U-20 World Cup in Canada

Discussion in 'Poland' started by Smoga, Mar 4, 2007.

1. ajsU3C

ajsU3C New Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Warszawa, Poland
    The group looks like this:
    1. USA 4 7-2
    2. Brazil 3 3-3
    3. Poland 3 2-6
    4 Korea 1 3-4

With one more round to go, Your scenario is even mathematiclly almost impossible. In order to qualify Korea has to win with Poland, but if Poland should also go through, then USA must win with Brazil by at least 4 goals + the goal difference between Poland and Korea. Example:

Poland 0 - 1 Korea
    USA 5 - 0 Brazil

1. USA 7 13-2
    2. Korea 4 5-4
    3. Poland 3 2-7
    4 Brazil 3 3-8

The points between Pol and Bra are equal, so u count the goal difference (if US wins more then here it ends), the goal difference is the same, so you take into account the game between Poland and Brazil...

Now at the end of this too long post answer a simple question - Can USA win against Brazil with a 5 or more goal difference? NO!
    Thats why it will be Brazil, USA and either Poland or Korea.

2. Koz

Koz New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think US will tie Brazil, with Poland *wishful thinking* beating Korea. Korea looks very tough to break down though, so Poland will have their work cut out for them.

3. ajsU3C

ajsU3C New Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Warszawa, Poland
    This way Poland ends up leading the group... hmmm...

I LIKE THAT IDEA :D

4. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yea... you totally made that way too complicated :p

5. Polski

Polski New Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't see Korea play Brazil but they looked outstanding against the US. Here's to hoping our boys can get some kind of result and get us out of the group stage.

6. vagabondmd

vagabondmd Member

Feb 25, 2005
    hey guys i have a spare ticket for this i amwilling to sell at cost. let me know if your interested. the only thing is you'll have to sit beside me, a korean fan.

7. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Only hours to kick off.
    Everything on the line. Got a good feeling about this game, South Korea is going to run hard and until the 90+ minute, just have to play smart and counter attack wisely. Hopefully we got some wheels left for this game, gonna need em vs this fast an opponent.

8. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Poland up 1-0 at 45 min!!

9. ajsU3C

ajsU3C New Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Warszawa, Poland
    After a not-so-good first half by our team to say the least.

But as Kazimierz Górski said - the team that wins is the one that scores more goals. And thats what counts :D

10. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    SKorea scores in the 71st minute to make it 1-1

and we're back in third place

11. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    YES!!! we made it through barely with the help of USA

Poland 1
    Korea 1

USA 2
    Brazil 1

man... Freddy Adu is slowly starting to wear on me. i'm almost becoming a fan of his now :rolleyes:

12. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    US beats Brazil 2-1 and Poland ties SK 1-1

US wins the group with Poland second and Brazil third

Poland to play Argentina in the next round

13. Legionista

Legionista New Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Warszawa/Toronto
    myslalem ze zawalu dostane jak bialkowski wyjal ta glowke w doliczonym czasie gry :eek:

14. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    Congrats.

and, Good luck in the next round.

iwa

15. Legionista

Legionista New Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Warszawa/Toronto
    anyone want to trade two tickets to the USA match for two tickets for the Polannd match? :D

16. ForzaPolska

ForzaPolska New Member

Jul 6, 2007
    Ostrolenka
    Hurrah we have made It to Round of 16 but sucks that we have to play Argentina

17. 12th Warrior

12th Warrior Member+

May 27, 2006
    Congrats (from a Korea fan) and hope you guys pull off an upset against Argentina!

18. Polski

Polski New Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Extremely happy with the result, just hope we can do our best against Argentina.

19. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    Knocking off both Brazil and Argentina in the same event would really be something to write home about.. Good luck..Hope you do it (for our sake too).. :)

20. Koz

Koz New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I couldn't be happier about the result. Man, my two countries both made it through AND they both beat Brazil!! YES!!! :D :D

As for Argentina, meh. If we can beat Brazil, we can beat them. :p

21. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the way i look at it is AT LEAST we advanced. that is the start, because at least we have a chance to face Argentina and anything can happen. sure they could beat the sh!t out of us worse than the Americans, but atleast we can see on that given day if we have what it takes to beat them. and if we score more goals than they do, then it will be glorious. and if we don't score more, at least we had the chance to face them. it could have been worse, we only tied Korea so if the USA didn't win then we wouldn't have advanced. Korea snuck in a goal in the late second half of the match and we didn't respond so the fate of Polska lied in the hands of the Americans that destroyed us the other day. either way it is a great day for both Polska AND America

22. deyna199

deyna199 Member

Sep 6, 2005
    Vancouver
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    not exactly mate, with 4 points we would of advanced as one of the best 4 3rd place teams, even with a -4 goal differential.....

24 teams start the tournament in 6 groups, 16 move on to the 2nd round....so our fate was in our own hands....

23. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yea... but a 2nd place finish guarantees something. you did a "what if" scenario with us finishing in 3rd place. what if korea snuck in a 2nd goal and beat us? would our 3 points and goal differential look sexy then? look at brazil, they have to hope right now they get in... and they are Brazil for crying out loud. the fate is not in their hands. i do understand what you are getting at though mate :)

24. Polski

Polski New Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm very happy we got in especially as the second seed in our group of death. But I think we have to have more faith in our boys rather than just accepting defeat against Argentina. Sure they've owned this tournament the last few years but we've defeated Brazil and had a strong show against Korea. I have faith we can get a result against Argentina. Lets go guys, prove the world wrong and beat these selfish players who just want a fat European contract. (Although I'm sure most of them already have one)

25. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I really hope you guys beat Argentina. I'm tired of them winning all the U-20 World Cups. ;)