Udinese at The Arsenal Pre/During/Post Matchday Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by TxTechGooner, Aug 14, 2011.

1. zombier

zombier Member

Jul 1, 2007
    Jersey City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    This team has no fluidity. Two games two cleansheets, but our defense is very thing. This tie is not over in the slightest. Gervinho had moments. Hopefully the best is yet to come with him. Jenkinson looked shaky and nervous as expected. Frimpong was ok for his cameo. We are very lucky to have gotten out 1-0.

2. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Chill Dude. This team is missing RVP and Wilshere. I am pretty happy with the 1-0.

3. lamb

lamb Member+

Sep 3, 2004
    Larne, N.Ireland
    so, 2 games into the season and both our proper left backs are out injured in 24 hours, we are 1 injury away from squillaci and our backup 19 yo rb is playing lb (and did well actually).

and another thing, see all this frimpong love....why? i'm really really not seeing it at all.

4. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I am assuming you didn't even watch the game if you are saying those things. Just try to watch the game before you judge because it can make you look pretty ignorant. ;)

5. ZIAD

ZIAD Member

Oct 11, 2004
    After all he is the best striker in the universe for the past 50 billion years.

6. totalfootball9

Feb 27, 2007
    Central PA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Spend some money!!

7. zombier

zombier Member

Jul 1, 2007
    Jersey City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Gibbs looked great before he came off, but the kid has some serious injury problems. We need to sign a LB. Ill take baines please.

8. lamb

lamb Member+

Sep 3, 2004
    Larne, N.Ireland
    gibbs and djourou......anyone surprised?

we REALLY REALLY REALLY need to spend some goddamn cash, and THIS WEEK.

9. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To be honest, at this point, AW may think twice before selling Bendtner. He could not be worse than Chamack.

I am happy with Koz and Verm but AW need to buy some players pronto.

10. 88AgentS

88AgentS Member

Jun 24, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To win the league or Champions League, eithier or really. I don't really care if our style of play changes from game to game. Whether we dominate possession or soak it up in the defense. As long as they get the win. The past few seasons the team has been pretty clear cut in how they were gonna play and had been countered. Call it pathetic, but if it gets the job done you're just blubbering.

11. GetEmGooners

GetEmGooners New Member

Mar 31, 2008
    B-MORE/JMU
    great result! team showed a lot of heart. normally after something like what happened with gibbs and djourou gettin hurt, I think this team would have choked, but they really did a good job. D looked good. Said to say but Chamakh isnt looking so good. Gervinho needs to do something with his chances. Walcott looks good. Thought Sagna looked really solid. Ramsey is gonna be big this year. Him and walcott look like they are on the same page. rosicky, meh. Kenny Chesney looked good again. Would liked to have seen Bendtner on for Chamakh, I had enough of him after 60 minutes.

12. Flyemirates2491

Mar 8, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    He's out for the next 3 prem matches...:(

13. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    the win aside, i can't imagine what arsene is thinking after seeing freaking carl jenkinson actually playing a meaningful match. lol
    that had to be an even bigger shock to the system than the supporters.

14. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It wasn't that bad. Ramsey created some good chances and grew as the game went on, Gervinho takes his defenders into the box at will, Walcott had some chances. Plus the defense did pretty well, despite all their attacks, Chesney only had to make what, two saves?

That said, our squad is paper thin two games into the season. We've got 8 defenders on the books and only 5 are now fit. Jenkinson looked horribly uncomfortable on the left. The depth in midfield is almost as bad, and the fact that i was wishing for Bendtner to come on tells you all you need to know about our depth up front.

We've got two weeks left in the window and need at least three players. That's ********ed.

15. Rewinder

Rewinder Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    We are in deep shit.

16. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    win the league??? lmao
    what are you on dude?
    any real team destroys us tonight.
    get a clue.

17. total_football

total_football Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    It's incredible that we've not allowed a goal in yet. Very strange season. What's the scoop on Gibbs' injury?

Rosicky is turning out to be "Denilson 2011".

18. gigglemuffin

gigglemuffin Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Salida, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was it me or is Jenkinson the most one footed player in our squad? He used his left foot like twice. How is that still acceptable if you are a professional footballer? Other than that, he looked decent.

19. SaratogaGooner

Nov 23, 2009
    Clifton Park NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pressures on Jack. He has to clean this shit up! Song appears to serve no leadership role whatsoever. Who was the leader on the pitch in the second half when we were falling apart??????????????????????? I saw ZERO communication, the sure sign of a team without a rudder!

20. iNviGNER

iNviGNER New Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Martin
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovakia
    Agree with you man, i think bend is a higher quality thank chamakh, not his day today

21. Fitzgerald#11

Fitzgerald#11 Member

May 23, 2007
    Calgary
    pretty lucky to hold onto that result to be honest

really need Wilshere back, Rosicky serves no real purpose playing that deep in the midfield.

Chamakh looks toast, hopefully its just a match fitness thing, or else we need to keep Nik.

22. Mister Obvious

Arsenal
    United States
    May 20, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gervinho

23. GetEmGooners

GetEmGooners New Member

Mar 31, 2008
    B-MORE/JMU
    to me it looked like its a " i have no idea what i'm doing out here thing"

probly could have bagged another had we started Nik. definitely need to keep him. god forbid Rvp gets injured, we honestly can't rely on Chamakh

24. ZIAD

ZIAD Member

Oct 11, 2004
    Its definitely not match fitness. I hope I'm wrong, but I feel like he's never going to fit in at Arsenal. Don't think he has the skills and more importantly the mental power to handle pressure.

25. jamezyjamez

jamezyjamez Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Can we say yet that this will never happen? Love to see the class finish on the goal and then several moments of WTF touches...welcome to Theo Walcott.

Still, nice to see some speed and attack on both wings. Should've been enough to get us at least two goals.

Chamakh is super frustrating in my opinion - holds the ball when he should keep it moving, tries one-touch when he could hold and make a dangerous pass. Watching him try and take a player 1v1 is like watching Shawn Bradley in the post...slow motion moves and they never work. Will be nice to get RvP back.