Tyler Adams at AFC Bournemouth

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by TheFalseNine, Jul 11, 2018.

1. frankburgers

frankburgers Member+

May 31, 2016
    Sabitzer is trash in the middle

adi21 and LuckofLichaj repped this.
  2. taylor

taylor Member+

Jun 9, 2000
    Fav team: FC CARL ZEISS JENA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Pbp anyone?

3. KALM

KALM Member+

Oct 6, 2006
    Boston/Providence
    Interesting that this lineup will have Adams and Davies squaring off all game.

4. taylor

taylor Member+

Jun 9, 2000
    Fav team: FC CARL ZEISS JENA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Anyone have a stream link for me that works in europe?

5. KALM

KALM Member+

Oct 6, 2006
    Boston/Providence
    I just made one here.

Hopefully others will participate.

Winoman and taylor repped this.
  6. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    they list him as the RWB, but I just saw him in the center of midfield above the strikers pressing.

He's going to make too many mistakes playing a right defender. It's just not his game.

7. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    don't get this either. not brisk in the tackle. doesn't move the ball well in the attack and not really controlling the tempo. wth?

LuckofLichaj repped this.
  8. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    BM pretty much doing whatever they want on the left hand side against PitBull.

9. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    Laimer is that player some coaches love to have on the pitch because they do...nothing. Terrible first touch. No attacking nuance. Terrible distribution. Not effective defender, and yet there he is. He is killing ball movement and attack over and over again.

LuckofLichaj repped this.
  10. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    I keep getting them confused Sabitz and Laimer are indistinguishable. Maybe Adams after a full off season of training can break back into the CM role

11. DMTerp02

DMTerp02 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Annapolis, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tyler trying to spring the counter on the right side, especially when Davies gets himself so far upfield. Had a couple of dangerous passes but RBL haven't quite put it together yet.

12. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Adams was all over the pitch in this game. Not sure anyone covered more ground. I thought he played quite well... should have had an unintentional assist... as Sabitzer missed a sitter... but he was gassed at the end and got beat twice in stoppage time. Not an easy task having to get forward AND cover Davies. The speed the Canadian showed at the top of the game was ridiculous... but he gassed out a bit too. Overall, I would give him a solid B against a very tough opponent.

Gacm32, Woodrow, justinpaul10 and 3 others repped this.
  13. markandrew78

markandrew78 Member

Jun 10, 2007
    I basically said the same thing in the pbp thread. Be curious to see the total distance he covered.

14. frankburgers

frankburgers Member+

May 31, 2016
    Sabitzer is bad in the middle. I’ve said it before. It’s comical how naglesman still plays him there. He is invisible in this position.

Tyler is very good at rb . Tyler is fantastic in the middle. Let’s figure this out, Julian.

15. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Well, that was one of the best 0-0 games I've seen in a while. Lots of fun. Adams contribution restricted mostly to defensive tracking and the press. Did fine.

Really entertaining scoreless tie.

Woodrow, mace, appwrangler and 7 others repped this.
  16. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    I want so bad to see RBL win but losing last week doomed them in my eyes. They are going to have to hope bayern lose to lower level talent now and I dont see it happening

17. bct81

bct81 Member+

multiple (DC United, Dortmund, Arsenal, Leeds....)
    United States
    Mar 17, 2007
    moving around the US every few years ....
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    two big points from this game:
    1. BL - good to see Leipzig slugging it out in Munich against the perennial favorites .. good for them.
    2. US MNT - TA got to play the entire match against Davies - and that is good for the US since Adams will know Davies even better and what to expect.

18. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Although we now know where TA will play when we play Canada...

19. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    I would say he was solid in middle.

20. neems

neems Member+

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Apr 14, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I disagree that he played well. He was caught out of position multiple times. He had some good tackles here and there. A few good moments on the right channel, but it’s abundantly clear he is not a RB or RWB.

When he did drift centrally it sort of canceled the effectiveness of himself, Sabitzer, and Laimer. None of those three really stood out and the central defense basically had to rescue them with great cover play.

I think this comes down to Naglesmann though. Not anything particularly wrong with Adams, it’s just not nearly the position where he can impact the game like CM.

EruditeHobo and striker repped this.
  21. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    That sounds like a variation on the familiar coach's conclusion, "I coached great, but boy did they play bad!"

22. largegarlic

largegarlic Member+

Jul 2, 2007
    I had to leave around the 75th minute, so I didn't see the end, but I thought Adams was fine in what I saw. I didn't think he was terribly good with his passing, but he was all over the place offensively and defensively pressuring, causing turnovers, making tackles, etc. It'd be nice to see him be a little tidier and productive on the ball, but he was definitely a net plus out there for Leipzig.

23. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Managing a tie at Bayern's lair when they are in kill-mode is not an easy task.

Adams was adequate at RWB, better in the middle, IMO. Can't expect the midfield to shine when facing Bayern in the Allianz, though.

24. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Adams is better at a pressing/team defense style of game. If he were born in Spain he would be playing for Barcelona. Hard to criticize Nagelsman when he gets the clean sheet @ Bayern

25. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    adams role today is well suited to his insane endurance but i wonder if anyone could ever look mistake free playing bayern when expected to be basically everywhere on the right always and with davies opposite you.