Tyler Adams at AFC Bournemouth

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by TheFalseNine, Jul 11, 2018.

1. SamsArmySam

SamsArmySam Member+

Apr 13, 2001
    Minneapolis, MN
    Arsenal where he already identifies with the club as a fan, stay at Leipzig where he has a strong fit with the club and the system, or maybe go to a bigger club in Italy where positional discipline in midfield is a top focus area.

But I'm just a fan spitballing.

USA-Zebuel and usnroach repped this.
  2. rkane1226

rkane1226 Member+

Apr 9, 2000
    Club:
    Stade Brestois 29
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Out of now-where - How about Marseille?

They qualified directly for CL, I think they’ll be trying to build a team to be competitive in that. OM gets plenty of tough games in L1 due to their history. Not the top league but a possibility of good competition and good playing time, 6 CL matches, 2 PSG derbys, Monaco, Nice, Lyon, Rennes tough too…. While OM fans are tough, I don’t know that they are English Fan levels of anti-American. American owner to boot.

Of course, I don’t know that OM would think they need/want him. And Konrad might share a different opinion of how easy it is for Americans in la cité Phocéenne…

Ducks because it will be called a step backward…. but England is a tough place for an American football player to get an unbiased, fair shake across fans, press, and coaches.

3. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Marseille is under a transfer ban.

YankatOxford and gomichigan24 repped this.
  4. golazo68

golazo68 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 21, 2004
    Brazil
    Adams should hold out for 2 things: (1) Club that consistently plays in Europe and (2) Club that is buying him with a specific idea in mind, and sees him as a starter.

My final caveat (3) Must be major league has at least one exception- for example, I wouldn’t mind seeing Adams on Ajax, because he probably could develop better his offensive skills and it is a ‘shop window’ club for every top club in the world. So- he would not lose access to play on one of the world’s best clubs.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  5. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    I think they're pretty forgiving to American Football players. Zach Wilson has the #1 selling jersey in the UK after a mediocre rookie season for the Jets - that's a fair shake.

neems, gjackson2207, Dander and 4 others repped this.
  6. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    I kinda wonder how Adam's would further develop in a league like Serie A or La Liga though so few of our midfielders have gone to either that you just know he's off to the Premier League soon.

7. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Franck Kessie is leaving Milan to go to Barca, so a spot next to Sandro Tonali will be up for grabs. He would have to fight Ismail Bennacer and Krunic for the spot and I like his chances against Krunic and Bennacer is more of a passer and less of a defensive holding mid like TA. Additionally, he could work for Mourinho at Roma. I hear they are looking for a 6, but no CL right away and no guarantee they will break into the top 4 next year either.

8. nthemsum

nthemsum Member

Jan 14, 2006
    boise,id
    I can’t read what Tedesco thinks of Adams. Adams impressed in a number of short stints after he seemed to get his fitness back. Especially versus both Rangers and Leverkausen. Then he seemed to find himself back on the bench for the final stretch. Someone said his passing was too negative for Tedesco but in that second leg versus Rangers in Ibrox Adams was just the kind of player RB Leipzig needed. Kampl was caught playing forward too often and Rangers exploited the space. For Adams to thrive at RBL, he needs to play whatever way Tedesco wants him too. It might help him improve offensively. It’s not like Tedesco dislikes The way Adams plays he’s just a German system orientated coach and Adams doesn’t fit that system. He can adapt though and I think Tedesco will continue to develop Adams if he stays.

9. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It’s been seldom that two yanks fit a club like a glove the way Adams and Aaronson do, not they’d make a big difference at elland road for sure

LouisianaViking07/09 and Mt Stone@ repped this.
  10. rkane1226

rkane1226 Member+

Apr 9, 2000
    Club:
    Stade Brestois 29
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not using appeal process and other techniques to get another Window?

11. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Manuel Veth on the Total Soccer Show claimed that RB Leipzig will not sell Laimer and Nkunku since they made the Champions League.

12. gomichigan24

gomichigan24 Member+

Jul 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think they'll sell Nkunku, but Laimer only has a year left on his contract so it's either sell him or let him walk for free next summer.

13. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I mean,they could try to re-sign him..

14. gomichigan24

gomichigan24 Member+

Jul 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think they're trying, I just don't think he wants to.

usnroach and russ repped this.
  15. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it is time for Tyler to move on from the RB organization.... whether Laimer re-signs or not. Adams played quite well down the stretch... particularly the MOTM performance against Rangers in the 1st leg and how does Tedesco reward him?... He sits him despite Laimer and Kampl underwhelming leading up to the 2nd leg game and in said game itself. I think that is a pretty significant indicator of how the coach rates him. Furthermore, Adams rarely gets to play the single 6 at RBL and that is position that maximizes his skills. I am hoping he goes to a team that:

1) runs a formation with a single 6 (e.g. 4-3-3 or 3-5-2)
    2) views Adams as an upgrade at the DM position
    3) consistently in or near European Competition

I have not watched a ton of Atletico games but I think Adams could do quite well in their 3-5-2 formation. He could share minutes with Kondogbia. Anyone out there an Atletico fan? transfermarkt states that Kondogbia's value is roughly half of what it was in May of 2018. The 29 year old had a maximum market value of 33 million and it is down to 16.5 now.

16. ChambersWI

ChambersWI Member+

Nov 10, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    The paper Leeds Live just confirmed that Jesse has given the green light to go ahead with a bid for Tyler

I think of players that would fit thr Atleti system Wes (who has been linked to a move there) fits more. Almost feel like they'd move Tyler to RWB full time.

I keep going back to Everton as a destination that just makes sense for Tyler

neems and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  17. USA-Zebuel

USA-Zebuel Member+

Mar 26, 2013
    Club:
    Colón de Santa Fe
    What is the rationale with bottom half at risk for relegation teams and Adams? He is a better player, IMO, than this.

neems and usnroach repped this.
  18. KALM

KALM Member+

Oct 6, 2006
    Boston/Providence
    Link?

All I'm seeing is this article, which appears to be based entirely off this speculative Tom Bogert tweet:

19. ChambersWI

ChambersWI Member+

Nov 10, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I think he fits what Everton wants to do and I honestly don't think Everton is nearly as bad as they were most of the season. I think Rafa was an awful choice for a variety of reasons and I also think Adams covers a lot of issues they had.

And is Adams a better player? He has the potential to be yes. But he's coming off of a rather lackluster year for him where he probably isn't going to get many big offers

20. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do we want Adams coached by Lampard?

21. jnielsen

jnielsen Member+

May 12, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Lampard was an attacking midfielder, so that's a plus. However, I've yet to see much evidence that Lampard can coach a team

22. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    If Adams went to Everton, he'd be coached by Lampard for a season at most.

With a few notable exceptions, the current manager shouldn't really be a consideration for a player looking to move. There's too much turnover in those roles for it to matter all that often.

superdave repped this.
  23. ChambersWI

ChambersWI Member+

Nov 10, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I think with what Lampard wants to do going forward a player like Tyler would cover enough ground to make that possible

Gorky repped this.
  24. felloveranddidanadu

Plymouth Argyle FC
    Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Frogs
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh please don't join the existential dumpster fire that is Everton

25. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010