U-20 World Cup in Canada

Discussion in 'Poland' started by Smoga, Mar 4, 2007.

1. schafer

schafer Member+

Mar 12, 2004
    Congrats on the performance from your U20's tonight. I was very impressed.

2. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Wow...great job Poland. Way to start it off, keep it up!

3. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    I still cant sit down
    Wow that was an awesome performance, not every day you get to go up against Brasil and not only win, but also humble them a little in the process.

4. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Originally Posted by WhiteStar Warriors [​IMG]

OHHH canarinhos can't take the criticism POLONIA 1-0 BRAZIL

and Copa America MEXICO 2-0 BRAZIL

Brazilians response:

troll,

you want to talk about future??

you are a polaco for Cristo sakes

future?? ahahah

arbeit mach frei

5. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Heh, yeah tempers are going to be a bit sharpened on their side of things, no need to throw gas on the fire,

Basically I dont care what they think,
    Today players normally rated in big leagues at 1-2 mil euro max beat the 20 mil guys fair and square

That all i have to say on that
    Viva Polonia!!!!!

Our NT is playing well, and with this performance the juniors have shown that they have the skill and the heart to make our team even better in the future

6. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I understand having a temper but using nazi slogans thta's over the top

7. deyna199

deyna199 Member

Sep 6, 2005
    Vancouver
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    banter is alright but that is over the top......what i dont like about that is that there are Brazilians of Polish decent, :(

whatever, we played good, even with a man down we countered well till about 60 minutes into the game....then brazil started to come on more....

Poland sometimes played a little too physical but a lot of the time brazil started selling it, whatever....

in the end i have respect for all teams and fans, don't like getting into silly arguments before or after the game....just calling it fairly and getting your point across.....cheers....

8. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Well ppl who resort to those kinds of comments are small and not worth wasting time on,
    Cheer up dude we won :D

9. Polski

Polski New Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    USA's defense is looking awful right now. I know about the online webcasts I just didn't get to catch them because I worked until the last few minutes of the game. Any highlights or a video of the game anyone knows of?

10. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    by the way, I tought the Polish fans were awesome today! It seemed like all you could hearr was "Polska" and "Jeszcze Jeden!". The empty seats painted yellow looked like Brazil fans...but that was just an illusion!

11. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    There probably will be a torrent of the whole game somewhere in a day or two; a victory as big as this deserves it. I'll post the address here once I find it.

12. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    What a great game, too bad I couldnt make it out to see this one, but really great play, fan support, everything was just on today
    congratulations to the guys on making a big step for the polish youth development movement

13. batch

batch New Member

May 27, 2005
    Wigan
    Club:
    Wigan Athletic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hello folks. Congrats on the win. How did Cwkya play ? I didnt manage to see the game.

14. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
  15. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Cywka played very well until he came off at about the hour's mark, just like pretty much all of our team. His technical skill is excelent, made some Brazillians look like children in the first half. In fact all of the Polish guys that play in England: Starosta, Cywka, Fojut, Bialkowski absolutely kicekd butt today. Probably has much to do with the way they coach youth there...when will we see that level of youth coaching in Poland?

16. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Karny good to see you again!!!!

17. jpatel1508

jpatel1508 New Member

Aug 29, 2003
    Congrats Poland.
    Just here to find out a bit more information of Arsenal's 17 year goalkeeper that is in the Poland squad for the U20 WC.
    How heavily is he rated in Poland? Is he 2nd or 3rd choice goalkeeper behind Poland's number 1 throughout the tourney. I was very suprised to learn that he had been included in the squad. Perhaps if they get guaranteed qualification to the knockout round, they'll give him a chance in the last match.

18. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    wow, this is a great result!!!

my brother had better taped that game as we both were away at a family event and i don't get ESPNU, he didn't think there was gonna be a need but i insisted just in case!!!

19. deyna199

deyna199 Member

Sep 6, 2005
    Vancouver
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    i thought he played pretty well, showed some nice long range passing ability at times and some nice individual skill..... with 10 men since the 27 minute we still tried to attack, but by the 60th minute you could tell some players were really getting tired......Cywka was doing lots of running so is understandable he got subbed.....we needed fresh legs on the wing again.....

hmmm, i am not sure about him playing this tournament, i think if we give bialkowski (1st choice) a rest, tyton will get some time.....bialkowski was injured last year at the u19s when we played our qualifiers for this tourney and tyton played.....szczesny is the son of a well known goalkeeper in Poland so people know of him --> he played for the european u18 team that played against the africans.... but i dont think he is being rushed here because he is still developing...if we qualify for 2009 u20s he will most likely be first choice by then, or at least a strong candidate as of right now.....and that crop of players (1990 births) for us are actually rated higher than the u20s right now so i think he is really just along for the ride....most 3rd choice goalkeepers are like that....

20. Polski

Polski New Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fifa put up a small video of highlights. Nothing too comprehensive but its got the free kick goal and an angle or too. Wish there would be a few more angles, I'd love to see it curl from behind the ball or from the net, oh well. Here it is for anyone interested, just hit the giant play button and it should open up.

http://fifa.com/u20worldcup/matches/round=249401/match=58866/index.html

Here's an English excerpt from the Brazil coach:

"Nelson Rodrigues, Brazil coach:
    We're in a very difficult group and we knew that. We created more chances than them and our play wasn't bad, but we lacked penetration. Once we had a man advantage, we tried to use the wings more, but it didn't work. Then we tried through the middle, and that didn't work either. I can only congratulate Poland on an excellent defensive performance. In the future, we may well have to play a bit more one-touch football.

The artificial pitch had no influence on the result and nor were we nervous. Physically, we were very good during training as well. The Poles defended well and their goal was fantastic, so we have no excuses to make. My players are obviously sad but we'll use this defeat to bounce back even stronger."

Maybe its just cause I'm so used to Hugo Sanchez creating excuses and other coaches blaming the refs but that guy took the defeat the way a coach should. Major props to him.

21. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    hahah thanks buddy, the poor showing at the world cup hit me hard and our qualifying ups and downs arent helping the matter but ive been focusing more on the youth lately and its a lot better to deal with then our senior team.

For some reason this game reminded me a lot of the Ecuador game, with the free kick that we scored a little reminiscent of the one Krzynowek had but shot right into the roof..Or maybe im still hurting from the world cup hahah

But I'm very proud of our boys and as much as people like to say that England helped a lot to mold our players (which is true), we still have to remember that all of these players were in Poland for most of their lives and I think this is very positive. I'm not using this one game to show that, the youth teams, especially at this age, have been becoming more and more successful.

22. GKS Belchatow

GKS Belchatow New Member

Jun 8, 2007
    Bełchatów
    Our youngsters were playing really good. I hope that they will beat USA and South Korea too.
    Best players so far:
    -Krychowiak
    -Marciniak
    -Starosta

23. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    It was awesome to see our team face off against a powerhouse and not play afraid. We attacked em right from the start and didnt allow them any space, and we were the ones dictating the pace in the first half hour, and even after the uncalled for send off of Krol there was no panic no desparate defending. The formation held and produced several great counters. Well deserved victory. If we keep this intensity level up, we can definitely make even more noise in this tourney.

24. schafer

schafer Member+

Mar 12, 2004
    What is the name of the player who was captain yesterday? He seemed to be playing in midfield and then dropped to leftback after the sending off, and I thought he played extremely well.

25. deyna199

deyna199 Member

Sep 6, 2005
    Vancouver
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Artur Marciniak