U.S. to play exhibition against China

Discussion in 'China' started by Fevernova99, Feb 26, 2007.

1. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Zhu could have played Du Zhenyu and Xin Feng instead of Li Tie. Aside from that, this isn't even a B team. The CFA/clubs have basically dissected the best national team into three different squads; one for the U.S. trip, one for Toulon, and one for A3.

BTW, RSL fans came prepared. ;)

2. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    This guy is a F'n joke - if he feels so strongly about it go to a chinese embassy and protest.

He just wants to get on the news...

3. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Colorado Rapids vs. China

Monday 8:00am Beijing Time

4. Shaster

Shaster Member+

Apr 13, 1999
    El Cerrito, CA, USA
    Ya. I just put a comment about this Freedom of Express shit. Basically I asked them if during Beijing Olympics, we have few fans put out "Good job, Osama!" Or "Genocide Iraq", how Americans feel?

5. NYC ugly

NYC ugly Member

Aug 7, 2000
    Very near my computer
    People wearing CHINA jerseys lost to Salt Lake Fakeys' "C" team. They lost to a team with players who can't even make the worst MLS teams' gameday roster. You should be outraged! If team China doesn't feel extremely insulted w/ their Salt Lake performance, they would get a pummeling from the Crapids reserves worse than the US game.

6. athena20

athena20 Red Card

Apr 18, 2006
    I just hope we can have a squad like this in asian cup:

-------------------Wang Dalei

-------Du Wei Feng Xiatong Zhou Ming Sun Xiang
    ----------------Zhou Haibin Shao Jaiyi
    ----------Sun Jihai-----Wang Yongpo----Yu Hai
    ---------------------Dong Fongzou

the current squad is total rubbish.

7. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    The cool thing is that most of us don't care anymore as long as Zhu is the coach. I for one hope that the Crapids reserves win 10-0.

8. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    There is no point dealing with ppl like this - you read his blog, he contradicts himself, he has no interest in even learning about whats going on - you can tell from the fact he was waving a Taiwan flag which is the dumbest form of protest against the Chinese that I have ever seen.

BTW the same person is over at the Rapids board stiring things up :) he is encouraging others to do the same hahah what a joke - his BS id is RSL Donk

9. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    A ROC flag in a PRC match. That IS stupid. It's like bringing a British colonial flag to a US match.

[​IMG]

10. ruazn2

ruazn2 Member

Jul 25, 2006
    California
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Projected starting line-up against Rapids:

国家队预计首发阵容(4231):

守门员:杨君

后卫(左起):张帅、张耀坤、季铭义、张宝峰

前卫:李铁、忻峰

蒿俊闵、王栋、赵旭日

前锋:董方卓

11. Master O

Master O Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd feel offended obviously (like most Americans), but then I'd move on.
    Duh! :rolleyes:

12. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Colorado scored in the 21st minute. 1-0. :)

13. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002

yes, I know I've brought it up before, and perhaps I'm only being a pedant, but its not nepotism because there is no familial relationship between the 2.

Again, the pedant in me, but technically Dong hasn't put in a lot of performances for his club team, nor has Sun Jihai, and yet...

If you look at the roster picked to go to the US, it makes sense why Li Tie would play, he is one of the few plaeyrs with real experience. Why was he picked for this trip is another question, but with China's roster taking a huge hit because of Toulun and A3, it kind of makes sense (still, why no Tao Wei?). Li Tie isn't over the hill, but he also isn't at top form yet, I'm guessing Zhu's hope is to let him get in form by playing these meaningless matches and hope he'll be a leader of the team at the AC. This has been a hope many people have had for a long time and it hasn't really worked in getting him in shape. At this point, he probably shouldn't be a starter, but definitely should be on the squad. That said, I stand by my earlier point that in the game against the US, he was one of the only players on the Chinese squad that played decently (along with Shao) in a game that heavily relied on our midfield to create because our defense was an absolute joke.

Ahh, the Dragon team............Come on, that game was an absolute joke, those weren't even close to China's best players, and you bring Mr. Na Ying out of retirement and give him a half hour to look a fool, you gotta be kidding me. Don't remember what happened when Guoan and Man U played in the Gongti swamp 2 years ago...

In thinking about an AC squad, all I know is that I don't want us playing with only 1 striker, Zhu (or whoever the coach is) better play a combo of Dong, Han Peng, and Li Jinyu. He also better play Datou at defense, preferably alongside Zhang Yaokun. Somebody posted a sample lineup a few days ago (x? forza?) that I really liked, athena's is way too drastic for me and has too many holes.

14. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    WE WON!!! 2-1 ZHU'S job has been saved!

ALL HAIL CHAIRMAN MAO
    ALL HAIL THE PROVINCE OF TIBET
    ALL HAIL THE PROVINCE OF TAIWAN

We would've never achieved this victory without our leaders and brothers of the Communist party! LONG LIVE THE PARTY!

15. ruazn2

ruazn2 Member

Jul 25, 2006
    California
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    2-1 FT, Dong scored a goal

16. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Sweet! but this is not a full international tho right? so it doesn't really count

17. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    You best be drunk.

Why does it need to count? Dong already has a Work Permit.

18. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    If you're talking about this lineup then that's me:

---------------------------LLL----------------------------------

Xu Yunlong----Zhang Yaokun----Li Weifeng---------Sun Xiang

------------------------Sun Jihai----------------------------

--Du Zhengyu---------------Zheng Zhi--------------Mao Jianqing

--------------Dong Fangzhuo-------Hang Peng---------------

Subs:

Wang Dalei
    Ji Mingyi
    Zhao Xuri
    Shao Jiayi
    Chen Tao
    Zheng Bin
    Gao Lin

19. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Damn! I was hoping we would lose and Zhu would get fired......

That idiot finally realized Dong's best asset is his finishing ability.

20. shingkei

shingkei Member

Mar 23, 2007
    China
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Even if the team lose, Zhu would not be fired.:)

21. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    For stats! Whos going to sign a striker in 5 years if his resume says he scored 5 goals in 35 games and his country plays in Asia...

22. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    I don't think NT stats matter that much to clubs.

23. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    So were the two China vs MLS matches ever shown anywhere?

24. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Both matches were not shown live on CCTV-5. The Real Salt Lake match was on GolTV.