UEFA '08. Georgia vs. Ukraine

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by yurchishin79, Aug 30, 2007.

1. yurchishin79

yurchishin79 New Member

Aug 22, 2007
    The next two games may well decide the relevancy of the remaining matches.

In the meantime. Blokha named his roster. As expected, no surprises there. The only rookie that was called up is Kravchenko (Dnipro). Also recalled after a disciplinary non-call is Chyhrinskiy. Hladkiy's becoming a fixture in this team as well. I am not sure what Haj is doing there though. :rolleyes:

In another relevant news, Karpaty sent home Lomaia, Georgian main keeper, after he dissallowed 8 goals in 2 games played.

2. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Lomaia did not start against Dynamo, Martyschuk did. Lomaia came on at 1-3, so he could only allow 5 goals in the last 2 matches. If anything, he was sent home for the soft goal from Denis Oliynyk of Neftyannik Okhtyrka.

3. yurchishin79

yurchishin79 New Member

Aug 22, 2007
    No. Martyshuk was in goal vs. Neftyannik, not Lamaia (Hey, I am Karpaty fan for 30 years, so I know that much :)). Lamaia allowed 4 goals vs. Dynamo and 4 more goals vs. Dynamo day before, while playing for reserves. 8 goals total in 2 days. :eek:

4. Sheva7

Sheva7 New Member

Jun 22, 2006
    USA
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Goalkeepers: Andriy Pyatov (FC Shakhtar Donetsk), Olexandr Shovkovskiy (FC Dynamo Kyiv), Maxym Startsev (FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk).

Defenders:
    Olexandr Grytsay (FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk), Andriy Nesmachniy (FC Dynamo Kyiv), Olexandr Kucher (FC Shakhtar Donetsk), Andriy Rusol (FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk), Volodymyr Yezerskiy (FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk), Dmytro Chygrynskiy (FC Shakhtar Donetsk), Vyacheslav Sviderskiy (FC Shakhtar Donetsk).

Midfielders: Oleh Gusev (FC Dynamo Kyiv), Ruslan Rotan (FC Dynamo Kyiv), Taras Mikhalik (FC Dynamo Kyiv), Konstantin Kravchenko (FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk), Olexiy Gay (FC Shakhtar Donetsk), Maxym Kalynychenko (FC Spartak Moskva), Anatoliy Tymoschuk (FC Zenit St. Petersburg), Serhiy Nazarenko (FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk), Oleh Shelayev (FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk).

Forwards:
    Andriy Shevchenko (Chelsea FC), Andriy Vorobey (FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk), Andriy Voronin (Liverpool FC), Olexandr Gladkiy (FC Shakhtar Donetsk)

Dnipro - 8
    Shakhtar - 6
    Dynamo - 5
    Liverpool - 1
    Chelsea - 1
    Zenit - 1
    Spartak - 1

5. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    What will Mr. Blokhin think of now - how to ruin our chancs some more, I hope not. We must win this game if we are to have a chance, it's a must, but it will be a very tough game for us.
    As usual:cool:

6. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    A little more optimism, ye of little faith. But seriously, Blokhin has done nothing but good for UNT. He's made some mistakes (see the total failure to change things against France), but, ultimately, he's on my plus side.

7. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    man, so many new threads.......:D

don't we have one thread for Ukraine's Euro matches already?

anyhow, like i said, this is a must win.

8. Sheva7

Sheva7 New Member

Jun 22, 2006
    USA
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Blokhin revised the squad list. Vorobei, Nesmachny and Mykhalyk are out. In addition, Shevchenko, Husyev, Rotan and Kalynychenko are questionable for the match. :rolleyes::(

9. Chosen One

Chosen One New Member

Aug 23, 2007
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Slava Shevchuk was called up additionally. :)

10. yurchishin79

yurchishin79 New Member

Aug 22, 2007
    I have a weird feeling before this game. :( I think there will be plenty of goals, just not sure who'll end up on the short end. :(

11. atikiN

atikiN New Member

Aug 24, 2007
    NYC
    We have a 1-0 lead at HT. The stream I'm watching is very choppy so it's hard to tell how well we're playing. The goal was more of a keeper/defencive blunder than class from Shalaev. He was left completely alone by the far post and Nazarenko put the ball right on his foot.

12. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    1-1...stoppage time... :(

13. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Typical. We're done in Europe.

14. atikiN

atikiN New Member

Aug 24, 2007
    NYC
    1-1 FT. Kalina came on, allowed his man to score the goal from the corner and missed a golden chance. If he needs help packing his bags on his way back to Spartak, I'll gladly help out. I don't want to see him on the pitch vs Italy.

And if Sheva ran as much as he complained then this game would have been put away long ago.

I'm gutted.

15. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    These last minute goals will have anyone cringe. Now we almost HAVE to win Wednesday. If France beat Italy today and we beat them at home, we have a chance. Otherwise, Euro2008 is but a dream.

16. Chosen One

Chosen One New Member

Aug 23, 2007
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    It is not Kalina who's to be blamed in the first place. :) Those who sucked big time in Tbilisi match were Blokhin and Pazik. :mad:

17. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    what an awful result. Just awful. You can't play not to lose, you have to play to win. Bloxin has himself to blame for making idiotic subs and puting Hladkov on 89th minute.

Nazarenko was man of the match for me. Sheva played ok.

18. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Well, Italy and France did what they could - a draw, to help us, but we had to screw it up and play defensively. After all, it was ingenious to sub Voronin:mad:

19. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Out of all this, Spartak Moskva is with an egg on their collective face. They wish someone could take Kalynychenko of their hands now but there will be very few takers. To think, a couple of months ago several clubs were willing to pay $3-4,000,000 for him!

20. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    He's a good player but he's not worth half as much, that's for sure.

21. dynamok

dynamok New Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Minneapolis
    I would have to agree that Blokhin is the one to blame. Terrible substitutions.
    Hai???
    Kalina, after the last 2 weeks he had???
    Hladkiy, on the 89th minute???
    WFT???
    Sheva did not do anything but complain the whole game, and this is not the first game he's done that. Play the friking game, quit your whining.
    Voronin, I didn't see much of him. He's never been a scorer for NT.
    And really, why even bother putting a sub in with 3 minutes left? Blokha should have put it Hladkyi after the first half.
    Just a terrible game, no plan what-so-ever, bunch a retartds running around.