UCLA v. Fullerton St [R]

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by Preston North End, Sep 15, 2003.

1. Preston North End

Feb 17, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Story from Top Drawer Soccer...

http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/ScoreSheet/20030914231027/view

....some interesting things in the article, but to not give away the result for those that are taping it later (yeah, right), I'll post below

Matt Taylor is not 100% and the dude scores a hat trick!!!!

Big-game George at UVA is using and recruiting the wrong U18s. Chad Barrett should've been his starting forward not Adam Cristman. Kiel McClung - keeping Brandon Owens on the bench - should be in the U18s, not Paul Johnson (Johnson was only brought in for the Milk Cup, but come on!).

2. melvin

melvin New Member

Aug 30, 2003
    dallas
    UCLA vs Fullerton

Orange County Register says Taylor has a stress fracture in his pelvis? I wonder if Brandon Owens was hurt by missing much of the preseason while @ the World Championships? Looks like a lot of young guys are seeing action for UCLA. Pat Ianni looks strong as well as McClung. Taylor and Barrett have combined for 10 goals in 5 games. Defense has 3 shutouts.

3. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw Bywaters play on Thurs. night against USD. He's a good young player - not perfect, but very athletic, very quick, with good ball skills. I can see how it would seriously hurt Fullerton's game once he went out.