Tyler Adams at AFC Bournemouth

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by TheFalseNine, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope it helps him to have a good midfield partner.

2. rgli13

rgli13 Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    he is starting every match at d-mid, so pretty freaking terrific for him (in a vacuum).

in jan when clark shows up and they buy aaronson next season, inverting that triangle, jesse is gonna be well on his way to giving berhalter a nice boost while prepping his own '26 world cup team :cool:

3. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    Ohhh damn.....since when did Marsch became RBL manager? Great for him. If things go right, we may see the first American manager in the Europa/CL.

NVM: RBL is in the CL....WOW!!!!!

4. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    And Wolfsburg will win the league.

Let's revisit this if RBL is at the bottom half of the table when December rolls around.

5. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Great signing for RBL. I think Ilaix's ceiling is one of the best midfielders in the world from seeing a handful of games.. Hopefully, he fits together with Adams nicely instead of eating Adams' minutes. He does play more offensively than Tyler.

6. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    Marsch has already been in champions league group stage with RBS.

7. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    You're right.

8. slacker

slacker Member

Nov 20, 2001
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not to be rude about it, but what is it with BigSoccer obsession to always want our young talents to get to biggest club possible? I have to politely dissent that he Adams is surely destined for such greatness, and Julian Nagelsmann just somehow couldn't see it (because Nagelsmann is so poor in his player evaluation that Bayern paid a transfer fee to get him, at age 34?!?).

Let's see Adams establish himself as an indispensable part of the midfield for RB Leipzig - a reliably top 4 side in the Bundesliga - and maybe even become Captain for them, as opposed to being a rotational starter who sometimes plays Right Back, which he was last season. Wouldn't that be good enough?

Then after a couple of seasons doing that, it might possibly make sense to target a move to a super club. But only if he'd really play! Pulisic at Chelsea is exciting, but he's in a constant battle for playing time.

I'm really excited for Adams to be playing again for Marsch, who sees him as a Central Mid. And I do hope RB sticks with Marsch through some inevitable uos and downs this year, given the talent they just sold, and the ridiculous CL draw!

9. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

I still remember the good old days where quite a few yanks made a career out of their time at Fulham.

Deuce, Boca, McBride, etc.

Nothing wrong with playing at a mid table club in a top league. Much better than sitting on the bench at Barca, Bayern, etc.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  10. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    youre not being rude.

a few key data points stick out to me.

1. adams was amongst the very highest rated players in all of the bundesliga in his first season. even more impressive he came straight from new york and instantly was an IMPACT player in the Bundesliga for one of its best teams as a very young player. if that doesnt indicate that he could also end up doing that at a top club, i dont know what does. there is almost an adjustment period from MLS to a top euro league...for instance, almiron took a LONG time to adapt to the EPL. that tyler didnt need one at all is very telling in my opinion.

2. nagelsmann and every coach have their preferences. how many players have left chelsea or other top teams after not being in the plans and then made those teams look stupid for letting that player go? A LOT it happens a hell of a lot of times. just because nagelsmann, for example, didnt include adams as heavily as his first or 3rd coach for leipzig - doesnt mean I am necesarily bashing nagelsmann - but I am curving those who think that nagelsmann not rating or including adams as much as possible says ANYTHING about tyler's level or potential level. I would make the exact same argument about pulisic and tuchel.

3. tyler has already scored one of the biggest goals in nyleipzig history in the champions league qf or to get them there (cant remember precisely). He is already well established in that team.

4. i get it about wanting every single player at a top club. i dont like how players who arent at one are dismissed by most posters/fans on twitter etc, expecially in terms of usmnt relevance. But this player is different. He is special and if he doesnt end up on a top 5 team in the world, I will be very surprised. I totally agree with you in general, though, that not every player should jump at the highest club they can get to sign them...for instance, I didnt like epb going to man city or miazga (if they werent going to be in the plans...rellay dont like that route, personally)

5. I remember when mckennie went to juve and everyone thought it was too high for him and he wouldnt play LOL.....I was one that thought it was a great move at the time. I think a lot of people put these mega clubs on a pedestal in a way.....and the reality is that if our players had more of a chance with these clubs they would be able to swim with them and not sink....you are seeing it a lot now (FINALLY)....so why not more??? Ive thought for a long time now following yanks abroad that these american players just need a chance...and the recent results now that they are flloding top 5 leagues vindicates my feelings, personally.

11. rgli13

rgli13 Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    game winner in the quarter putting them through to the semi :thumbsup:

theboogeyman and adam tash repped this.
  12. randomnoise

randomnoise Member

United States
    Mar 26, 2017
    Having starting field players on top European teams shows how much the US development process has improved, and demonstrates how these teams evaluate and value the talent being produced now. It's not the be-all-end-all, but it's an obvious measuring stick for our progress in that regard.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  13. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

14. gomichigan24

gomichigan24 Member+

Jul 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good profile of Adams in the Athletic https://theathletic.com/2799643/2021/08/31/usmnt-tyler-adams-rb-leipzig/

Says the only teams he’d leave Leipzig for is the top 4 in England (by which I assume he means Man City, Chelsea, Man U, and Liverpool), the top 2 in Spain (presumably Barcelona and Madrid), and “1 or 2” teams in Italy (Juventus I guess?).

Winoman and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  15. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not Bayern?

16. randomnoise

randomnoise Member

United States
    Mar 26, 2017
    Apparently not:

(From the above mentioned Athletic article)

"Tyler Adams isn’t an interrupter. For all of the disrupting the U.S. men’s national team and RB Leipzig midfielder does on the field, he’s an attentive listener and engaging speaker off it, the sort of person who makes you feel like your conversation truly matters to him, even if you’ve only just met. He certainly isn’t the type to make a habit of cutting other people off mid-sentence.

Sometimes, though, he just can’t quite hold back.

“Before you even finish, I know exactly what you’re gonna say,” he says shortly after the start of a question about the challenge Leipzig faces in trying to take down Bayern Munich, the club that poached wunderkind head coach Julian Nagelsmann, star center back Dayot Upamecano and veteran midfielder Marcel Sabitzer from Leipzig this summer. “I know you don’t know me personally, but most people who do know just how competitive I am. And nothing — nothing — gets me more angry than the fact that all the German clubs just sell to them. Like, I can’t. I can’t. It boggles my mind, man.”

17. Sufjan Guzan

Sufjan Guzan Member+

Feb 13, 2016

Yeah and it makes sense in the context of how foreign players use the league. You generally see the players who come back in their mid to late 20s after failed stints/got replaced at the clubs that Adams is talking about.

It's only the Germans who seem to stay and they play for Bayern when they do.

18. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By the way, he's captain tonight.

ChicagoVT and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  19. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As expected... Adams on the bench after being the iron-man for the USMNT in this last window. Hoping he gets some sub time when the game is still in reach. Tough start to the season for RBL.

21. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    he was fantastic for the USMNT! Our N'Golo Kante!

ChicagoVT and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  22. oscar_in_fw

oscar_in_fw Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Kansas City
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Marsch probably not happy Adams played every minute for the USMNT. Hopefully he will start against Man City.

23. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    and get critical minutes today. He seems like a very careful guy, probably keeps his fitness as high as possible

24. YankatOxford

YankatOxford Member+

Oct 15, 2007
    #4324 YankatOxford, Sep 11, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
    RBL started the season with a series of tough opponents (Wolfsburg, Bayern, Mainz), but Jesse's seat will start getting very warm soon if the club continues to fail to get results.

Adams with the DNP today in a 1-4 loss to Bayern.

25. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mainz are tough opponent?

usnroach and WheezingUSASupport repped this.