UEFA Champions League Draw

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by natenate101, Aug 29, 2019.

1. madridlover123

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 30, 2018
    Man City struggle against teams who sit back and counter attack against them like Man Utd and wolves. If Zidane sets up the defensive structure well then counter attacks with hazard, bale and Benzema then it will be pretty comfortable. Bale hasn’t been as good recently but I think he’s a must start against Man City. Against an epl team he will be motivated like he was against Liverpool and the team can counter attack with his speed. Adama Traore destroye: Man City with his speed, imagine what Bale would do?

Anon. and Bear Crotch repped this.
  2. madridlover123

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 30, 2018
    like sane, even if laporte returns, he won’t be match fit, and he was on the pitch that crumbled against spurs and Liverpool the last few champions league campaigns

3. madridlover123

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 30, 2018
    I know people are concerned about carvajal’s form, but Man City are vulnerable to crosses so his and marcelo’s crossing would be key. If this was Liverpool instead of Man City then yes, I’d play someone more solid like militao at right back to deal with the counter attack because carvajal’s crossing ability would be hampered because Liverpool are comfortable dealing with crossing with big players like Matip and van dijk unlike man city

Bear Crotch repped this.
  4. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    us vs city, you can't predict in what form both teams will be in February, if things played out right now, it will for sure be a high scoring two matches with the away goals being the key - because both defenses are bad.
    our biggest problem is that we relay on a single point of scoring, Benzema, that's it and its not enough.

Excape Goat repped this.
  5. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I have a feeling if we lose this tie we will go on to win La Liga because of easier schedule and more motivation. I would not be opposed to that scenario honestly.

6. halamadrid88

halamadrid88 Member

Real Madrid
    Italy
    Feb 3, 2019
    Great tie!
    Of course , we would have preferred Leipzig but hey who knows - this gives us a chance to meet them in QF/SF ! ;)

Now vs City - like always the first leg would be the key.

Do not leak away goals! This is going to be crucial.
    Ofcourse , we would want to take a healthy lead into Etihad but remember 1-0 always better than 2-1.

Prit Javier repped this.
  7. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Man City have Leicester and Arsenal ties close to Real Madrid clash and their league cup final.

8. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Why are you counting Arsenal? They're 10th in the league, that's like literally saying we have Osasuna tie close.

Prit Javier repped this.
  9. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    What speed ?

10. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    1206669843723894787 is not a valid tweet id

RMrules, Zidane05, 2Magia2 and 1 other person repped this.
  11. Romanero

Romanero Member+

Oct 28, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Ney misses the game duo injury :ROFLMAO:

Lyra repped this.
  12. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  13. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Hopefully Hazard is in form by then and I think we have a good shot. Pep tends to over think things and Zidane's unconventional lineups could throw him off.

I think it will come down to injuries, form and Pep's system versus Zidane's wild card tactics. In any case, it should make for a good tie.

Prit Javier repped this.
  14. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    At home we should be more cautious if anything

15. madridlover123

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 30, 2018
    I’ve been looking at Man City fans reaction to the draw and they’re awfully gobby for a team that’s got ripped to pieces by norwich, Man Utd and Wolves this season :). They’re saying what a finished club Real Madrid are, that they will win easily and that Pep knows how to destroy this club, ignoring the last time Real Madrid played a pep team, the result was 4-0 . Oh dear, a Real Madrid that people think is finished is the most dangerous Madrid. They still think this is the same Madrid of last season under lopetegui and solari :ROFLMAO:

Prit Javier repped this.
  16. madridlover123

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 30, 2018
    Quote taken from their forum :ROFLMAO: . These guys are almost as bad as Liverpool fans. I seem to remember them saying the same this before the 2018 final.

“Surprised by some of the negativity on here before a ball has even been kicked. Doesn’t send off the right message. We are the favourites going into this tie and for good reason. It’s a washed up Real side with an overhyped manager; a far cry from the team that Mourinho and Ancelotti once managed.

They suit the way we play. I can’t see them sitting deep and hitting us on the counter, especially not at home in front of their whiny and fickle fanbase, who will want them to attack. Get a result away and we are through—there’s no chance they’re getting a result at the Etihad.”

lol delusional bunch for a team that hasn’t done anything in the cl

Prit Javier repped this.
  17. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    Let them think we are underdogs I prefer it this way, motivates our players a lot more!

18. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    De Bruyne, Silva they are good attacking players for sure but would you trust only one DM Rodri to be that midfield against Kroos, Valverde, Casemiro.

madridlover123 repped this.
  19. madridlover123

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 30, 2018
    yeah and their defence isn’t great either. I’d rather play Man City than Liverpool for example. Liverpool you know can sit back with their good defence and are happy to counter attack with pace whereas Man City wouldn’t be able to do that with their poor defence

Prit Javier repped this.
  20. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    Liverpools front 3 are good sure, but they also don't have a good midfield as us. Henderson is nothing but a donkey, Wijnaldum is not as good as Kroos. Casemiro is better than Fabinho.
    I agree better to play City than Liverpool though

21. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well, we should also not be cocky about previous results vs man city. We had CR (and Bale) at their peaks.

22. Serengeti_Boy

Serengeti_Boy Member+

Sep 15, 2009
    Serengeti, East Africa
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Tanzania
    It's not about the liverpool midfield talent level but how they work together.

23. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Far cry from the team Mou and Carlo managed. Yea, that ZZ dude only won 3 compared to other two and kicked them out in 2016 semis. [emoji23] And we killed Pep the same way at Bernabeu on counter in front of "fickle fans" and that was a team that made 3 SFs unlike his City.

24. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Underdog status is good for us.

25. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    We were organized at the back against Pep in 2014 and had 3 clear cut chances against Bayern. Benz took his while Ron and Di Maria missed. Only clear cut chance Bayern had was late Gotze one which Iker saved. Pep's style is still the same and that's the blueprint to beat him in Europe. Also Ramos killed their zonal marking in corners in return leg. Another big opportunity if they don't buy a quality CB in January.