U20 job open?

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by juvechelsea, Oct 24, 2019.

1. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
  2. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's stronger than a rumor. A credible reporter references a source who says that the deal is completed and Tab will be the next manager of the Houston Dynamo. So it's probably true.

This is bad news from our standpoint because imo he was the most logical choice to be Gregg's successor if he continues to fail. Plays a logical style for the pool and won enough at the most relevant level underneath the senior side.

The caveat is we might have a second FCD/Luchi in Texas. He builds up the academy before long there finally and then integrates those young Americans, especially Latinos in the southwest, into the team. Discernibly expands our pool.

It's tantamount to when Marsch announced he was on his way to be an assistant for Leipzig and a Salzburg manager in waiting. That precluded him from being an option for the USNT. But at the same time he can open doors for prospective Americans who want to coach in relevant Euro competitions.

3. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    It's Stewart's show. His preferences have been N. European tactics and USMNT experience. Also, must live in Chicago. So Tab was never going to be an option under Stewart's watch.

Right now, I think Cherundolo must be on the short list for one of the spots but probably Wicki will jump up from U17 to U20. Kreis looks like he will jump ship.

4. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I could see Wicky promoted. for the u17, maybe bring in a new face?

But, I hope we don’t lose the u23 team under any circumstance. I’m thinking for guys like Ledezma, Reyna, Mendez, etc. it’s invaluable to keep them inside the US set up, and use that system to move players up to the senior team.

5. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    wicky just lost an opening worlds match to senegal.

6. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and he just lost that u20 consideration, IMO, unless he figures out something magical.

7. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Most positions within USYNTs are open.
    Tab leaving the youth technical director role may be more impactful than the U20 role. The recent U16 and U15 camps have used a rotating group of elite development academy coaches. I don't have a problem with that. Still, folks wonder why we sometimes have trouble recruiting?

Youth Technical Director: Vacant
    U23: Jason Kreis (part-time; he has a job with Inter Miami)
    U20: Vacant
    U19: Vacant
    U18: Vacant
    U17: Rafael Wicky
    U16 Vacant
    U15 Vacant