Tyler Adams at AFC Bournemouth

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by TheFalseNine, Jul 11, 2018.

1. gomichigan24

gomichigan24 Member+

Jul 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I also don't want to see Adams there as he should be at least be able to go to a team that's in Europe somewhere.

The biggest issue is that outside of the EPL right now, alot of teams in the top 5 leagues can't compete financially with the EPL. There was always a financial disparity but COVID has only exacerbated it. Right now teams in the bottom half of the EPL can compete financial with most Champions League teams in other top 5 leagues.

I'd much rather Adams go to Seville than Leeds, but Leeds is going to be much more able to meet his asking price.

2. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Adams needs a coach who appreciates his defensive strengths while allowing for his offensive weaknesses. He's a specialty type of player. For this reason, I prefer Leeds and Jessie, who ostensibly knows him well, although I agree it would be fun to see him at Sevilla (assuming he played).

3. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A lot of us spent time watching Josh Sargent and Norwich this year and they were just as bad as Werder Bremen the year before.

You’re point is much better than person I was responding to about how it is more prestigious to get smashed by most teams in your league and hope to stay up in the best league versus fighting for minutes for a bundesliga contender and CL knockout team.

4. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thanks to the Chicago Boys England & USA have made it a virtue to over-value everything to a ridiculous point.

5. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Claims Tyler Adams to Leeds was virtually a done deal for 14 million Euros, but it's being held up over a past dispute between the clubs.

https://itscalledsoccer.substack.com/p/tyler-adams-14m-transfer-to-leeds

I wouldn't be overly bothered if this was true and was creating a snafu, because Marsch is hitching a ride to an excessive amount of wagons just because they came from out west or he rode w/ them before. I thought his over-affinity for Adams w/ Leipzig thru struggles was one of the reasons for his undoing. They ought to have independent futures.

6. Dizi

Dizi Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Club:
    DC United
    i'd rather adams go elsewhere but are there a ton of offers for him anymore?
    also, it's hard to stop american players from going when a ton of em dream of playing in england

i kinda hate it but it's their life

7. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Wow, 14 million? That'd put it on a top 5/6 Yank transfers right?

8. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

Pulisic, Aaronson, Dest, McKennie, Brooks, Pepi, Adams

9. derek750

derek750 Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The article actually says £14m which is a little over $16m Euros.

10. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    $14 million would be a pretty good deal for Adams IMO. I think his style of play is perfect for the EPL.... and we know he fits Jesse's system to a tee.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  11. golazo68

golazo68 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 21, 2004
    Brazil
    Sorry but Adams worth more than Aaronson in my book. He’s brought good results at a much higher level.

14 million pounds is a really good price for Leeds for Adams, possibly a steal. IMO, Aaronson went for too much and he still may prove to be worth a lot more but it’s an overpay IMO

12. USA-Zebuel

USA-Zebuel Member+

Mar 26, 2013
    Club:
    Colón de Santa Fe
    @Suyuntuy. Better get a bigger yank relegation tracking spreadsheet!

Here is to eating crow I hope.

13. USA-Zebuel

USA-Zebuel Member+

Mar 26, 2013
    Club:
    Colón de Santa Fe
    Leeding moths to a flame. Adams, Aaron, and Jessie at LUFC.

Tyler Marsching to Elland Road. Adams at LUFC

Marsching on Together. Tyler et al at LUFC

14. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Transfermarkt values have Aaronson about $9 million higher. Younger, no injury history, and an attacking rather than defensive midfielder will get you there.

I agree that Leeds overpaid for Aaronson, but no one would pay more than $20 million for Adams at this point.

Dizi, Dervos and Jazzy Altidore repped this.
  15. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Relegation contenders generally have to overpay somewhat to attract and sign players that might have other options.

russ repped this.
  16. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    In wages and signing bonuses, sure, but Leeds being a relegation candidate doesn't affect the transfer fee.

17. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    The pay is based on projections. Aaronson at $50M wouldn't be surprising at some point. Adams is coming down, he might never get to $20M.

18. felloveranddidanadu

Plymouth Argyle FC
    Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Frogs
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh god, it's this one for me. BUT, if they're using the Kalvin Phillips money on Adams and another 1/2 *good* pickups, I think they're in a good spot. If Raphina stays and Aaronson's game translates to the EPL, they're safe.

USA-Zebuel repped this.
  19. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Raphinha deal agreed apparently.

jnielsen repped this.
  20. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. KALM

KALM Member+

Oct 6, 2006
    Boston/Providence
  22. rgli13

rgli13 Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    based on rumors everton seems to be leaning hard into mid-level players. historically its a good landing spot im just a little curious what they are gonna look like after their moves. if they move out allan and doucoure there should be minutes but it feels a little like leeds in that moving richarlison and those guys is a big hit. its hard to say how good/talented a team tyler would be heading into.

usnroach repped this.
  23. ChambersWI

ChambersWI Member+

Nov 10, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    They are in trouble due to FFP which is why last year they didn't spend much at all and relied on loans. Plus you have their new stadium project starting and another potential takeover.

They've signed James Tarkowski on a free and are rumored to be bringing I'm Jesse Lingard as well... any buys they make are likely gonna be financed by the Richarlison sale... but there seems to be some optimism from Everton fans.

They do seen to like the idea of Tyler Adams... more so because they are heavily linked with Harry Winks and they want nothing to do with him, but still optimism is optimism.

And I do think Everton is a solid place for Tyler. The sporting director comes from the Red Bull Family and while their (current) owner is a meddler, the general consensus among everybody involved with Everton seems to be they need to get more grown ups in the locker room.

24. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Guess we know two of the three relegated clubs next season.

I keed, I keed. Don't get mad.