U-19 Canadian Women's National Team

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Becks7, Aug 30, 2002.

1. Becks7

Becks7 Member

Dec 6, 2000
    Hong Kong
    I must say after tonights game vs. Brazil (Semi Final)...that they play what is possibly the UGLIEST, most frustrating football I've EVER seen in my life. What exactly does Iain Bridges get paid for?

EVERY SINGLE BALL CANADA PLAYED was a long ball played to 2 lone strikers, with no support... Canada has never heard of playing an easy ball...oh wait maybe that one square ball from the keeper.

Has anybody else watched any games live, or on the tele?

2. Krammerhead

Krammerhead Guest

First off it's Ian Bridge and he's only continuing the coaching strategy that other coaches have taught these players.

Didn't matter what they did last night, those Brazilian turds were a bunch of goons and no matter what style they were going with it wasn't going to be pretty.

Canada is in the final. What are you bitching for? They can change their strategy after this tournament.

3. Becks7

Becks7 Member

Dec 6, 2000
    Hong Kong
    First paragraph...you just summed up EVERYTHING that's wrong with Canadian NT football.

2nd paragraph...i'm pretty sure if we played a build-up style of play it'd be much more effective. Brazilians are too quick, and can actually play a ball out of the back. This kick and run is no good. What good is it when your back is to the goal, and your striker can't even bring a ball down...nor with flicking a ball on when nobody is overlapping.

Why am I bitching? If Canada does well playing their ugly/uneffective football..you think Iain Bridges will be want to change his style of play?

4. Krammerhead

Krammerhead Guest

The point I was trying to make is that Ian Bridge (it's not hard to get a former national team players name right is it) hasn't had the time to implement new strategy.

Brazil looked like they couldn't really do anything but whine, cheat, and cry last night. I'll take your word that they are so tactical as they didn't show it last night.

I used the term "bitching" when I should have said complaining. Quite frankly I thought the Canadian women should not have played the long ball so much. However at times late in the game when a simple pass from outside of the 18 yard box to a player in a scoring postition always seemed to end up being passed behind the Canadian player I sometimes wonder if they actually practice passing the ball instead of booting it up the pitch constantly.

5. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm watching the final and there are 60,000 people in the stadium for an under 19 tournament in edmonton, is everyone else as stunned as I am?

6. Daniel from Montréal

Aug 4, 2000
    Montréal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Makes me dream of a real World Cup, the Big Show...

7. Becks7

Becks7 Member

Dec 6, 2000
    Hong Kong
    i was suprised with a sell out!