U19 Canada vs Brasil PBP [R]

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by gousa9, Aug 29, 2002.

1. Aidaen

Aidaen Member

Aug 24, 2002
    East Lansing, MI
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    15? Good lord... that's some bloody good work.

Brazillian keeper is taunting the shooter? That's fun.

2. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Congrats to the Canucks!!!

US v Canada on Sunday to see who wins the first ever U19 WWC!!!!

I think I shall help out with a PBP that day and then go backpacking :rolleyes:.

3. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    everyone is going crazy...players are huggning each other, brasilins crying. i would feel bad for them (brasil) but after what happened with the sincy PK makes me po-ed..........

everyone is so happy, crowd is going crazy...moscato hops over to join the celebration...none of the crowd is leaving....

kelly (brasilian) looks so deflated, and is crying big time. brasil plays vs. germany for third place....

canadsa vs. usa final.....GOOOOOOO CANADA!!!!!!!!

this game was AMAZING!!!!! theyr'e running around the crowd saltuing everyone....

GO CANADA GO!!!!!

this has been awesome

4. kennytt

kennytt Member+

LA teams
    United States
    May 26, 2001
    Westminster, OC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congratulations, Canada!

5. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Oh yeah...just a friendly lil' reminder...

FSWD will be carrying the final LIVE on Sunday at 1pm PDT.

Uhhh someone may want to doublecheck that but I'm sure that's what it is.

6. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    you should. i don't think i can.

i'm "helping" my sis move into college on sunday, but should be back home in time. but, i'm using my sis's comp that is set up right near the TV, and by sunday it will be with my sis at her dorm, and therefore can't do a PBP...this has been fun though!!!!!!!

GO CANADA GO!!!

hopefully our players are not too banged up and can go for sunday....this one should leave tons of bruises and bumps....

7. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    all the newscasts are talking about this now...

this is the first time that canada is in the finals for ANY major FIFA competition...i'm so proud of this team, especially since i feel like i know some of these players!!!!!!!

GO BIG RED!!!!!

8. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    i'm still in shock...wow....what a game....

i think i'm gonna hit the sack now....my head still hurts a lot, and i think i should sleep on it....

can't wait until i see the papers tomorrow..it'll definitly be front page stuff!!! (first time ever, i think too!!!)

i think the whole country's caught on to this!!!

ttyl

elaine

9. tcmahoney

tcmahoney New Member

Feb 14, 1999
    Metronatural
    Congratulations, Canada!

Where and when is the final Sunday?

10. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Commonwealth Stadium in Edmonton.

1pm PDT

I will do the PBP in the US A&D forum on Sunday. Someone help me with this though.

11. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    finals will be at commonwealth stadium in edmonton.

3rd place game kicks off at 1pmET (11am local time), and the gold medal game kicks off at 4pmET, 2 pm local time...

i bet the place will be PACKED for it...i wouldn't be surprised if maybe 50,000 turn up!!!

elaine

12. tcmahoney

tcmahoney New Member

Feb 14, 1999
    Metronatural
    Doggone. Edmonton's a little far for me to drive. I was hoping to catch a match or two in Victoria, but no such luck.

13. clavs

clavs Member

Jun 14, 2000
    There's pretty decent coverage at the canada soccer website here

I particularly like the official U-19 WWC Slogan:

"boy, can they play." :)

14. Mel10

Mel10 New Member

Apr 24, 2001
    in your underpants
    I could not be more disgusted by Brazil. I've never seen such bad sportsmanship. OMG. I cannot get over it. The brazzilians corwding the ref, THEN Christine Sinclair?! The brazilian GK trying to intimidate Kara with some stupid chest thumping when shes about to take her PK?! Revolting.

15. hobbes

hobbes Member

Jul 26, 1999
    regina, saskatchewan
    That was the biggest disgrace of a game I've ever seen.

I'm so proud of how the girls maintained their composure despite how insane it got out there. Though to be fair, Brazil deserved two PKs (and Canada probably deserved a second) and of all the appeals the one she did call was one of the least flagrant.

Still! A coach running on the field twice. A Brazilian falttening Sinclair after the missed Pk and a teamate standing over top of her screaming. . . the Brazilian keeper dancing on the spot after the first miss. . . McLeod jumped early on her first save (much like Scurry, close, but early), but Gisella! My word she was halfway out of the eight-yard box. Vermuelen actually slid it by her feet at she sprinted out. It was absurd. Any decent ref would have carded two or three Brazilians after she called the first PK, asside from the normal hounding, pushing and screaming at the ref, they kicked the ball of the spot and kept yelling at Sinclair as she prepared to take the kick. The assitant coach is out there yelling at the ref.

The ref was bad for the first 90 (apparently obstruction doesn't exist, if you're have the ball in front of you, you can spread your arms and back in to the defender like Shaq), lots of heavy fouls that went unpunished (esp by Canada), lots of kicking the ball away from the player on free kicks and not giving 10 yards by Brazil.

I'm still all riled up. I'm really proud of the girls though. It's just too bad that there's 37,000 people there and a big national TV audience and they get a game with zero sportsmanship or control.

Hope for a good final and I hope Muscato makes a miracle recovery :)

16. DjDomino

DjDomino New Member

Mar 17, 2002
    a paper bag
    Here here

17. Tsunami

Tsunami Member

Oct 16, 2000
    SD, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. kevbrunton

kevbrunton New Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Edwardsburg, MI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Elaine,

Thanks so much for the PBP. I just read it this morning after getting into work. I had to referee last night and didn't get to see either game.

It was just like watching the game live.

Thanks again. Great job.

Kevin.

19. justink

justink Member

Jul 15, 2000
    what preservance!

I don't how you kept it up all game. Most PBP even on the Voyageurs board is pretty succinct but you seem to have captured some of the flavour of the game.

I watched the game but it was good to re-live it.

20. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    Re: what preservance!

thank you!

it was fun to do! it was my first PBP to that extent, and had tons of fun! :) it was a GREAT game...and BIG WIN!!! hopefully it puts women's soccer on the map here in canada...

kinda sad to see that since the game ran so late here in TO, that the morning papers had no coverage of it...hopefully it won't be too overshadowed by the MLB strike crap in tomorrow's paper.....

elaine

my team canada site: http://gobigred.sinfree.net

21. LomaB8

LomaB8 New Member

Jun 3, 2001
    Hamilton,ON
    I finally got around to watching the second half of the game tonight. A friend of my Dad's taped the game as my parents don't have sportsnet at home. I have to say I agree with everything you typed. Lang was brilliant the way she stuffed Giselle especially after her antics pre-pk. I liked Brasil when I saw them play in Vancouver, but I was not at all impressed by that semi.