U-20 World Cup, US Fans?

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by patfan1, Mar 3, 2007.

1. Sknow

Sknow New Member

Jun 21, 2007
    You guys were awesome (I was sitting in the same section B about 4 rows up from the Brazilians with the instruments) simply put you were the stronger supporters over the 90 (though you started before the game started) than the Brazilians despite being outnumbered. Saw the Argies up there with you guys were they holdovers members of the earlier drummers?

Anyway keep it up always good to see such strong support for the Nats and what a game to have attended!

2. jtran10

jtran10 New Member

May 8, 2006
    Is there a SA section for the round of 16 game?

3. Bigdog

Bigdog New Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Gone Fishin'
    Toronto Pregame meetup?
    The closest bar to the stadium in Toronto is called Shoeless Joes on King St. near Dufferin. VERY Important note is that there are TWO of them on King. The other one is much further East.

It is soccer friendly (The Red Patch Boys meet there), good food and beer and 5 minute walk form the stadia and go train Station. It is quite a fair walk from downtown proper so grab the trolley or a cab and head west on King.

Still need one ticket for someone in my group. please PM or email me if you can help.

4. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not many of them were holdovers from the Argy game. Maybe 6 or so. They did let us borrow one of their small drums. Either way, NY brought it for 90+, as expected.

"You Gotta Brush...
    Brazil...
    Off ya shoulder..."

5. drew_VT_6

drew_VT_6 Member

Feb 22, 2000
    Orange County, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where are you guys sitting? Are the ushers ok with moving sections? or do they give you a hard time?

6. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    Shoeless Joe's Address is 1189 King Street W (that W - West is very important) Toronto On M6K Canada.

This link probably won't work.

Trolley is very easy, 508 or 504. I just get on at King street heading west (north side of the street) and ask as I get on, "do you go to Dufferin?" they usually say, "Yes". Then, just get off when you get to Duff. It's very easy.

7. miked9

miked9 Member+

May 4, 2000
    Philadelphia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was gone up to the wilds of Wisconsin for a week after the US-Korea match, but my brothers and I had a lot of fun in Montreal, even though we ran into border traffic, inexplicable detours that caused us to miss the Brazil-Poland match, a parking ticket at Arrignon metro stop, and some poison ivy. Shame that I only got to catch our worst 1st round performance, but great just to get another cap...and it was my youngest brother's first real sam's army cap.

It was fun singing with everyone. Monty, I'm fairly certain you were in the row ahead of us, but I didn't get a chance to introduce myself. Thanks for all the ticket info along the way.

8. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wouldn't shut up for a minute and yet intensely handsome brown guy ... yep, that was me. :D

9. tab5g

tab5g Member+

May 17, 2002
    all the games in Toronto are sold-out. i'd imagine the knock-out round matches would be very well-attended.

moving sections or swapping seats might be difficult at Canada's National Soccer Stadium at Exhibition Place.

10. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [looks at newly acquired tan]

Ahem, Monty. You ain't the only brown guy in the section no more!!!

11. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very true. But I've got the handsome part down. :D

12. Pkauffma

Pkauffma Member

Feb 23, 2007
    HI
    Those guys from the NY area know how to keep it going. 90 minutes of pure Mahem, I'm glad I was up there with them representing the Midwest.

I could only imagine what it would be like if there was half a stadium full of supporters chanting for the Nats team.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh USAAAAAAAAAAA

13. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FIGHTING WORDZ!!!

EAST ASIA/SOUTH ASIA SHOWDOWN MUTHAFUGGA!!!
    :D

THAT'S HOW WE MUTHAFUGGIN' DO
    :)

14. FatCasual

FatCasual New Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Rose City
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    We are staying @ Hilton in Toronto and will met you at the PUB.
    What section are ya looking for.
    We will be behind the GOL (N-end)
    Cheers

15. stonecoldse

stonecoldse New Member

Jul 9, 2007
    Yeah, I am going to tomorrow night's in Toronto, where are the US fans getting beers before and after? We should figure something out for the good of the congregation, for a US win I know I'll buy some shots for friendly faces

16. stonecoldse

stonecoldse New Member

Jul 9, 2007
    Err... didn't see the shoeless joe's, sorry, me crew will be there as well, thanks guys!

17. keem-o-sabi

keem-o-sabi Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll see you all at Shoeless Joe's :)

18. FatCasual

FatCasual New Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Rose City
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    One suggestion for all supporters is to get a day pas , which is $8.50 and it is good for all public transportation.
    Pass can be obtained from any subway station pay booth .
    We (two of us) will be ready to meet up with rest of you around 4ish @ the Shoeless Joes .

Cheers

http://www.toronto.ca/ttc/family_pass.htm

19. CHILENOdeCORAZON

Aug 27, 2004
    Canada
    I have 2 side-by side for USA vs Uruguay tonight if anyone wants them. $50 for the pair.

20. Attack Attack Attack

May 17, 2006
    Syracuse, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    know this is kinda last second, but is anyone looking to carpool up?

21. Attack Attack Attack

May 17, 2006
    Syracuse, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    scratch that last one - anyone going to the match to the US-Austria on Sat. or have any extras? If so I'd be interested in extras and/or carpooling........

22. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    Okay, so, sanity be dammed, there will be at least 4 NYers making the treck up on Saturday to go to the quarterfinalazo. Yikes.

If anyone has a line on a section for US support, holla at your boy.

Thanks.

23. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    Has the time for the game Saturday been announced? And is there any way of getting tickets still?

Interested in maybe making the late minute drive up to Toronto.

24. BuffloSoldier

BuffloSoldier BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 31, 2000
    Northern NJ
    It's a 2:15pm start, per FIFA.

25. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We will support the boys in Toronto on Sat.