U-20 roster

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by SoulflyTribeFC, Nov 15, 2004.

1. Squash

Squash Member

Mar 8, 2003
    He create the 1st and if you give assists on pk, he created the second. I'm not questioning his ability, and with age i believe he will only get better. You don't need to defend him for me, I think he's a great player. I question one aspect of his game, that I believe if it was different he'd be a starter in the MLS. Does that make him bad, absolutely not. In fact, I believe he will be one of our best ever, but's he so young and honestly i don't expect him to want to mix it up with men who'd love to break him in half. My comments have little to do with ability, because i don't question it. He's absolutely magical with the ball at his feet and a little space.

2. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i think hes tough for his size/age. anyone has to be at the age of 15 to be playing against men. so sure he isnt as strong as he needs to be for the mls, but for these tournaments, i have no worries about him. another strong attribute that comes in handy, especially playing with young inexperience kids(older than him, but only in biological years) is confidence.

3. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't believe the "toughness" of a 15 year old kid playing in the major leagues, is being questioned. he is where he needs to be.

4. Squash

Squash Member

Mar 8, 2003
    Agreed..on the bench and growing. Please don't misunderstand what I'm saying. i believe he's going to be great and will only get better. Open up a little and realize if he was complete already he'd be starting for DC and the mens National team. It's not a shot on him, in fact i am very impressed and believe he will noly get better and better. You read any good write ups and his strength is not with his back to the goal with pressure, it's facing people with space. i believe in time, he'll be stronger and better with his back to the goal and holding people off, it will make a huge difference in his game. Just my opinion of course.

5. JohnJohn

JohnJohn New Member

Dec 11, 2003
    Chino

I am suprised he has not pulled Robbie Rogers from California for the roster although I hear he is in Holland on a trial.