U.S. to play exhibition against China

Discussion in 'China' started by Fevernova99, Feb 26, 2007.

1. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    CCTV-5 is broadcasting the NBA Finals. Does anyone know which channel will show the Real Salt Lake match?

2. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    WTF...Dong is in the midfield again.

3. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    LOL...

Free Tibet protest stops the match for moments.

4. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Real scores right after Dong's substitution.

5. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    FT: Real 1-0 China

6. dqma

dqma Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Montreal
    end of game Real won by the score of 1 to nothing.
    Toronto FC reject scored the lone goal.

China lost against mls last place team.

7. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Well at least Dong played as a forward and had a few shots.

Is Zhu priming Li Tie for the Asian Cup?

8. dqma

dqma Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Montreal
    Li Tie got seriously injured for the national team, the honor of the motherland.

That's why he is in the national team.

9. Nova.

Nova. New Member

May 13, 2007
    I think that China should use it current squard in the Toulon competition for it's senior men team.

10. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    That's an interesting perspective. I would rather the CFA compensate him financially for the time missed and remain true to the sporting spirit by playing people who deserve to be there on merit.

11. Shandong

Shandong New Member

May 22, 2007
    Nt早死早托生.

12. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Damn I missed the game. Thought it was tomorrow morning.

So how did the team do in general? With this loss, I'm sure all Chinese fans are calling for Zhu's head right now.

Damn this pig's face is thicker than a 6-foot bomb shelter wall.

13. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    HAHAHA we lost to Freddy Freaking Adu?!? Qu Bo Is back?!!?

SALT LAKE CITY - Real Salt Lake has announced that tonight's exhibition contest between RSL and the Chinese Men's National Team will be broadcast on a tape-delay basis by GolTV, with the international friendly to air nationwide on Friday, June 8, at 7:00 p.m. MT.

14. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    I'm so ********ing pissed right now. 0-1 against a bottom team in the ********ing MLS? Where's our ********ing national pride? If I see Zhu I wanna punch him in the face so hard...what a loser he is...

Just went to sina's message board and blew off some steam. Everyone's calling Pig to resign over there...hahaha.... some of the messages are so nasty I was surprised sina didn't delete it. Some fans are even begging for his resignation...

It's clear right now there's no choice but to fire this a-hole. The players have lost confidence in him, the fans want him removed long ago.

This idiot has used 106 players and still hasn't settled on a recognizable lineup. Is this guy ********ing brainless or what? If I were the NT coach I can simply watch the tapes of CSL games, and if I see anybody good I'll can him up to NT and I'll stick with him. No need to constantly change players like it's a goddamn musical chair. ********ing idiot...

Latest poll in Sina:

您如何看国足0-1负大联盟垫底球队?
    What do you think about the 0-1 loss to a MLS bottom team?

选项(choice) 比例(percentage) 票数(votes)
    1 输得太多早已没感觉 43.45% 3422
    (no feeling because lost too many games)

2 愤怒,国足给中国足球抹黑 41.58% 3275
    (angry. NT is a shame)

3 失望,国足太让人伤心 14.23% 1121
    (disappointed. NT makes me hurt)

4 说不清 0.74% 58
    (can't say for sure)

谁应该为国足连败负主要责任?
    Who should bear responsibility for the string of losses?

选项 比例 票数
    1 主教练朱广沪 52.34% 4122
    (Zhu Guanghu)

2 中国足协的领导层 43.44% 3421
    CFA

3 球员 3.05% 240
    Players

4 其他 1.18% 93
    Others

您认为朱广沪是否应该立即下课?
    Should Zhu resign now?

选项 比例 票数
    1 应该,只有朱广沪下课国足才有希望 76.54% 6028
    Yes, only Zhu's resignation will bring hope to NT

2 无所谓,不再关心国家队 17.94% 1413
    Doesn't matter, won't care about NT again

3 不应该,输球不能全怪朱广沪 4.63% 365
    No, can't blame Zhu for the losses

4 说不清 0.89% 70
    Can't say for sure

15. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    well, it's obvious that he's an idiot. He puts Dong Fangzhuo in midfiled while he is only good as a striker.

By the way, how many replies were on the above survey? I am wondering if Chinese football supporters still care.

16. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    About 8000 votes.

I think this says it all about whether the fans still care:

1 应该,只有朱广沪下课国足才有希望 76.54% 6028
    Yes, only Zhu's resignation will bring hope to NT

2 无所谓,不再关心国家队 17.94% 1413
    Doesn't matter, won't care about NT again

Did he put Dong in MF in the Real SL game?

17. Blitzz Boy

Blitzz Boy Member

Apr 4, 2002
    The West Side
  18. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    From what Xfactor said, I thought he was put in mid field again.

19. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    First, I don't believe there is any real family connection between Zhu and Li Tie, thus it isn't nepotism, Referring to him as "godson" is like the stupid name "glassman" that some use around here.

You put one experienced player out there and surrond him with crap or kids (or both) and you get what you deserve. Not sure if I would play Tie zi as a starter at the AC, but on the roster Zhu brought to the US, he deserves to play, he (along with Shao) were the only ones who really showed up for the game against the US.

Zhu has got to go...I hate that it will set up an excuse for the CFA if they fail in the AC, but perhaps a coaching change can help inspire the team. It would be a shock if it happened at this point, only a month away from the tournament, but its got to be done...

20. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    You do realize that there's a connection between Zhu and Li Tie in the Jianlibao team right? Playing an out-of-form, rarely-used over-the-hill bit player from England while there are other better choices is not "nepotism" or favourism, RIGHT.

Did you really watch the US game chengb?

The only correct thing you said in this post.

21. shingkei

shingkei Member

Mar 23, 2007
    China
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    From some articles, both the national team and Li Tie played quite well, but unfortunately lose. I did not watch this match, so don't know whether it's true.

22. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    I got confused with Wang Dong. Dong Fangzhuo did play forward and he took many shots.

I listened to the game on Real Salt Lake radio. China may have played better in the sense that they were more active. They definitely took many shots. Li Tie was very also active (name was mentioned alot), but I don't know how effective he was.

23. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    I believe you are the one who mentioned that Zhu has known Li Tie since Li was only 4 years old. That relationship is de facto familial.

How can a player play for a national team when he doesn't play for his club team?

24. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    The best players of MLS can beat Chelsea, club teams have drawn Real Madrid, Rangers, Benefica and beat Celtic. What was the score for that RM game against the Dragon all stars in Beijing? 0-4?

RSL has 6 ties in 9 games and only lost 3 games, the amount of losses is second fewest in the league. They draw a lot because of their lack of scoring - so to say our B team lost to the last place team in the MLS and it is a disgrace is a HUGE sign of ignorance shown by Chinese fans. Wheres the disgrace? The collection of C league players lost to a club team in a superior soccer nation. Yea it is hard for Chinese fans to accept that FACT but face it US soccer is miles ahead of Chinese soccer.

The only disgrace is the failure to see the faultering c-league that has barely produced any real talents for the last decade! Fire the coach, disband the team, blah blah blah I want the 7k who said fire zhu how a new coach can magically win with the same set of players - are there players hes overlooking?!

25. Blitzz Boy

Blitzz Boy Member

Apr 4, 2002
    The West Side
    Last year, Real Madrid beat Real Salt Lake 2-0. Of course, Real Madrid used a lot of substitutes but they had many starters on for at least an hour or so.

My 5-year-old daughter was with me, so I did not have much of a chance to pay attention to the game. But from what I saw when I was not at the hot chocolate stand, China did not look bad at all. If anything, they did not put enough pressure on our 20-year-old goalkeeper, our 18-year-old central defender and the other substitutes on our defense.

If the reason for playing this game was to prepare China for road games in places like Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan (high altitude, artificial turf), then this game was a success. All RSL could do in the first half was send long balls down the field, which China's well-organized defense did not have too much trouble with.

RSL did not start playing well until we sent on Eskandarian and Adu. Hopefully, Eskandarian and Adu are better than Tajikistan's national team players.