UEFA Champions League 2021/22 - Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by fdasilva, Aug 23, 2021.

1. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Besiktas were probably the worst CL team this season. I know Haaland is a beast, but we put 8 past Besiktas. I think a lower tier Liga side could put up a better fight than Besiktas.

2. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Three of the regular starters didn't start the match and Tadic sat it out.

3. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

The only player they were missing was Tadic due to injury. Care to elaborate?

ScpBoy77 repped this.
  4. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Which starters?

5. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Defensive mistakes from our youngsters. But thats how you learn and grow.

Ajax will go far IMO. They got another golden generation and a really good coach.

Now let's hope we get Lille or something LOL

6. Olram6

Olram6 New Member

Apr 15, 2021
    Pasveer, Neres and Schuurs.

7. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

When you play in an illegitimate garbage ass league like the Eredivisie, then you can afford to throw all your marbles in the CL. Don't forget, PSV got beat at home by a weak ass Benfica team. Says a lot about the quality of play in Holland.

The Zeta Variant and ScpBoy77 repped this.
  8. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Schurrs played. In fact, he should've had a red card.

9. Olram6

Olram6 New Member

Apr 15, 2021
    And about two years, we will receive the CL ticket of Portugal. Portugese people are just bad losers.

10. The Zeta Variant

The Zeta Variant Red Card

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Aug 7, 2021

Who knows. Ajax hasn’t played against sportings full strength team. Also we actually have a domestic league to worry about where we can’t just walk over.

11. The Zeta Variant

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Aug 7, 2021
    You guys should know how to be good losers . You are used to losing to us when it matters

SCP_16 repped this.
  12. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    You'll just as quickly lose it lol. It turns over every 4 or 5 years anyway.

The Zeta Variant repped this.
  13. The Zeta Variant

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Aug 7, 2021
    Anyways I’d rather see Ajax win this cup than any of the big players and their scores of Malaysian and Indian “fans”

14. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Agreed, I'm a fan of how Ajax plays and the similarities in the youth development.

Ajax have had the same coach for many years and a philosophy. We are still building our philosophy. This game was to give the next generation a chance to grow.

Definitely don't mind seeing Ajax knock out a PSG or City. At least the fans aren't plastic

The Zeta Variant repped this.
  15. The Zeta Variant

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Aug 7, 2021
    They are likely to do well. Let’s face it outside of the big 4 English sides and Bayern I believe they are amongst the faviorites to win.

16. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Also congrats to Nazinho and Essugo. Two 16 year olds getting their debut today.

17. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    You're league is still shit and Portugal still owns you in every major international tournament we've ever played you.

Get back in your cave, troll.

18. Olram6

Olram6 New Member

Apr 15, 2021
    This says more about you than about me. Just a bad loser… Just give respect to a club who just defeated you twice with better football players and better tactics/game. And talking about a totally different subject, which is national football, says more about your age and your personal characteristics.

19. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Look through the thread, there has been plenty of respect and praise given to this Ajax squad. You’re the one who came to the Portugal forum and called Portuguese people ‘bad losers’. FOH with this ‘says more about you and your personal characteristics’ holier than thou bullshit.

20. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I thought Nazinho debuted in the win against Dortmund? Been seeing a lot of him the last few weeks. Amorim must think highly of him.

21. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He is clearly trolling and I don't think I have seen him on our forum. Anyway congrats on finishing second and advancing. Of your team stays healthy they will pose difficulties for many v teams.

OndaVerde repped this.
  22. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Thanks. Will cheer for you guys especially if you come up against a plastic club like PSG

Some other news - according to Fabrizio Romano, Amorim turned down RB Leipzig in the last few days.

23. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Chelsea cagou, tied 3-3 at Zenit and lost 1st place to Juventus.

Honestly tho I would take this current Juve team the way they're playing over Chelsea.

24. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Look, let's be honest, this all started with:

This was not their starting 11. Ajax would also easily win if Sporting played with their best squad.

So your purpose was to come into the SCP forum and proclaim that Ajax would've easily beat SCP with SCP's best squad. This is a dickhead statement written by a dickhead who is trolling an SCP forum.

I also added the Schuurs did start the game. So theoretically only 2 starters didn't play. What was Ajax's purpose of starting a nearly full starting 11? What point are they trying to prove?

I also reiterated how illegitimate the Dutch league is. There is literally only one good team. That's it. ONE. Ajax can field their B team and smash on the lowly Eredivisie teams.

Ajax spent 150+ million Euros in transfers the last three years. Sporting spent half of that in that timeframe. So comparing the two teams is absurd.

25. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Ajax is a legit team. I believe this is the only time that they've conceded 2 goals this season with the exception of the Supercup and the first SCP fixture. I expect them to make it beyond the quarterfinals.