Tyler Adams at AFC Bournemouth

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by TheFalseNine, Jul 11, 2018.

1. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    As a coach I would prefer the Bundesliga. Too much extracurricular nonsense in the UK.

2. Sufjan Guzan

Sufjan Guzan Member+

Feb 13, 2016
    He'd definitely be on an extremely short leash in England being an American.

3. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Too risky IMO. Go with the safe move ala Leipzig.

The Irish Rover and Dirt McGirt repped this.
  4. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    Yes, if he got to manage 12 matches it would set a record.

5. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    True but "tough act to folllow" principle kicks in at Leipzig.

I think a tougher question is where Adams could go to next if he is not comfortable in the Leipzig situation. It is incredible how well Nags did with what he had. This piece gives a little perspective - Leipzig is discussed towards end of the article
    What to expect from Julian Nagelsmann's Bayern Munich (msn.com)

Indeed, Angelino's average position over the course of this campaign is higher up the pitch than any other Leipzig player, which has allowed him to rack up an astounding 17 goal contributions across all competitions this season

17 goals from a left wing back - I wonder if Musah could do that from that position. He is playing outside mid in a 442 for Valencia

6. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have watched a lot of Musah since he committed w/ the US and IMO he has played far better for the USMNT than he has for Valencia. Sure... he has had his moments... but I just don't see him as an outside player that will be a consistent goal scoring/crossing threat. I am hoping he gets a chance to move inside at his club in the near future.

Gacm32, largegarlic and frankburgers repped this.
  7. YankatOxford

YankatOxford Member+

Oct 15, 2007
    y-lee-coyote and Dirt McGirt repped this.
  8. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    So we are getting another cripple who can't drag his sorry ass off the throne to do some work. How many of these guys can we fit on a soccer team? We are about to find out.

9. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    That was quite a summary

gogorath and frankburgers repped this.
  10. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    We don't know about any personal stuff Marsch may have going (we all do)which could affect his decision ultimately - we all do. Take the Tot job then come home for 2026?

11. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    what is happening

12. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    It's getting late. No time for that Tolstoy novel I wanted to write on the subject.

13. lmorin

lmorin Member+

Mar 29, 2000
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One rumor reported on SiriusXM FC this AM was that Marsch is considered the likely successor at Leipzig. The other rumor was that Marsch is one of a 3 person shortlist. Another on the list is reportedly Pellegrino Matarazzo, Stuttgart coach and also an American.

14. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Matarazzo has been very good. I wonder if not best for Marsch to move on from RedBull family or stay with Salzburg and get more experience. I don't know if Marsch would be ready for Leipzig.

15. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    goals=/=goal contributions

You’re weird.

16. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like Marsch to Leipzig is back on.

17. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seems so.

18. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was Marsch around RBNY when Tyler was there?

Gorky repped this.
  19. KALM

KALM Member+

Oct 6, 2006
    Boston/Providence
    Yep. He apparently played a big part in helping Tyler to integrate when he first arrived.

ttrevett repped this.
  20. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great hire. I am excited. I hope this means that Aaronson will be following along soon as well.

ttrevett and felloveranddidanadu repped this.
  21. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, Jesse coached Tyler for a couple of years. Including playing him at RWB/RM in a weird 3-6-1 formation for a few games.

ttrevett repped this.
  22. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    As a big, historic club Spurs have very big ambitions to fulfill, which is normal and won't be a factor in Jesse's thinking. Unfortunately, they also have a massive new stadium to finance that's draining the finances available to a Chairman who is notoriously and counter-productively tight-fisted in transfer negotiations.

Pochettino worked miracles to get a relatively small Spurs squad that was crying out for rejuvenation to the CL final but was given nothing that close season and relative peanuts in the following summer, and so he was gone before Christmas. Mourino was given a fair bit of money last summer, most of which he spent on a half-dozen rotators. The result is a squad is not terribly well balanced and - Son and Kane apart - notably lacking in the quality needed to meet expectations.

Then there's the fan disaffection that the Super League fiasco has catalysed, plus the possibility of sanctions, not to mention the cloud that'll be hanging over the club from that for quite a while.

Meanwhile, Leipzig have a good squad that's quite young, a professional recruitment department, an already-financed stadium and a club that's notably lacking in the sense of entitlement department. Not to mention that he knows the entire Red Bull organisation inside-out.

If he goes for Spurs, he's insane.

23. KALM

KALM Member+

Oct 6, 2006
    Boston/Providence
    I'm actually realizing I misread the question, and thought they were asking about any overlap between their time at RB Leipzig.

But yes, Jesse has now coached Tyler at RBNY, and then again at RB Leipzig as an assistant when Adams first arrived.

Gorky repped this.
  24. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    I too am curious to see whether Marsch will want Aaronson to make the move as well. He certainly seems to be a difference maker for RBS — a creator in the middle with loads of energy, decent speed and an attacking mind set. Sometimes he looks like an excited puppy out there, and I haven’t had a chance to really see enough to understand where his deficiencies lie. And there is also of course a big leap between Austria and the Bundesliga. But I don’t see any reason why Aaronson won’t be moving on up to somewhere soon. I would love it if he could end up with Marsch again.

25. felloveranddidanadu

Plymouth Argyle FC
    Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Frogs
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who would want Spurs right now? They're a cursed club and it seems like nothing and no one can reverse that. The great Mou couldn't save them. The best strikers of their generation from England, Korea, and Wales couldn't save them. They have a shiny new stadium but their squad is going to take some serious hits this summer. They tried to flee their way onto the spaceship that is The Super League and clearly that's also a non-starter.

Adams can only benefit from Marsch's arrival IMO and Marsch can only benefit in this move. I think both he and Tyler are ready to have big seasons next year. They've got to be aiming for 2nd/3rd (doubtful anyone unseats Bayern).

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.