Tyler Adams at AFC Bournemouth

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by TheFalseNine, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Nastrabrahmus

Nastrabrahmus Member+

Mar 29, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Well I was never expecting a win, but also wasn’t expecting Tyler to be the official momentum killer with a dumb play. Bummer. Yes the whole team kind of switched off after, but that was the key moment.

2. Cubanlix63

Cubanlix63 Member+

AFC Ajax
    Feb 19, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Was watching Ajax/Dortmund. Whoscored gave him an error leading to a goal. What happened?

3. Nastrabrahmus

Nastrabrahmus Member+

Mar 29, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Just held it too long on left flank of his own half, pressure was applied and his errant attempt at a back pass turned into a PSG goal.

4. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    The Culture PSG fans keep calling Marsch "Ted Lasso."

Adams caused a reconciliation of the PSG fans with Messi. Many doubted him. Now, the "défenseur qui fait la grosse erreur" (they don't know Tyler's name) is candidate to MOTM for PSG.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  5. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Messi will know who to send a Xmas card!

6. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    If the team switched off at 2-2, not sure that’s Tyler’s fault. I thought the first pk call was a little harsh but can see why it was called.

Marsch may be in over his head.

7. grandinquisitor28

Feb 11, 2002
    Nevada
    Or they sold off their top talent, the guy(s) they brought in haven't moved the needle and he can't figure out how to turn them around. Depressing.

adam tash and felloveranddidanadu repped this.
  8. kruck

kruck Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    PSG is one of the best teams in the world and just added Lionel Messi... I mean... some context.

RBL isn't in their class.

9. felloveranddidanadu

Plymouth Argyle FC
    Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Frogs
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the old world, Jesse would be given a season to take his lumps, a season to right the ship, and a season to prove what he can do. Their top guys would've stayed for another year or two each, as the Bayern hoover machine wasn't sucking up everyone else's stars at quite the same clip. Sadly, this is the new world and Jesse is figuring out that his Volkswagon comes with heated seats.

largegarlic repped this.
  10. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    A back pass that was a perfect lead pass to Mbappe to dribble right at the defense, with the GOAT trailing the break. An errant backpass in the extreme.

glutton4Bolts repped this.
  11. SCBozeman

SCBozeman Member

Jun 3, 2001
    St. Louis
    To me, it looked more like Adams was caught dawdling and turning away from the play, and the PSG player (Hakimi?) tackled it off him or through him right to Mbappe. Perhaps it's a distinction without a difference, but I did not see the "back pass" to Mbappe, which set up the goal. But it wasn't as bad a play as, say, the defensive error leading to Sargent's opportunity against Brighton-Hove.

It brought to my mind Claudio Reyna's infamous play against Ghana in 2006. It did not look good.

12. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was a terrible play from Adams. I think he was being brought down a little on the play but you have to have situational awareness there. Just kick it out of bounds if you have to and let your D regroup. That was the other thing on that play... where were the CBs? Why were they so far upfield? But overall that travesty was on Adams. RBL had the lead and the momentum and everything changed on that play. I am the biggest Adams homer around... I think he is a fantastic player... but that was a very big mistake.

13. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    He came in and they went up 3-1 right away.

15. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
  16. Fat&Old

Fat&Old Member

Whoever americans play for
    United States
    Aug 19, 2021
    FotMob gave him MOTM and an 8.9 rating. Didn't get to watch but sounds like a good match for him.

17. Nastrabrahmus

Nastrabrahmus Member+

Mar 29, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    On the bench. Glad he showed well against a lower division side earlier In the week, but looks like there’s still some work to do in order to get back into Jesse’s preferred XI since that oopsie against PSG.

18. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good chance to make up for his previous performance against PSG

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  20. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I guess it is the 352 with
    ----------------nkuku----silva
    --------------------forsberg--
    ---angelino---laimer--adams--mukiele
    --------gvardol--orban--simakan-
    -------------- gk-:gulacsi

Kampfl and Haidara in reserve will likely get minutes in 2nd half along with Poulsen and Szlobo. I wish Laimer were back in top form but I guess the only way to get there is by playing. He's a tad more defensive minded than Kampfl.

I see he is going with 3 in the back and pushing Angelino into the offensive game on the left.
    It's not easy to select which way to go with their roster because there are many with equal talent. One could start Haidara instead of Forsberg, defend first then bring Forsberg on early in 2nd half. It is PSG after all and somebody has to watch out for neymar and messi and mbappe:D

Anyway, looking forward to this one.

21. Eldinter

Eldinter Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't get why Szaboszlai doesn't start a game like this. Can be a match winner on his day.

22. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stupid yellow card and his foot leaves 2nd goal scorer on-sides. The season is not going well for Jesse and it is starting to look worse for Adams... who I thought started the season well... but has made some big mistakes lately.

23. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    He did today and he was his usual slob. Great potential but man does he "fluff his lines" as they say. They need to ride him in practice to get him playing like a man. He's like a teenager out there.

But, yeah, I liked the lineup today with Nkuku, Poulsen and Szaboslai and two dmids behind in Adams and Haidara. It was pretty potent and pushed Dortmund back consistently. Fantastic game in case any of you missed it.