PBP: UCL: Bayern Munich v Manchester United - Wed 20 Sep 2023 [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Sofabloke, Sep 19, 2023.

1. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    He was press resistant first half of last season. Hell, against Brighton he had a sick maradona to get out of pressure. But it’s rare now and he’s been shit for half a year.

SF19 repped this.
  2. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    That is the point though - there is nobody who tracks bar Cas (and the unavailable Amrabat / Mainoo).

Mount when back available would be a less bad option to Eriksen - hence why EtH played him in place of Eriksen initially (though am still to be convinced that Mount is an #8).

I agree though that Bruno may have been less bad than Eriksen in the deeper role - EtH did move him deeper when Eriksen went off and McT came on from 69'. Would also rather have seen Hannibal as the higher of the #8's rather than McT. McT has gotten so slow / lazy at getting back.

Ultimately still don't think Bruno is a capable DM though - as his tracking isn't great either. Plus he is often too valuable as a #10 - though he was poor there today.

Mainoo was clearly where EtH wanted to go given his selection there alongside Cas for Arsenal and Real Madrid games in pre-season. Amrabat will clearly be the other choice there as will Mount (though hopefully Mount as 3rd choice ahead of Eriksen 4th choice for the deeper role).

benni... repped this.
  3. thefly

thefly Member

Aug 9, 2007
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I’m only going to focus on the positives:

• Reguilon looked lively again, especially going forward
    • Højlund looks like a real striker, wasn’t much in the game or getting touches yet still puts one away
    • Casemiro getting his head on crosses and free kicks
    • Team didn’t collapse when down 2 on 3 occasions, kept fighting back

J'can, Father Ted, SF19 and 3 others repped this.
  4. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Independent Republic of the Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Not to mention we had that corner called off due to a penalty in the box which was I guess grappling. I find that funny on the back of the way Jesus took down Evans and there was a no call.

5. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Red Card

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    When the team is playing bad, luck just seems to go against you. None of the VAR calls against us have been egregious other than the non-handball call against Spurs (I think), but every borderline VAR call has gone against us this season.

Deadtigers repped this.