UEFA Champions League and Europa League Qualifierss

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by HDSports, Sep 11, 2020.

1. HDSports

HDSports Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Third round CL qualifiers start next Tuesday.

ElevenSports has the Wed Sept 16 Maccabi Tel Aviv v. Dinamo Brest match live at 1:00 pm

Note: While the description states "Third Round qualifier", the heading is misnamed as "Champions League Basketball"

I have a question for those out there: BL/Live has listing of seven UCL and UEL matches next Tuesday throguh Thursday, but I am confused whether they are actually showing these games or just cluttering up their website with listings of sports events.

2. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

And that's if your guide has the info. Mine has nothing but two hour blocks of "Eleven Sports Network Programming."

3. HDSports

HDSports Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Who is your provider? Mine is Verizon Fios.

4. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same here.

5. HDSports

HDSports Member

Aug 30, 2005
  6. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm happy I went in this topic because I root of Israeli clubs, and I don't think any have been on TV since Hapoel Be'er Sheva in the 2017-2018 Champions League Playoff Round on August 16 and 22, 2017. If all the seeded clubs won in Qualifying Round 2; Maccabi Tel Aviv would have been eighth of ten clubs in the Champions Path; but Celtic, Ludogorets Razgrad, and Legia Warsaw lost at home to unseeded clubs to move Maccabi Tel Aviv up to fifth and the last seeded club. Dinamo Brest has a 3.775 coefficient, which is the lowest of any club in the round, so hosting Dinamo Brest is an easy draw.

All three League Path games will be on Tuesday, and all five Champions Path games will be on Wednesday. Here are the USA Eastern start times:

Tuesday:
    Dynamo Kyiv (Ukraine) vs. AZ Alkmaar (Netherlands) at 1:00 P.M.
    PAOK (Greece) vs. Benfica (Portugal) at 2:00 P.M.
    KAA Gent (Belgium) vs. Rapid Wien (Austria) at 2:30 P.M.

Wednesday:
    Omonia Nicosia (Cyprus) vs. Red Star Belgrade/Crvena Zvezda (Serbia) at 11:00 A.M., Red Star's goalkeeper is Canadian starter Milan Borjan
    Ferencvaros (Hungary) vs. Dinamo Zagreb (Croatia) at 1:00 P.M.
    Maccabi Tel Aviv (Israel) vs. Dinamo Brest (Belarus) at 1:00 P.M.
    Qarabag (Azerbaijan) vs. Molde (Norway) at 1:00 P.M.
    Midtjylland (Denmark) vs. Young Boys (Switzerland) at 2:30 P.M.

7. HDSports

HDSports Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Tuesday:
    Dynamo Kyiv (Ukraine) vs. AZ Alkmaar (Netherlands) at 1:00 P.M. B/R Live
    PAOK (Greece) vs. Benfica (Portugal) at 2:00 P.M. FuboSportsNetwork
    KAA Gent (Belgium) vs. Rapid Wien (Austria) at 2:30 P.M. B/R Live

Wednesday:
    Omonia Nicosia (Cyprus) vs. Red Star Belgrade/Crvena Zvezda (Serbia) at 11:00 A.M.,
    Ferencvaros (Hungary) vs. Dinamo Zagreb (Croatia) at 1:00 P.M. B/R Live
    Maccabi Tel Aviv (Israel) vs. Dinamo Brest (Belarus) at 1:00 P.M. ElevenSports
    Qarabag (Azerbaijan) vs. Molde (Norway) at 1:00 P.M.
    Midtjylland (Denmark) vs. Young Boys (Switzerland) at 2:30 P.M.

Fubo Sports Network is a free streaming channel (like beINSportsXtra) and can be found on Pluto, Xumo, Roku.
    ElevenSports is a cable channel.
    B/R Live matches are behind a paywall - monthly pass is $9.99

8. Pasha

Pasha Member

May 16, 2004
    St Louis, USA
    So I guess CBS All Access won't show anything until the group stage of both UCL and UEL?

9. HDSports

HDSports Member

Aug 30, 2005
    ElevenSports screwed up and is showing a rerun of Korean soccer in the place of the advertised UCL qualifier.

As for the next round, TUDN has their schedule of showing a UCL playoff game both on Tuesday and Wednesday. While CBS has not yet put up anything, it could be because playoff matchups are still being determined by today's matches. World Soccer Talk lists games being on CBS Access next Tuesday and Wednesday, but will wait for confirmation.

What is confirmed though is next Thursdays UEFA Supercup, both on CBSAccess and TUDN.

EvanJ repped this.
  10. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    Champions League rights begin with the Playoff Round so only CBS can show matches (English). Europa League rights begin with the Group Stage so the Playoff Round can still end up with anybody.

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

11. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I discovered that, and they didn't start with a message on the bottom about why they aren't showing Maccabi Tel Aviv vs. Dynamo Brest. Their website doesn't have their TV schedule. One website thinks they are showing those clubs play a basketball game just like my TV does. https://www.livesoccertv.com/match/3756120/maccabi-tel-aviv-vs-dinamo-brest/ says it isn't on TV in the USA. I looked for online streams. They want a credit number to confirm what country you are in. They say that your card won't be charged, but I'm not giving a credit card number.

12. HDSports

HDSports Member

Aug 30, 2005
    ElevenSports has grown more unreliable in their coverage than ever. A couple of weeks ago, the KHL returned with their first telecast of the season. There was another msigning a long term deal is something atch on the schedule for the following week, which was removed and no other games have been shown to date. After premiering with two Austrian Bundesliga matches last weekend, there are no games currently on the schedule. Perhaps they televise these events on a trial basis (although KHL hockey ha been a staple since the One World Sports days) and the price of signing a long-term deal is something they turn away from. ElevenSports has major sports league contracts in other countries and, while they admitted upon obtaining the channel from OWS, admitted that they would not pursue the high-cost major sports here, but they should at least have some consistency in their lineup. Right now, the only sports leagues they show consistenly are the Spanish League Basketball and Korean Soccer (plus endless reruns of same) plus tape delayed Japanese baseball.

PS. Speaking of disappearing leagues,how about that 5-year no game Scottish League contract signed by ESPN?

13. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have U-Verse. I think they use Titan TV, or at least they did at one time.

I've noticed some actual listings recently, but they also have a ton of the generic ones.

14. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Its funny you say that because as of now, there is no sign of any more Austrian Bundesliga on eleven. Just 1 week of showing matches from there. What kind of weird scenario is that?

I’m really hoping for some Scot Prem matches to show up on ESPN+. Lets hope that deal does get ironed out sooner rather than later.

15. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Looks like CBS is showing all the CL playoff games as well as the UEFA Super cup on Thursday.

16. HDSports

HDSports Member

Aug 30, 2005
    That is what every soccer listing tells me, but I would like it if CBS AllAccess (and Peacock as well) have a listing of upcoming matches.....it seems that one has to know beforehand that a match is upcoming and then find it. If there are such listiings, and I just don't know where to find it, please let me know.

t

17. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    https://www.livesoccertv.com/competitions/international/uefa-champions-league/ says games are on TV in Spanish. All start times are 3:00 P.M.

Tuesday:
    Krasnodar vs. PAOK on Galavision
    Maccabi Tel Aviv vs. Red Bull Salzburg on TUDN USA
    Slavia Praha vs. Midtjylland on TUDN XTRA

Wednesday:
    Gent vs. Dynamo Kyiv on Galavision
    Molde vs. Ferencvaros on CBS Sports Network so in English without needing CBS All Access
    Olympiacos vs. Omonia Nicosia on TUDN USA

18. HDSports

HDSports Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Evan, I think you're mistaken on the Molde match.....all 6 matches will be shown on CBS Sports Network (unless they are repeating the same matches, they do not specify) , but all on delay:

Tue. 9:00p Playoff Match from Tues
    Wed, 1:00a Playoff Match from Tues
    Thu, 12:00a Playoff Match from Wed
    Thu, 2:00a Playoff Match from Tues
    Thu, 4:00a Playoff Match from Wed
    Thu, 10:00a Playoff Match from Wed
    (also Fri 4:00a Playoff Match from Wed)

https://www.cbssportsnetwork.com/tv-schedule/

19. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yeah its annoying that Peacock doesn't even have a schedule listing anywhere that I can find. "Schedule" seems like a super basic item to have on your main menu.

For CBS all access, the good news is that they do have "schedule" in their main menu. The bad news is it shows the schedule for the knockout stages of the 2019-20 Champions League. :mad: Nothing on their CL page has been updated for several weeks despite there being games in a couple of hours from now.

But isn't every CL and EL match on CBS all access, or am I misremembering the deal? Would be good to know since my first monthly payment for both CBS and The Cock are due at the end of this week (and the coverage on those Mexican channels is unwatchable IMO, so not an option for me).

20. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    For those of us with Dish formerly known as Dish Network I just want to remind you that all the Games are available on Television if you have the Hopper Receiver.

Obviously the Galavision and TUDN matches are self explanatory.

Slavia Praha vs. Midtjylland on TUDN XTRA will be on Channel 857-01
    (IT is a stream so you cannot record it, just watch it live.)

21. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Also, Zona Futbol is a stream on Channel 858 if you want to just watch all the goals and important moments live.

I think it will be used today but not totally sure. Will update when the matches' start.

Redbullsnation2012 repped this.
  22. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you for saying that. I just looked at live showings. I'm not going to stay away from the results until the games are on in English.

23. HDSports

HDSports Member

Aug 30, 2005
    If that is your intention, I would record the Spanish games as insurance, because the matches on the CBSSN schedule are not specified and they might repeat one match and not show another at all.

24. Pasha

Pasha Member

May 16, 2004
    St Louis, USA
    Well, I do like my soccer provider switches so far. Peacock is cheaper than NBC Sports Gold, and it also has other stuff. CBS All Access, unlike B/R Live, is already included in my Amazon Prime. Watching Krasnodar - PAOK right now...

25. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    And as an update there was no Zona.

I guess it starts in the Group Stage?