U.S. Starting 11

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by mrliioadin, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Juke Box Hero

Juke Box Hero New Member

Jul 6, 2007
    In the next year or so, I'd like to see a lineup like this emerge:

-----------Altidore------------
    ----Donovan-----Dempsey-----
    ----------Feilhaber------------
    ---Edu-------------Bradley----
    Beasley----------------Cherund
    ------Boca-----Onyewu-------
    ----------Howard-------------

Clearly, what jumps out in my 11 is Beasley as left back. Converting a wing into a wingback happens all the time, and I can see this being successful b/c (a) Beas has good defensive instincts, (b) he is quicker than any of Bornstein, Spector or Pearce, and (c) he is better than all three at covering ground.

This would allow us to get Edu, Bradley & Feilhaber (who I see changing clubs & finding his form soon enough) on the field together which greatly imoproves our possession & bite in midfield.

Lastly, having Donovan and Dempsey run off of Altidore gives them both the freedom from heavy defensive responsibility and allows them both to play their best position as trailing forwards. Adu is a first attacking sub, but he will force his way into the line-up eventually.

2. Adam Zebrowski

Adam Zebrowski New Member

May 28, 1999
    -----------Altidore------------
    ----Donovan-----Dempsey-----
    ------------Adu------------
    ---Edu-------------Bradley----
    Beasley----------------Cherund
    ------Boca-----Onyewu-------
    ----------Howard-------------

i see adu in place of feilhaber..

usa with 3 dedidated attacking mids versus good wc finalists isn't going to happen....

edu or clark type with bradley is needed, particularly if you have your outside backs getting forward as much as usa wants to get them into the attack