Love......

3. Forza Moskva

Forza Moskva New Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Mila Kunis' Crib
    ganu who do you think will be top striker in RPL next year :D

4. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Sychev.........

Or failing that, Lebdenko. ;)

Seriously. Love if he stays will be up there, but I think Kerzha again.

5. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    CSKA Moskva [RUS] 2-0 Benfica [PRT]
    [V. Berezutskiy 11, Love 61]

Other

Graz AK [AUT] 2-2 Middlesbrough [ENG]

Fenerbache 0-1 Real Zaragoza [ESP]

6. Shurik

Shurik New Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Baltimore, MD
    Thanks to these 3 points, Russia is now assured of a second berth in the 2006/07 CL.

7. TORPEDO

TORPEDO Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Za nakryityim stolom
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Ok - kindele - all of you who kaken on my team for last few months.
    Last year in Moscow Torpedo 1 - VillaReal 0; and Sima missed an empty netter in injury time.
    Not so shabby, but then again the Hoisies really surprised me as well.

8. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    That's a REALLY bad result. Villareal are playing results based football. They go for a draw in away games and then slip one in on home games.

PRODYNAMILI HA XYU... :(

9. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    ;) - n1 - Lets hope they don't fvck it up (I'm looking at you CSKA....)

3 points?! Are you turning into Bobby Robson?

(It would have worked a year ago and if you saw British TV, oh well - the thought was there. :rolleyes: )

10. Grizzly

Grizzly Member

Dec 16, 2004
    Montreal
    Actually they are not yet assured an extra CL spot in 2006-07. The CSKA win moved them past Israel into 15th spot which receives two CL spots. However, there are a few leagues currently below Russia with teams still alive in Europe. If CSKA were to be eliminated by Benefica and one of these teams had a good run the extra points might move that league into 15th spot knocking Russia down to 16th and out of the extra place.

11. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    The fact that Israel have more spots prove how screwed up this system is.....

God damn the horses! :mad:

12. Shurik

Shurik New Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Baltimore, MD
    I said "now". I should've said "for now".

Still, the odds are good. If this holds up, second place in this year's RPL will mean a CL berth. Whoopty-doo for Zenit ;)

13. Grizzly

Grizzly Member

Dec 16, 2004
    Montreal
    The system is not a bad way to determine spots as it basically judges the strength of the top clubs in each league and European play is a competition of each country's top clubs. It is, however, a mistake to use the rankings as an accurate comparison of league strength. Many European leagues have only a few good clubs playing against vastly inferior opposition and get a high ratings despite the league being not so good. A good example is Ukraine which has two top clubs of foreign superstars and a pretty good one called Dnipro also known as the Ukrainian national team. These clubs have achieved quite a bit in Europe and justifiably get spots in European competition but the Ukrainian league is well below the level of the Russian league. All the talent in the Ukrainian league is concentrated in three teams. The Russian league has some top teams that are always title favourites but unlike the Ukrainian, Czech, Belgian etc. leagues is pretty competitive throughout the table. If one team has a few good years or bad years in Europe this can dramatically change the ranking for several years as the points are kept for 5 years. Macabi had a couple of good runs which pushed Israel up while a few years ago a couple of Russian clubs who will remain nameless were poor and are still costing Russia points. Israel has now definitely lost the extra CL spot as they have no more teams playing and will be below Russia in 2006-07. What is not yet definite is whether another team could take 15th spot away from Russia or whether Russia can move even higher. The next level where an additional spot would be acquired is 10th but the points needed to reach this for Russia is large and probably only possible if CSKA were to win UEFA (not sure if it is possible or not as I don't want to bother to do the calculation). The threats for the 15th spot are Switzerland and Serbia of which I could only see Switzerland with Basel still in having much of a chance of accumulating enough points to pass Russia if CSKA gets badly beaten by Benefica in the next game. Austria in 14th place is well within range for Russia but still has two teams in play.

14. Sparta

Sparta New Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    I dont know...Dynamo outplayed them for the entire match, so I guess a draw was a bad result in that sense. But they're the better team, and if they manage to score in Spain I don't think Villa can get two past them. Dynamo were also missing Belkevich and Gavrancic, and Verpakovskis didn't start, for some reason past logic.

15. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Watch Villarreal away and then at home. Completely different side. Their form in La Liga and this comp proves it.

16. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Round 2, 2nd leg Results

First leg scores in brackets

Villarreal [ESP] (0) 2-0 (0) Dynamo Kyiv [UKR]
    [Figueroa 20, Cazorla 33]
    [Sent off = Riquelme (V) 42]

DK are out, it was going to be tough against a side that doesn't lose or concede at home......:(

Dnipro Dnipropetrovesk [UKR] (2) 0-1 (2) Partizan Belgrade [SGC]
    [Djordjevic 87]
    [Sent off = Ilic (PB) 40]

Partizan win 3-2 on agg.

Sad game for Dnipro. A last minute goal by the away side, put the Ukrainians out. harsh luck on them.

Schalke 04 [GER] (1) 0-1 (1) Shakhthar Donetsk [UKR]
    [Aghahowa 22]

Shakhtar win 2-1 on agg.

Magnificent result for Shakhtar. The German high-flyers are brought down to size. The result of the night.

Benfica [PRT] (0) 1-1 (2) CSKA Moskva [RUS]
    [Karadas 64; Ignashevich 50]

CSKA win 3-1 on agg.

The horses defend their 2-0 goal lead and make it safe thanks to a 50th minute goal from their defender Sergey Igansevich. Azar Karadas pegged on eback, but it was always going to be safe for the away team.

Other results

1st Leg matches

Austria Vienna [AUT] 0-0 Atheltic Bilbao [ESP]

2nd Leg matches

AZ Alkmaar [NED] (0) 2-1 (0) Alemannia Aachen [GER]
    [Van Galen 62, Mathijsen 80; Meijer 32]
    [Sent off = Stehle (AA) 72]

AZ win 2-1 on agg.

Sochaux [FRA] (0) 0-1 (1) Olympiakos [GRE]
    [Stoltidis 67]

Olympiakos win 2-0 on agg

Steaua Bucharest [ROM] (0) 2-0 (2) Valencia [ESP] (aet) *
    [Cristea 49, 70]

* Steaua win 4-3 on pens

Stuttgart [GER] (0) 0-2 (0) Parma [ITA] (aet)
    [Marchionni 98, Pisanu 116]
    [Sent off = Cannavaro (P) 81]

Parma win 2-0 on agg.

Auxerre [FRA] (0) 3-1 (1) Ajax Amsterdam [NED]
    [Kalou 30, Cheyrou 55, Mathis 86; Babel 36]

Auxerre win 3-2 on agg.

Feyenoord [NED] (1) 1-2 (2) Sporting Lisbon [PRT]
    [Hofs 89; Liedson 62, Rochemback 83]

Sporting win 4-2 on agg.

Middlesbrough [ENG] (2) 2-1 (2) Graz AK [AUT]
    [Morrison 19, Hasselbaink 61; Bazina 8]

Middlesbrough win 4-2 on agg.

Real Zaragoza [ESP] (1) 2-1 (0) Fenerbache [TUR]
    [Galleti 12, Savio 71; Alex 87]

Zaragoza win 3-1 on agg.

Lille [FRA] (0) 2-0 (0) Basel [SUI]
    [Moussilou 37, Acimovic 78 (pen)]

Lille win 2-0 on agg.

Sevilla [ESP] (0) 2-0 (1) Panathinaikos [GRE]
    [Makukula 80, Correira 90]
    [Sent off = Gonzales (P) 72]

Sevilla win 2-1 on agg.

17. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Revised 3rd round draw:

Shakhtar Donetsk [UKR] v AZ Alkmaar [NED]

Partizan Belgrade [SGC] v CSKA Moskva [RUS]

Others:

Middlesbrough [ENG] v Sporting [PRT]

Sevilla [ESP] v Parma [ITA]

Steaua Bucharest [ROM] v Villarreal [ESP]

Lille [FRA] v Auxerre [FRA]

Olympiakos [GRE] v Newcastle [ENG]

Austria Vienna [AUT]/ Athletic Bilbao [ESP] v Real Zaragoza [ESP]

18. Forza Moskva

Forza Moskva New Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Mila Kunis' Crib
    Care to delete this post? Dynamo couldn't score one on a 10 man Villarreal

19. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    I told you this was bullsh**t when he posted it. Villarreal do not concede and do not lose at home. Its a rarirty.

This side got to the semi-finals last year and beat Galatasaray, Roma and Celtic on there way there. They are no mugs. Trust me, Boro got done by them as well. By far the best side I have seen us play in Europe.

Also for those very attentive people, you will have noticed I didn't post Newcastle's result. Well, it may have something to do with the fact I forget them or maybe its a cunning plot to rid the world of the Geordie influence. And by God that is a cause worth fighting for. :rolleyes:

20. Forza Moskva

Forza Moskva New Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Mila Kunis' Crib
    Villarreal are a great team, for knockout based tournaments. Man soccer is boring without Lokomotiv dominance.

21. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Dominance........?

Yeah. Loko are like the S&M gimps of the league.......

lol............:D

I should really be more supportive. Go LOKO. I just hope we will be seeded for the CL draw next year. Should be.

22. Forza Moskva

Forza Moskva New Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Mila Kunis' Crib
    Well we did fare better against Monaco then Chelsea, which is crazy. By the wizzle, PSG sucks, and I hope you enjoy having that loser Semak - loser!

23. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    freakin' Sabo. He can't control his players. Ebanie legioneri...

24. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Could I say that again please? I don't like Sabo, not one bit. He's just the guy to blame for letting this sort of butt-buggery go on.

25. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    butt-buggery? gimps? dominance

What has this thread become?