Tyson Nunez??

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by texgator, Dec 2, 2004.

1. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    A poster on the Rumors board at www.ussocceruk.com said they heard he was possibly headed to FCD. Anyone have any info on him? I believe he is a forward from Honduras and was last seen playing in the Mexican league for, forgive my possible misspelling, Nexaca.

2. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
    Honduran forward currently playing in Honduras. I saw him score a goal this past week while watching a recap show on GOL TV. Not sure what his current contract situation is.

He almost was a Burn a couple of years ago, but his contract was too tricky to take on as there were a couple of clubs that owned his rights (one in Uruguay and one in Italy) plus he was playing on a third club on loan at the time. I think Southlake factored in the decision as well.

3. DCFAN96

DCFAN96 Member

Apr 24, 2004
    This guy is forever linked with a move to MLS, but nothing ever happens. He was also linked to DC a season or two ago. Hes a good player, a lot of speed, he short but powerful, he'd be a very nice addition. A partnership of him and EJ would be very dangerous. Hopefully everything falls in the right place and you guys can pick him up finally, he'd be a good addition to the league.

4. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chamo is basically right, when he wanted (badley I heard) to come here two years ago his contract was owned by two teams. One of the teams wanted some crazy amount of money so it didn't happen.

I wonder if it got cleared up at all.

anyone know how old he is?

5. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
  6. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
    [Drunk Joe Namath] Strugggglinnn [/Drunk Joe Namath]

7. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How do folk think he would play next to Eddie?

He certainly isn't a slouch - is he still healthy?

Can we get two good years out of him?

8. Viking64

Viking64 Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Tarheel State
    If HE wants to give you two years, yes. I saw him play for Necaxa last season, before he was released. He was not motivated for every game for Necaxa, and it showed. Some games he was unstoppable, others he was a waste of space. Granted, I thought he was the best forward on the team, yet the coach sat him a lot. I thought it was a coaching error, considering how crappy they played that season.

This season Necaxa picked up some new players, and they are producing well. So they produced their own attitude problem and then had to cut him.

He's ok as a discovery, or maybe a YSA. But he's not a major player allocation in my book. He's Diallo, he's Nhleko, he's Simuntinkov. He's not Nowak, he's not Etcheverry, he's not Valderrama.

9. theodore

theodore Member

Nov 7, 2003
    Agreed. He would be an extremely smart pickup as a discovery. I remember his celebration in DC when Honduras embarrased the US. I don't recall his play that day, but you will probably recall his "rowing the boat" goal celebration.

He his a quick slasher if I recall. If motivation seems to be a problem, be sure to structure an incentive laden contract w/ an out clause for the team. He has an impressive resume Given the choice between Tyson and La Bala Gomez, I'd take Gomez. If Gomez is all healed up, he has a frame more suited for MLS than the minute Tyson.

If however, the option is open to pick up a guy like Ortega PLUS Tyson, now you have something to justify a drive way out to Frisco. This combination of EJ and Tyson up top, Ortega in support, ROB on the right, Valakari as central midfield defensive coverage, Milton making penetrating runs out of the back ---- Now that begins to be the type of structure that creates interest to the ticket buying public here and away.

In summary, Tyson is ok. But, as you point out, we still need a NAME for this team.

10. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Huh?

"embarrased"?

What does his celebration have to do with anything?

He was a good player on a good team - a team that won quite a few road games, iirc. Disappointing? Yes. "Embarrasing"? Please.

11. stopper4

stopper4 Member

Jan 24, 2000
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remember him making the U.S. defense look like statues. He beat Cherundolo pretty soundly for his goal, if he's the guy I'm thinking of. I also remember Reyes abusing Agoos on a overlap that lead to a Hounduran PK.

As impressive as that team was, they didn't make the world cup. This year, they got bounced out even earlier by the Chapines and the Ticos.

Does the man still have wheels?

12. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Why get a guy who is 32 and might not want to give it his all when Dallas just traded away another guy close to the same age who still wants to play day in and day out?

13. FCDallas------

FCDallas------ New Member

Oct 3, 2004
    Dallas
    this Tyson Nunez rumor seems to be an annual thing around here, with an extra SI spot I say take him if he's available, but like what was said above he's a short Toni Nhlecko

14. stopper4

stopper4 Member

Jan 24, 2000
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Presumably, the braintrust wouldn't sign him unless he was the shorter, faster, 'can actually shoot' version of Toni.