Tyler Adams at AFC Bournemouth

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by TheFalseNine, Jul 11, 2018.

1. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    At this point, I'd settle for a

upload_2019-12-1_8-45-18.jpeg
    or two.

freisland, Sam Hamwich, Gorky and 2 others repped this.
  2. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Lyon or lyin' - who knows at this point?

3. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
  4. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup. At this point so much of the USMNT weekly performance metrics are too tied up in too few players... namely, Pulisic, Weston, Dest, Brooks, Yedlin, Morales/Steffan and Sargent.... and the latter isn't getting regular starts right now. Adding a potential super-star like Adams back to the mix would greatly improve my weekends. I subscribe to ESPN+, Fox Soccer Match Pass and NBC Gold... between those there is a ton to watch.... but I would always rather watch a game w/ a USMNT player in it and while it has been pretty good this season, it could be a lot better. I really hope that another player or three comes over in the transfer window and plays in the EPL/Bundesliga during the 2nd half. USMNT players are really underrepresented in the EPL in particular.

At any rate... Adams has my very best wishes because he was my favorite USMNT player to watch last season... he was down-right fan-friggin-tastic.

5. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's actually a pretty significant group of players. Three years ago and the field was much worse.

That being said I love watching RBL and can't wait for him to return. Schalke and Werder games are generally a bore but RBL games are awesome.

frankburgers repped this.
  6. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Werder games are ridiculously entertaining when you get into them because they have some skillful players but you never know what the result will be. They were Pokal finalists last year. Schalke is somewhat better this year so the entertainment factor is increasing - credit Wagner. They were frustratingly boring to watch going into decline last year.

The problem with EPL teams is that they are drowning in too much money and play like spoiled brats.

7. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After watching BVB for the past few years both Schalke and Werder seem tame by comparison. RBL is on the top level.

Not sure why you are slagging on the EPL. It has nothing to do with this thread. But I for one am capable of enjoying both the EPL and the Bundesliga.

truefan420 and largegarlic repped this.
  8. taylor

taylor Member+

Jun 9, 2000
    Fav team: FC CARL ZEISS JENA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I am so jaded that i expect all of our u23 starlets to become Walking dead extras to cover their medical bills.

mschofield, orcrist and ArsenalMetro repped this.
  9. orcrist

orcrist Member+

Jun 11, 2005
    Bay Area, California, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    *Every* time I see Pulisic get fouled and even slightly wince I hold my breath.

USSoccerNova and largegarlic repped this.
  10. NGV

NGV Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Sheesh, you youngsters. Back when I joined Bigsoccer, following American players abroad involved trying to guess how well Frankie Hejduk had played from two sentences of a German language news article.

[/grumpy old man]

11. wrench

wrench Member+

May 12, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

I feel ya! With my first computer, pre-crash, I used to follow Wynalda and Harkes on BS. But true, it was slim pickings . I love the fact that we have this many players there and getting time. And being significant parts of teams in Europe.

Also, McB, Kirovski and Lalas!!

12. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am almost 45 years old... Does that make me a youngster? I sure hope so.

At any rate, I know that the current landscape for USMNT players in Europe is better than it has ever been... but I am a glutton and will not be satisfied until we have enough players starting on the regular in top-flight Europe to field an entire team.

mace and ChicagoVT repped this.
  13. kruck

kruck Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    I wouldn't say that. 2008 - 2012 time frame was much better and deeper.

taylor repped this.
  14. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Perhaps from a current starters perspective... but not from a youth view. The number of U20 future USMNT hopefuls playing in Europe right now is pretty darn impressive. Of course, they still need to break thru with their 1st teams but I have to assume 2 or 3 years from now we are talking about 14 or 15 candidates starting in top-flight Europe rather than 7 or 8. <crossing-fingers>

15. wrench

wrench Member+

May 12, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I am very happy with the numbers right now. Of course , not every guy will pan out. If anything, we will have more Americans in MLS. I will be ecstatic when we have 3 or 4 viable guys at each position and a coach that knows how to use them effectively . That may be the hardest part of this whole thing. Btw, I still think there is a kid kicking a ball down the street that will become the greatest Yank of all time. I'm just a glass half full kinda fan.

16. Bite o' the Cherry

Charlotte FC
    United States
    May 3, 2006
    Charlotte, NC, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    from rblive.de and Nagelsmann press conference:

Tyler Adams dürfte nach langer Verletzung für das Spiel trotz Einstieg in das Mannschaftstraining noch keine Option sein.

After a long injury, Tyler Adams probably is still no option for the game despite coming back into team training.

17. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah... the Tyler Adams Google results were silent for a while but now there are just multiple reports saying the same thing: He is back in Team Training:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019...raining-rb-leipzig-after-extended-injury-woes

https://www.starsandstripesfc.com/2019/12/3/20993815/tyler-adams-returns-to-rb-leipzig-training

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bunde...rst-team-training-after-injury-usa-usmnt-8477

A couple of these articles speculate a bit and the assessment is that he will likely not be back soon. I am guessing he doesn't make an appearance until after the winter break.

Tom Collingsworth and Winoman repped this.
  18. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At this point, why even try to get him on the field before the break? I know we're all anxious to see him play, but they really should just keep him training with the team and continuing whatever he's been doing for recovery until the season starts up again next year.

19. Woodrow

Woodrow Member+

Dec 7, 2001
    Brick City
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    In fact, isn't that kinda how he got the long lay-off in the first place?

20. matabala

matabala Member+

Sep 25, 2002
    Time for a reality check...Adams has a "chronic" adductor issue. Modern medicine is remarkable but the human anatomy wins every time.

jnielsen repped this.
  21. Bite o' the Cherry

Charlotte FC
    United States
    May 3, 2006
    Charlotte, NC, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ich danke Ihnen für Ihre Weisheit, Herr Doktor Matabala.

22. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Google translate rules. Rep.

23. matabala

matabala Member+

Sep 25, 2002
    Weiyouarewelcome :)

24. mace

mace Member+

Indy 11
    United States
    Jun 5, 2004
    USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really do regret ever using that word!

Der beste Doktor im Hause ist doch Herr Suyuntuy! Er hat es doch genau gewusst, dass Tyler noch nicht Heil war als er in Mai 2019 eingestetzt war.

glutton4Bolts repped this.
  25. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is this true, or some retarded hot take?