U-20 World Cup, US Fans?

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by patfan1, Mar 3, 2007.

1. CPN2004

CPN2004 Member

Mar 21, 2006
    Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I have tickets for the USA vs Brazil game in Ottawa, I am wondering if there will be any pre-game gatherings at a bar before that game somewhere in the city?

2. RSwenson

RSwenson Member

Feb 1, 2000
    good question... I can only think one game at a time...

3. jtran10

jtran10 New Member

May 8, 2006
    I also had an excellent first cap with two of my friends. Would try to be at the game tomorrow or in Ottawa if it wasn't for work. We all can't wait to go to our next match. I'm hooked.

4. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wish I could have stayed longer ... but it was fun meeting up with old friends and some new ones. Those that are going to the next couple of games, sing loud and proud for me.

5. lpowen13

lpowen13 Member

Jul 28, 2002
    NY
    If anyone got the guy from South Dakota's number and could send me a PM it would be appreciated. I was supposed to talk to him about using my apartment but got stuck for 3 hours in a parking garage on sunday with a flat tire and no service. He called me and left a message but since I had no service it didn't save the number and I feel terrible about not getting back to him. Any help would be appreciated.

6. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    The same 6 new yorkers that went to champs and left due to the gnats (the other bar, frappe (etc) isn't bad, actually), will be at the U-20 game. Likely not hitting a bar before hand, but who knows. Beers might be cheaper at Jazzfest...

And at least 3 of us will be in Ottawa too, then going home next Sunday.

Later days...

7. Heist

Heist Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone know where we can watch the US-Colombia game in Ottawa? I found names of a couple of soccer bars, but I don't have a good idea if any of them will be showing the Copa America.

8. hoboken16

hoboken16 Member

Jan 16, 2003
    Jersey City, NJ USA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He should be at the pregame at St Suplice so I will pass the message on if you don't show up

9. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    btw, anyone have a torrent of the U-20 game? We'd like to watch it.

Cheers.

10. HighburyForever

HighburyForever Red Card

Oct 15, 2006
    Wooloomooloo, New South Wales
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
  11. tippose

tippose Member

Apr 17, 2001
    Potsdam, NY
    Anyone have a ticket for Friday (vs Brazil) they'd be looking to offload?

12. rickr

rickr New Member

May 3, 2002
    San Diego
    I just arrived in Ottawa a few minutes ago and I would like to watch the USA/Col. game at a bar with some USA fans. Please post a meeting place or even better, call me on my cell at 619.322.9062.

Rick

13. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
  14. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    And, yes, I do have 1 ticket for the USA/Brazil game on Friday if anyone needs it. Shoot me a PM.

15. rickr

rickr New Member

May 3, 2002
    San Diego
    Hi Jamison

I don't know if you called me or not, but I just found out I can't check voicemail up here in Canada. Anyway, I called Heart & Crown/Irish Village and they said they will be show the game, so I will see you there.

Rick

16. DragonFly

DragonFly New Member

Dec 31, 1999
    Corey, have fun at the game and say hi to the NYC crowd for me.

Rick, try signing up for GotVoice. It'll retrieve your voicemail and send it to your email inbox (or play them back from their site). So if you're able to get online, you should have no problem with getting your saved and new voicemails, regardless of where you are.

17. dub77

dub77 New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    in denial
    If you have Verizon just call your own number then hit # and enter your password if not I can't help

18. soczoo

soczoo New Member

Jun 21, 2001
    Chattanooga, TN
    I am looking for tickets to the game too, but will be arriving in Ottawa tomorrow.

19. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    I have 3 open tickets for the game today. I'll be at will call in a US red jersey and a red jacket. I should be there from 4pm until around 4:30 or so. If you can make it, cool, if not, I'm going into the stadium at 4:30 for the Argentina game. I won't have access to the internet for the rest of the day.

Cheers.

20. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know you're not around anymore ... but sell those damn tickets. Two are mine! ;)

21. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    I found two VT fans who had not been to a US game, and brought them into Sams Army. So, I have $ 50 for you, and I'll try to send it to you as soon as I get back. I could have scalped them for about $ 120 canadian each, but, didn't want to get jacked by the cops that were swirling all over the place.

I did get some pictures. :D

Anyway, we were up top with a few Argies that were happy to root against Brazil. There were only about 25 of us, but we were up against the roof and we sung our hearts out for 90 minutes. All of us are hoarse, but it was a great time, and the team came over to pop the shirt at our direction after the game was over. We even sang to the US families (Chris Seitz's parents in particular) on their way out of the stadium.

Anyway, great trip. 9 days in Canada, 3 games, 7 points and 8 strippers. Ahem.

We did get crap from Canucks at times, but nothing we couldn't handle. Sung to 2 wannabe Canadian-Portuguese fans on the way of the stadium:

skate, skate,
    wherever you may be,
    it snows 10 months in your country
    but we don't give a ****
    and we don't give a f***
    cause Anaheim has your stanley cup.

I didn't want to have to give them Hockey smack, but they asked for it.

See you guys stateside...

22. copaantl98

copaantl98 Member

Apr 9, 2002
    You, Brent, Joe T , and Fina all got on TV several times while I was watching on ESPN. I heard some Dale USA chants on the tele. Freakin' amazing game. Damn I was oh so close to going. Damn financial issues. Glad you guys had fun!

23. Attack Attack Attack

May 17, 2006
    Syracuse, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    does anyone have any extras for the game on wed?

24. jtran10

jtran10 New Member

May 8, 2006
    I'm also looking for one or two. I can carpool from Burlington too, if that's helpful.

25. Attack Attack Attack

May 17, 2006
    Syracuse, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i'm in Rochester so I'll be going to Toronto by way of Niagra Falls, so prolly not -sorry:eek: