UEFA CL /// Next season's group stage as it stands///

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, May 1, 2016.

1. Gladbach93

Gladbach93 New Member

Dec 12, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Urgh I am so pissed, I wanted Genk Gent or Copenaghen. I think we are going home,cause Schalke have more experience than us.
    Now back on the buli level

2. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah. Chiesa and Bernardeschi are the only italian players in the starting team. It was a real mistake to sack Montella and higher Sousa. The reason Montella got sacked was because the club wasn't spending that big and he wasn't happy and was getting quite vocal about it. Montella was doing so well with the club though and they were much more solid defensively. Now since Sousa took over the team is always looking shaky especially on set pieces in defense. To make it clear they were never amazing at defending, but the team had way more confidence and were way more solid when Montella was in charge.

Montella had them playing to press around the midfield, and look for the counters and crosses. When Sousa took over he had them playing very possession based which just destroyed the whole team. Sousa did have a few good results from time to time but the team has always looked shaky and uncomfortable every time I have watched them. Even in the group stage of the Europa League, they had an easy group but honestly they never looked comfortable and always looked extremely shaky and scared. Sousa needs to be sacked.

3. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yea those 2 point are good ( specially the return being at our end at BP) and thirdly we are very familiar to them which can be good or bad,Hecking has loads of experience so id say its more advanatage for our coaching staff.But somehow i would have liked another team...i dunno maybe we got a good draw?????
    But for real...this is facked! Specially for the Buli & Germany ..basically Germany will lose one team after its done and dusted...thats a shame.Sometimes u wonder if these UEFA draws are rigged in some way...i just dont trust them sorry:whistling::speechless::ninja::alien::devilish:

4. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Those where exactly the 3 teams i was hoping for as well....but S04 looks better and more experienced on paper...its all about whos going to battle without the bad's on so to speak....fearless like last night.We showed the TRUE BOKELBERG TRADITION last night....what this club and its fan's are about...S04 gots nothing compared to us in that dept.Our form in the form/results in the next few games will also tell a lot...another positive is that our injured are getting game ready day by day.I wouldnt consider the Blues already inot the next round...not even close:sneaky::devilish::devilish::devilish::sneaky:

5. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This was the Gladbach we all know and love and the style of play that won us as fans. On to the final!

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS and Bananenflanke repped this.
  6. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    borderland, Maas drainage basin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    I hoped for Ajax or Genk (a small town just an hour-drive away from Gladbach, excellent youth department which 'produced' de Bruyne amongst others)
    but bäh!, we got the wannabees from the 'Pott': you're just not qualifying for European soccer to play against Schalke!

first half of March now looks a little bit boring:
    on first of march: HSV - Borussia
    on fourth: Borussia -S04
    on ninth: S04 - Borussia
    on twelfth: HSV - Borussia
    on sixteenth: Borussia -S04

7. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wasn't there the year that Hannover won the German cup as a 2nd division team and then drew Bremen in the first leg of the Cup Winners Cup....

8. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    yep, you have the memory of an elephant ;-)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992–93_European_Cup_Winners'_Cup
    but I harbour the suspicion there was a similar case some time ago but I (only equipped with an ant's memory) just can't remember

9. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Me too. Seriously we have the same matchups over and over again.

PSG vs Chelsea
    PSG vs Barcelona
    Bayern Munich vs Arsenal
    Man City vs Barcelona
    Spurs vs Fiorentina
    Villarreal vs Italian teams.
    Real Madrid vs Italian teams.
    Monaco vs EPL teams.
    Man City vs Bayern Munich

I mean its really so obvious. Let me tell you I bet in the UCL next round these are the matchups we will see:

Assuming PSG, Dortmund, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Man City, Atletico, Sevilla, and Juventus go through.

Bayern Munich vs Man City
    Juventus vs Dortmund
    Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid
    PSG vs Sevilla

Also UEFA likes to put managers vs their old clubs which is why I think PSG vs Sevilla.

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  10. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not quite... but... I am a (adjunct) member of the Elephant Managers Association

download.jpg Kgilbert2[1].JPG

11. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    I'm just wondering which elephant is more difficult to handle ;-)

12. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And u know my opinion about Animals...specially Elephants..they are far ahead of us in every dept.

13. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I could say that there's a reason I have a guide in that one picture. ;):ROFLMAO: But seriously..... I'm very lucky to have her.

Funny thing was, we weren't the only folks at that Halloween party to think of something like that. Another couple came as Harambe (the gorilla) and his keeper that night.

And one of my buddies put sample paint cards all over him. They were all gray. He was "50 Shades of Gray".:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

14. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    S04 crew didnt show much didnt say much either..just complained it aint feeling like a Euro match...deep down am sure as much as before the draw their players claimed commented there is no team in the draw that they fear and feel less desire to play against...the last team they wanted to line up against was GLADBACH!
    :whistling::ninja::speechless::devilish::alien::devilish:

15. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Just gotta hope that Raffa stays healthy from here on out, as we all saw what merely having him back on the bench did for Stindl's confidence...

16. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That was a tactical mind game Hecking played perfectly...i guess it paid off as well? :speechless::sneaky::eek:
    But i for one certainly hope he can get back to where he was last season....we all kinda jinxed him...about his age and how game ready and fit he is etc etc....after the injury in CL i believe it was...well it was a Buli game then the injury came back with more flair up during a CL game were he was pulled off the pitch...and that was that...he never recovered fully...club claims he is 100% fit...which makes me wonder why he was not in the line for such important game against the Viola???
    :thumbsdown::geek:o_O:cautious::alien::devilish:

17. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    I once saw an elephant playing a mouth organ
    but I wasn't impressed by the melody ;-)

18. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    I'm happy for you!

one cross-cultural question: mindful of the fact that the rheinische Karneval/Fastelovend is on it's peak today, are you (in the midst of america) masquerading on Halloween PLUS Carnival or is carnival limited to smaller areas like New Orleans? ah, it just occurs to me that I heard of an ice-carnival in St.Paul...

19. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Spend a few days with an elephant my friend and you will experience .....what seems only possible in fairy tales :cautious::D:eek:

20. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As a former resident of Cologne, I'm familiar with the traditions (just e-mailed about it with my old penpal--she lives in Cologne and was making costumes for her (adult) daughters). However, for the most part, in the USA it is limited to New Orleans (a city I like very much) and many of the smaller towns in the "Cajun" areas of Louisiana. Cajun is nickname for the French-speaking Acadians of Nova Scotia who were evicted by the British and moved to what was then French Louisiana. Many still speak a dialect of French and there are many French loan words used in the area.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cajuns

21. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    yes, New Orleans would be my first choice for a visit, Louisiana and the Mississippi Delta always were of peculiar interest for me (so, I'm quite familiar with the cajuns... at least as familiar as one can be who never met one in flesh and blood) ... it's other american regions I don't know that much about... rural Idaho, central Kansas or... Cowlumbus!
    but if one day the Borussia-jet is leaving for a swampy training camp I might smuggle myself into the country ... well-camouflaged as one of those freekick-exercising-dummies...

by the way: for those who feel the urge to hear Aragorn of Lord of the Rings saying "Mönchengladbach" it's over here

LuckyStriker, HANS-GUNTER BRUNS and Dage repped this.
  22. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I love the guy.. Eastern Promises, Alatriste, Lord of the Rings, A History of Violence and so on and so on. Such a great actor, no doubt he has a good taste for quality football. :D

23. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Love Vigo..his a natural..was robbed by the ever corrupt oscars ...playing in "Eastern Promises/History of Violence" but hands on Eastern Promises the guy rocked the universe and beyond.....they had to give the best actor award to that chump washed up clown..Mr.Sean penn...just b/c he was in a LGTB movie...what this world has come to????

24. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well.. Milk was a great movie too, very poignant and you can't say anything about Sean Penn. Just watch Mystic River.. But you really should watch Alatriste if you like historic movies with very accurate costumes and storylines. I also likes Vigo's pure will to survive in The Road but it was hard to swallow in the cinema and a lot of people left the movie during its airing

25. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    F*** Sean Penn. Such a douchey scumbag.