U23 vs Haiti

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Alej, Oct 9, 2003.

1. Alej

Alej New Member

Nov 11, 2002
    South Orange, NJ
    Hey, my friend just made the Haitian U23 nat'l team, and will be playing on the 15th vs the US. Unfortunately I go to school in Connecticut and the game is in Miami so I can't go. If anyone goes, let me know how Robens Jerome did for the Haitian team? Alright, thanks in advance.

2. AdamT

AdamT New Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Washington DC
    When and where is the game? I live in Miami.

3. Alej

Alej New Member

Nov 11, 2002
    South Orange, NJ
    U.S. U-23 Men's National Team vs. Haiti

Date: 10/15/03 7:30 PM
    End date: 10/15/03 9:30 PM
    Series: International Friendly

Is ft lauderdale close to miami?

4. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's about 45 minutes away.

5. Mason16

Mason16 Member

Apr 11, 2001
    South Florida
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What position does he play? Descriptives?

6. milkduds

milkduds Member

May 20, 2003
    Saint Paul, MN
    Roster for Friendly?

Has anyone seen a roster for the US U-23s for this game. I have seen a few notes on a couple of MLS websites on players that are going (Gonzales from LA, Borchers, Schmidt, Beckerman from Colorado), but I have not seen the full squad. Post a link if you can find it.

7. harttbeat

harttbeat Member

Dec 29, 1998
    New York
    Well, from another report reads Convey and Beasley won't be included while Martino, Buddle and Donovan are definites. Why don't they just give us the damn list...

8. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    During the broadcast of the LA-KC game, the announcers said Ricky Lewis had been summoned. Incidentally, Lewis had a very strong game, perhaps his best as a pro, last night.

9. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    an article in the dispatch said that buddle, martino and akwari will be included in the squad.

10. Alej

Alej New Member

Nov 11, 2002
    South Orange, NJ
    Re: Re: U23 vs Haiti

he's a forward, he's about 5'9", 155, short hair. i know he likes to wear either 9 or 23, but i dont know what number he got on the natl team.

11. Crazy_Yank

Crazy_Yank Member

Jan 8, 2001
    Matamoros, Mexico
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Re: U23 vs Haiti

What club (or college squad) does he play for? I honestly wouldn't be suprised to see the US win by 5 or 6 goals.

12. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    Re: Re: Re: U23 vs Haiti

Does he have a name?

13. Alej

Alej New Member

Nov 11, 2002
    South Orange, NJ
    His name is Robens Jerome, as I said in the first post. He plays for Kean University and the Metrostars Reserve team.

14. Alej

Alej New Member

Nov 11, 2002
    South Orange, NJ
    i just got off the phone with my friend, haiti lost 1-0, he didn't play because of a turned ankle. thanks anyway for anyone who went, i heard it was a hell of a game.

15. harttbeat

harttbeat Member

Dec 29, 1998
    New York
    we only won by 1? We're in trouble...

16. GoDC

GoDC Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Hamilton, VA
    We played without Beasley, Donovan for 60 minutes,Convey(not sure if he will really start) and Clark. I think we will be OK.

17. Martin Fischer

Martin Fischer Member+

Feb 23, 1999
    Kampala. Uganda
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well a players' form can change over time, but with Mooch being an assistant of Bruce, I think the days are over where a player will start on the full Nats and sit on the Under 23s.

18. GoDC

GoDC Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Hamilton, VA
    I agree and I know how much he has played this year for Bruce but right now I would not see Bobby as a starter for the National Team.

19. Martin Fischer

Martin Fischer Member+

Feb 23, 1999
    Kampala. Uganda
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, he could be playing too poorly to play for the USMNT. But until Bruce Arena takes Convey out of the top 15 for the USMNT, it is premature to talk about Convey sitting in favor of the likes of Ricky Lewis, Kyle Beckerman and whoever played right mid last night.

20. GersMan

GersMan Member

May 11, 2000
    Indianapolis
    his main competitors for a starting spot with the U23 team are:

left mid - Beasley
    left back - Ricky Lewis, someone else i'm forgetting
    attacking mid - Kyle Martino

21. Martin Fischer

Martin Fischer Member+

Feb 23, 1999
    Kampala. Uganda
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and right mid -- whoever.

22. Nutmeg

Nutmeg Member+

Aug 24, 1999
    GersMan, make sure to thank Dale Mason for the solid post-game article.

It sounds like Borchers and Eddie Johnson, who served the cross that ended up in our goal, both played solid games. I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that the EJ to right mid experiment develops into a long-term solution. It sounds like, for his part, Eddie wants to make it work. Also good to hear that Kyle Beckerman's good work in Colorado have translated well to the Olympic team. Ricardo Clark's performance in the USOC Final was remarkable, so I look forward to seeing how the DMid position depth chart works out.

That's encouraging.

Unfortunately, it sounds like Kyle Martino struggled. I think the piss-poor season the Crew had this year have hurt KMart's confidence. I really, really hope that KMart spends some time this offseason in the weight room, and then returns to MLS next year to a coach who can help him develop as an AMid.

23. Mason16

Mason16 Member

Apr 11, 2001
    South Florida
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're welcome, glad to do my part.

KMart tried showing for the ball and came far back to link-up but he couldn't do much right. It's tough to come off for a player of Donovan's caliber and face the comparisons. Frankly, if Convey regains his form anytime soon, I think he will compete for the amid spot with KMart.

EJ at Right mid is a work in process. He did sound committed to learning the position and adjusting to the new demands. I think his strength will always be running at goal with the ball and not a classic winger who sends crosses in.

24. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003