UAE is going to be "Home" for the Iraqi National Team in the World Cup Qualifiers..

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by VidER, Jan 4, 2008.

1. VidER

VidER New Member

Jun 20, 2006
    VidERia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United Arab Emirates
    The Iraqi Football Association has picked the UAE to be its "Home" Venue during the World Cup 2010 Qualifiers.

All the Iraq national Team matches will be played in AlAhli Stadium in Dubai.

Great news for us since the Iraq National Team is very popular in the UAE not only among the large Iraqi Community, but even among Emaratis.

Good Luck to the Asian Champions!

VidER

2. Iraqi69

Iraqi69 New Member

Oct 21, 2007
    Mesopotamia
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq

YES i LOVE UAE, man if i get any chanse to go to UAE and watch the match ill take the first plane there

3. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
  4. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    I think it is correct that the matches will be played in UAE, even though on fifa.com the venue is not decided.(TBD)

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/matches/index.html

Note that UAE also have a match at home against Kuwait on 6 February , according to Fifa that match will be played in Abu Dhabi.

5. Kenzhi

Kenzhi New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Chinese media also reported the match against Iraq on Feb 6 will be played in Dubai but Iraq FA has not informed the kick-off time yet. The Chinese players do not like the matchdate selected by AFC because Feb 6 is the Chinese New Year Eve when they usually get together with their families. China time is 4 hours ahead of Dubai time. If the game is started at 8 pm, then it means China plays its game against Iraq in the Chinese New Year.

6. Iraqi69

Iraqi69 New Member

Oct 21, 2007
    Mesopotamia
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Then they well celebrate New Year with Iraq