PBP: UEFA Champions League | Matchday 1 | AS Roma v FC Barcelona | 16 September 2015 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Sep 14, 2015.

1. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Fwiw...
    I frequent another forum, not quite as often as this one but I do check it daily. Nowhere near the number of posters BigSoccer has and it is UK-based. I'm one of the very few non-Premier League fans on there.

Here are the responses to the Roma equalizer.

Blackpool fan:
    Florenzi has just scored a truly unbelievable goal for Roma. It was near the half-way line but to the right hand side by the touchline, not in the centre of the pitch. Incredible.

Me:
    How much blame would you guys put on ter Stegen on that goal?

Chelsea fan:
    A bit too far off his line maybe. But no goalkeeper would expect a shot from there.

Liverpool fan:
    I don't think you can. It's just a wonderful bit of vision and luck to pull it off. His starting position is set out for the through ball, you don't expect him to shoot from there
    But I'm biased because of his Gladbach connection

That's it. Like I said, it's a small community. Barca and LPB aren't liked too much there but LPB receives more negative replies in general.
    Erick is there as 'Teso dos Bichos' :rolleyes:, for those of you who remember Erick in this forum from years back.
    http://www.afootballforum.com/forum/index.php?/topic/70836-cl-group-e-2015/?p=1352611

... fwiw.

2. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    We demand our GKs to play like an extra defender and to never punt the ball but then complain about a goal like this :rolleyes:

The Athletic one was definitely bad. This one not as much. Unless we want our GKs to change their playing style.

Having said that I do prefer Bravo and wish LE would just stick with him when he is available. Unfortunately Ter Stegen came here expecting playing time. If he is benched for good, I'd think he'd want to leave. It really depends on what Barca think his future potential is.

3. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Fwiw ....

" When a goal get scored from 50 meters then who is responsible for it ? the goal keeper of course "
    - Franz Beckenbauer , Sky Sports 16/09/2015

He was standing on the edge of the box while the Roma player was in possession of the ball which was wrong , nothing you can say or quote other "fans" will change that , his over confidence and Neuer imitating behaviour will eventually get him thrown out , it's just a matter of time..

Forzabarca repped this.
  4. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    So you're saying last year and this year you'd bench Suarez for someone like Munir and then just given him a couple of years to adapt ? How can you expect an experienced player to adapt to the Barca system right away ? That can be tough even for great players. Why do you only focus on Suarez's touch and inconsistency and ignore his other contributions ? Is that the only thing that's important in a player ? Neymar isn't exactly the most consistent player either. Who would have playing in Suarez place ?

5. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BocaFan repped this.
  6. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Munir isn't a CF and he doesn't have the speed to play as a winger so scrap him , Adama had the speed to play as a winger and was physically strong enough to play as a CF eventually , him and Dongo were given very few minutes and should've given the chance to play more instead of getting thrown out like that because of the very rediculous excuse of not having the football " intelligence " to play for barca , this is my opinion for La masia players

as for Suarez he was given the chance to play as a CF which is something Alexis never got plenty of , put any idiot in that position and let him have messi beside him giving him insane passes and see what will happens , he will OF COURSE start scoring and assisting like crazy and how frequent that would be depends on the player , i will never accept someone who has the touch of a donkey specially when it comes to ball control ( still haven't forgotten how he somehow got a handball after receiving that beautiful pass from messi ) not to mention he likes to dribble like one too ..

7. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    The ball was with us when Bravo was off his line to assist the defenders with the passing , MATS was off his line for no reason what so ever , how many freaking time do i have to repeat that shit until you understand exactly ?!?! :confused:

8. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    [​IMG]

9. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    You had no problem with this positioning last weeekend when Torres scored.

His positioning was perfect against Torres, but now you're telling us...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Tell that to Kaiser Franz, whom YOU quoted.

11. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    So you'd be relying on Adama last season and right now ? Just break him in while we are losing titles and wait for him to develop. Because no matter how good he may become, it's clear he is not there yet and no way we win titles last year with him up front. BTW, his touch, from what I remember, wasn't even that great. And neither was his dribbling.

In the big moments Suarez was clutch wether it was with an assist or a goal. He showed up vs Real, Valencia, Man City, PSG, Bayern, Atletico, Juve, etc ... while his touch is not the greatest, his movement, positioning, and off the ball work rate are exceptional and a big reason things clicked last season. I doubt you could just put anybody up front and he'd score goals.

Alexis isn't and never was a CF.

12. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
  13. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I will just say his and get out of the way, for a match thread where I questioned the number of posts we had you all have really outdone yourself in boosting the posts in this thread. Big hugs and high fives all around!

That said, the reason a few gave for spending less time here was the 'beating of dead horses' for lack of a better expression. And yet most of the post-match posts could loosely fit that. I by no means want to silence the critics of our players or coach or technical director, but rather would just not repeat the same attack and defense ad infinitum.

So all I can do is try to refrain from engaging. So I won't name any names or anything else.