UCONN Picked to Capture 2002 BIG EAST Title

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by Andy_E, Aug 7, 2002.

1. Andy_E

Andy_E Member

Jun 18, 2002
    DC
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. ctsoccer13

ctsoccer13 Member+

Mar 25, 2002
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    with only curtis nabbing an honor, what does that say for our offense? will cuellar pick up his intensity level after his injury last year? Obviously with only Ralph up there we had problems putting the ball away. I can't wait to get out there. I'll be there onthe 18th against St. Louis and every game after that. Go HUSKIES!

3. NorthGoalGang

NorthGoalGang Member

Feb 16, 2001
    Coventry, CT
    Should be a very interesting season. The match I'm looking forward to is Maryland. I'd love for us to match up with some ACC schools every year.

4. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    What's up with Shavar Thomas not making the pre-season All Conference team? The guy has already played in World Cup qualifiers - with the senior team - and the World Youth Championship - for Jamaica but he isn't one of the 3 best defenders in the Big East?

While I'd love to think that the Big East is so deep that Thomas isn't one of the conference's top players, I doubt that is the case.

Or, is the explanation that Thomas won't be back at UConn this fall?

5. big bonnie

big bonnie New Member

Jul 13, 2002
    Shavar will be back for the huskies and he will make his mark in the big east this year. I've played wit him and his brother alex durin high school and he's one of the best players I've ever seen. The problem will be whether he and the other jamaicans will be motivated enuff to play this year. I think they will tho and they should guide the huskies deep into the tournament this year.