U.S. will win the Group of Death!!

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by jankballs, Dec 28, 2005.

1. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Ya it gets confusing sometimes. Group C is the group of death. Thanks to the fat Yanks, Group is is known as the Group of Girth.

2. WarriorSoccer

WarriorSoccer Member

Nov 3, 2005

We get respect from the Mexican National Team? Because I thought that when a team respects you they go out and play a fair game every time they step on the field with you. They don't try to take out and seriously injure players, they don't talk a tremendous amount of shet in the media, and they graciously accept defeat when they are outplayed and out-scored. The Mexican team does none of this. They have no respect for anybody on the US team. They are arrogant and they can't stand that a nation that barely cares about soccer is starting to pass them in their own region. The Mexican team is filled with a bunch of dirtbags, dont give them credit that they don't deserve. I can't even watch Mexican games any more with out hoping that they get completely blown out because of this.

3. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its true , Mexico does do all of these things , and I dont like a lot of Mexican players for it , but I do think that some of the smarter mexican players are starting to realize we are a real team and we are a strong team that has to be taken seriously , and we can win any game . Mexico might not like to admit it , but we are a growing soccer nation , and CONCACAF is no longer Mexicos playground.

4. strawberryfields

strawberryfields Red Card

Dec 13, 2005
    Oak bluff way.
    The WC-2002 is killing us, everyone will be aware of us now, McBride will be thightly guard, they won't attack us all out because of affraid our counter attack which is our trade mark, now what we'll gonna do ? i think Bruce should have an X factor, which means someone unknown to them ( Eddie Johnson in this case ) who will make a surprise but, since i just revealed this X factor, than what should we do now ? :(

5. aGuyatTexasTech

aGuyatTexasTech New Member

Oct 15, 2004
    Lubbock
    arcturus rex did not watch our almost full team play Mexico and therefore is dumber then shitt for judging that America will not win the world cup

6. strawberryfields

strawberryfields Red Card

Dec 13, 2005
    Oak bluff way.
    If all the refferees is acting " fairly " .... :D

7. arcturus rex

arcturus rex BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 10, 2005

The US has at most a third tier soccer team in world soccer. I suspect that they have reached a peak (a peak defined by their possibilities) from which they will descend sooner than later. When soccer truly becomes a popular sport in the US they may hope for greater things; in the meantime, let them enjoy their ephemeral peak.

8. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How can you say we are about to start a downfall when we have enormous amounts of youth playing the sport, and our youth system is producing quality players better than ever before. I think this is just the beginning.
    DTOM

9. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    It really doesn't matter what anyone thinks about us -- including us -- the only thing that matters is our performance. It's amusing to get under the skin of those who are scandalized by our brash over-confidence, but I think we all know only winning will change some minds, and many will never change their opinions, regardless of any success we might enjoy.

Should we experience success in Germany, the focus will shift from our National Team results to the lack of support for our domestic league -- which Beasley's manager at Eindhoven called "a naive championship."

I will be pleasantly surprised if we emerge from our group, which we have to win to avoid the likely possibility of facing Brazil in the round of 16. Most Americans will be too wrapped up in baseball to care, one way or the other. That's why the ROTW consider us a light weight. Getting bounced in the first round will not be cause for national despair.

10. jankballs

jankballs New Member

Aug 7, 2004
    Seattle
    Yeah not a national despair for baseball fans but a big hit for the soccer fans of US.
    I think we need to at least get out of the group to keep interest growing. Or else we will have another set back like in '98.
    I am not a big MLS fan but I appreciate that we are trying and if the league is ever going to be a great one we need the NT to do well.

11. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well said , but I think the league needs fan support as well , and thats why I have become an MLS fan, and I try to see as many games as possible throughout the season.
    But I think it is true to say that national team gets more media coverage ( still not that much ) and is more popular in the USA. As the MNT does better, I think more interest in American soccer will come with it.

12. Yankee_Devil

Yankee_Devil Member

Nov 13, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    WOW looks somebody has been drinking too much of the Kool-Aid.

[​IMG]

13. bltleo

bltleo Member+

Jan 5, 2003
    GERMANY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    group of life?...A group:) with Germany....we should survive in this group:)
    well we want to win the World cup, not just to win the group:)

bltleo
    GERMANY

14. jankballs

jankballs New Member

Aug 7, 2004
    Seattle
    True that they do need the support. If Seattle ever gets a team I will support them for those exact reasons.