Tyler Adams at AFC Bournemouth

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by TheFalseNine, Jul 11, 2018.

1. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    I think the easy choice would have been to move from one pocket to another, if only the player would have agreed to it.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  2. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you google him you get a lot of articles w/ respect to him re-signing with RBL... not sure how serious the injury was but it was alarming enough that he had to leave the pitch and go directly to see the med staff. Seems like Adams has become the 2nd CDM behind Laimer at RBL instead of the first. He plays the position when they are presenting their dual CDM formation but moves to RB when they are more traditional. Adams needs to stay on the pitch or he may no longer be relied on to be the RB in the latter formation. RBL has other options at that position. Snake-bit seems like the term that describes the past year for him. Hopefully this was just a little road bump in his recovery from the abductor/foot situations.

3. eric_appleby

eric_appleby Member+

Jun 11, 1999
    Down East
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remember Bruce Arena hoping and praying John O’Brian was going to be match fit for WC 06. He was taking JOB to Germany if he had a pulse. We saw how that worked out. Berhalter cannot plan going forward that these guys are going to be avaiable.

Three and Three repped this.
  4. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remember that as well. Would he or wouldn’t he make the squad? He made it and made a few passes against Czech Rep that showed why the patience but he only lasted 45’.

5. eric_appleby

eric_appleby Member+

Jun 11, 1999
    Down East
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bringing injured players to a WC is a bad idea. But we do it time and again.

6. DHC1

DHC1 Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    NYC
    Because the gap between our best players and their replacement is huge - it may be worth it to roll the dice.

7. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    If we don't people will say there is a pro-MLS agenda.

majspike, onefineesq, maroonlaw and 3 others repped this.
  8. eric_appleby

eric_appleby Member+

Jun 11, 1999
    Down East
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Except it’s hard to find examples where it has been worth it. Quite the opposite. Reyna ‘94, Wynalda ‘98, JOB 06, Gooch 10, Johannson 14.

onefineesq, maroonlaw and Suyuntuy repped this.
  9. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    Reyna 2002

10. KALM

KALM Member+

Oct 6, 2006
    Boston/Providence
    #2335 KALM, Feb 23, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
    I thought about Reyna as a counter-example since I know he suffered a knock before the tournament and had to miss the opener, but I looked it up and he actually made 33 appearances in the season leading up to that World Cup (split between Rangers and Sunderland in league and cup play). I think in a situation like that, there's not a huge problem with bringing an injured player to the Cup if it seems minor enough.

Edit: But then by that same measure, Johansson was probably defensible as well, since he played plenty the prior season. Wynalda's a closer call, since he was injured for a couple months leading up to the tournament.

11. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any updates on Adams' injury?

12. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
  13. nikeboots

nikeboots Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Ohio/Oklahoma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seems like he'll probably be out this weekend but he's on his way back. The below is take from Nagelsmann's press conference this morning

Tyler Adams wants to play, but can he?
    Tyler Adams was already missing against Bremen and Tottenham, also missed the game at Schalke 04 and still misses training due to a torn muscle. His coach does not expect to return, although Adams is determined to play. "Tyler did an intensive rehab and felt nothing. But my stand was that it is excluded." The medical department still had to discuss an assignment with the player. The different views result from the fact that there is no warning at this point on the calf. "You can hardly feel anything anymore, but then it '********s' and the muscle is through again," says Nagelsmann.

https://rblive.de/spieltag/vor-bayer-04-adams-diskutiert-werner-und-poulsen-fraglich-11699

14. eliwood

eliwood Member+

Jul 25, 2016
    It does what now?

nikeboots and TimB4Last repped this.
  15. appwrangler

appwrangler Member

Barcelona
    United States
    Dec 18, 2018
    it '********s.
    I had that happen once to my ****** and it hurt like &@!#.

eliwood, Gorky, largegarlic and 2 others repped this.
  16. Bite o' the Cherry

Charlotte FC
    United States
    May 3, 2006
    Charlotte, NC, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    'es macht Fatz'
    basically onomatopoeic for rrrriiipppp.

appwrangler repped this.
  17. Woodrow

Woodrow Member+

Dec 7, 2001
    Brick City
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Yeah, Adams is so far out right now they don't even mention him in the weekly injury reports.

18. justinpaul10

justinpaul10 Member+

Sep 2, 2013
    cant tell if you are being sarcastic but if you look a couple posts above quotes from Nagelsmann would suggest that is not the case.

19. markandrew78

markandrew78 Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Looks like Tyler just signed an extension through 2025.

20. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    With his physical therapist, personal trainer and nutritionist, one would hope.

He might also want to sign a long-term deal with his hair-stylist, before rates go up.

21. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    I assume he's trading future contract/transfer leverage tomorrow for greater pay/security today. Would an extension normally give the player an 'out' if a higher-profile (i.e. wealthier) team came calling?

22. Woodrow

Woodrow Member+

Dec 7, 2001
    Brick City
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Easy there tiger. Nagelsmann was answering a direct question about a player's status, which in this context is more of a personal viewpoint. It's like he's on the DL, even if it was never announced how long Adams would be out, he also hasn't been listed as potentially available for selection. Every week, the RBL twitter feed officially lists players who are in and out working on fitness, and even Adams name has not been mentioned, he still hasn't appeared on a game day roster in a couple of weeks. Everyone knows he's injured, but Nagelsmann is the first one to say anything about it at all. And it sure doesn't sound like they have any idea what's going on. Adams is getting hurt in unexpected ways. A trip back to Austria might be in order.

23. justinpaul10

justinpaul10 Member+

Sep 2, 2013
    There was zero bite in my post, so I am not sure what you are reacting to, but internet and all that. Still, if you want my judgment of your argument, which you seem to reading into a post where it wasn’t, then yeah it really sounds like you are reaching. Simply, I don’t read his quote as saying what you are implying is said, and it seems fairly straight forward but you can interpret it however you want I guess.

24. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Winoman and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  25. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009