U15s in 2024 Vlatko Markovic (PBP and Discussion)

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, May 15, 2024.

1. Maximum Optimal

Maximum Optimal Member+

Jul 10, 2001
    He's got some bulldog DNA in him. Mixed in with some terrier.

moochie repped this.
  2. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Sokoloff has been very good. Definitely one of our best so far.

He just has an issue that kids like Sullivan (and before him Pulisic, Reyna, etc) don’t have where his athletic profile is a real question. He’s also not like an uber talent on the ball like Carrizo where he definitely still has enough talent to be a successful pro with the question.

He might be an exception. There are some, but hard to know at this point. He could also still develop in that area. He’s basically doing all he can right now with the athletic profile he has at club level and for country, so his chances are better than the majority of the 100 other with his profile. Time will tell.

moochie and butters59 repped this.
  3. Maximum Optimal

Maximum Optimal Member+

Jul 10, 2001
    He plays big. And his speed/quickness is not bad. Maybe not Pulisic level but I wouldn't write off his athleticism. And his tenacity and work rate are top notch. Those things are going to take him far.

I also think his soccer IQ is very high. He sees things quickly and finds the right pass.

moochie repped this.
  4. moochie

moochie Member

Feb 14, 2002
    His younger sister, who I also briefly "coached", went the gymnast route, and is also a high level performer. Athletic fam.

ussoccer97531, butters59 and Boysinblue repped this.
  5. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Pl@ymaker and Winoman repped this.
  6. Maximum Optimal

Maximum Optimal Member+

Jul 10, 2001
    0-0 at the half against Japan. Very competitive match.

Adri Mehmeti was our best player in the first half. Good to see him rebound from what I thought was a poor match against England.

Hassan and Spivey also impressed. Donaldson has been very good in goal.

Pl@ymaker and Winoman repped this.
  7. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    We win!! 1-0 We are the champions. We were the better team by significant amount but Japan plays like Japan and got a few good looks late.
    Take that Tom Byers, and yes we were better and more importantly more dynamic on the ball than they were. And yet we never had a long running Saturday cartoon to teach us ball skills. Poor us. Maybe one day we can be so lucky.

8. Maximum Optimal

Maximum Optimal Member+

Jul 10, 2001
    #58 Maximum Optimal, May 19, 2024
    Last edited: May 19, 2024
    One player who has not been mentioned much is Will Ostrander. I thought he was excellent as a false 9 against Morrocco and today he was dynamic after coming in at half-time as a wide attacking player on the left side.

We have 2 good 9s in this group in Steelman and Cadet.

Forfor had another strong game at left back. I'm guessing he and Hassan probably got the most notice from any scouts in attendance.

The top 4 prospects among the 09s in descending order: Sullivan, Albert, Hassan, Forfor.

But there are others with a chance for significant national team careers.

SUDano, Pegasus, moochie and 1 other person repped this.
  9. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    #59 SUDano, May 19, 2024
    Last edited: May 19, 2024
    Romero's there. CB's are tough to project. Sokoloff too is probably 7 or 8 for me.
    Mehmeti is up there too, His passing range and decision making is top notch. His off the chest long pass to Hassan in the first half was a beaut. All these players are good prospects and will all be pro somewhere, what level don't know yet but that depends on further physical and mental development.

moochie and Winoman repped this.
  10. Maximum Optimal

Maximum Optimal Member+

Jul 10, 2001
    I'm leaving out the CBs and goalies because they have a different developmental arc. But this looks to be a good group for those positions as well.

SUDano and Winoman repped this.
  11. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the winning goal

recruitment going well

the stream since it wasn't posted
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZNiFnQb4fk

Winoman and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  12. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    #64 butters59, May 21, 2024
    Last edited: May 21, 2024
  15. Maximum Optimal

Maximum Optimal Member+

Jul 10, 2001
    Yup. That goal was all Hassan plus a miscue by the Japanese defender.

16. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    He didn't mention that it was the goal in the final, which was just a misplayed ball after a long kick by the GK, he was referring to a nice long pass from RB in the England game for O. Hassan to run onto and still dribble a few time to score to make it 3-1.

17. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    "The two standouts were Alexito Gomez and Prince Forfor, both started and played incredibly well in the final. Gomez played a few great long-ball, through balls that led to dangerous transitions, one of which ended in an Omar Hassan goal."
    Then he should write better.

18. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Since we know that the only goal in the final wasn't a special pass and was from a GK and know that O.Hassan scored a few goals in the tournament and can view the pass just a few posts above the reference. Simple reasoning or just think the writer is at fault. Whichever works for you.

19. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    Poor writing works for me.

SUDano repped this.