Tyler Adams at AFC Bournemouth

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by TheFalseNine, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Deeneaus

Deeneaus Member+

Aug 29, 2007
    America/Deutschland
    Club:
    Arminia Bielefeld
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The ref was laughing and Guenduozi was like, "Why are you laughing!?" :ROFLMAO:

felloveranddidanadu and adam tash repped this.
  2. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another solid game from Adams. Kind of miffed at the announcers for not giving him credit for the assist... just blaming Guen for making a mistake. But that play was classic Adams... quick to press and win the ball back... leading to a scoring chance. Nice.

LouisianaViking07/09 and mace repped this.
  3. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    Not sure Adams didn't pull his hair. I'm quite happy with no call though.

4. largegarlic

largegarlic Member+

Jul 2, 2007
    I thought Adams looked so-so at RB or RWB or whatever, but looked very good once he came into the middle. He clearly seems more comfortable and effective centrally, but it's hard to second guess Nagelsmann too much, given that he had them in the UCL semis last season and has them within striking distance of Bayern in the Bundesliga now.

5. WheezingUSASupport

Dortmund
    United States
    Aug 28, 2017
    He’s convinced me he’s more or less back to the form he was at his 1st season at Leipzig. Great defensive aggression to get that assist.

I do like that the coach does play him at CDM sometimes to keep him strong at both positions. He sees the passing lanes/options so differently when he plays at CDM.

6. mace

mace Member+

Indy 11
    United States
    Jun 5, 2004
    USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tyler with an average 3.5 Kicker rating against Hertha (1 best, 6 worst). Middle of the pack for his team.

7. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Seems fair, take away the Yank Tax and it's a 3.

madvillain and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  8. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
  9. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Time for the weekly game of “figure out where Tyler is playing”

10. Dervos

Dervos Member+

Mar 13, 2002
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Upamecano confirms Chris Richards is better than him, again.

11. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow... I can't believe this thread is silent. Adams plays a single 6 all game long and it could have been his best 90 minutes all season. He was pretty darn good today.

12. yurch10

yurch10 Member+

Feb 13, 2004
    Haven't been following, but he seems to have had a decent run of starts. Is that right?

He's basically the forgotten player of the US, and I'm guilty too. He's very good, but not very exciting, and in a rotation at RBL.

Basically "he's one of our best players, getting loads of minutes, who cares".

But agreed, the fact he keeps earning starting minutes for such a good team is really great.

dams repped this.
  13. dams

dams Member+

United States
    Dec 22, 2018
    No doubt. Dude is our most underrated player by far. He was awesome at the friendlies in Nov. and everyone is like...ho hum. He is an absolutely key player for the Nats

ChicagoVT, glutton4Bolts and adam tash repped this.
  14. mace

mace Member+

Indy 11
    United States
    Jun 5, 2004
    USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He looked pretty good today. And it was a great second half to watch as Leipzig came back from 2:0 down to come back and win it. So, they are still keeping pace with Bayern.
    It is strange that this thread is so quiet but I guess things are steady at Leipzig and Adams is a starter most of the time, so not much drama.

Him and Wes together are going to wreak havoc in the midfield for the nats Stay healthy, boys, stay healthy!

glutton4Bolts and USA-Zebuel repped this.
  15. WheezingUSASupport

Dortmund
    United States
    Aug 28, 2017
    This was a great game to watch, amazing comeback down 0-2 to win 3-2. I don’t think it was his best game of the season but certainly in the top 5.

mace repped this.
  16. Cubanlix63

Cubanlix63 Member+

AFC Ajax
    Feb 19, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Probably the most tactically aware player we have. Which is why he has been able to fill a variety of roles for Leipzig this season.

frankburgers repped this.
  17. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. DMTerp02

DMTerp02 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Annapolis, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw that he's started 9 or the last 10 games for them or something. The positional stuff is frustrating, but it's really something when a guy like Nagelsmann just always finds a reason to put our guy on the field in the middle of a title chase.

nobody, ChicagoVT, theboogeyman and 2 others repped this.
  19. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    After not giving him better than a 3 all season, the dreaded Kicker gave Adams a 2 this weekend.

Kicker is good again!

20. Dervos

Dervos Member+

Mar 13, 2002
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    If only there was something different about where he played that could explain this... :thumbsdown:

21. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Bad video quality but sharing nonetheless.

1366320864250236929 is not a valid tweet id

22. abecedarian

abecedarian Member+

Mar 25, 2009
    SSSomerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The thread is so silent because people are too busy staring at the Rorschach blot that is Christian Pulisic.

Anyway, you're right that Adams was excellent. For once he was playing the role he played in New York -- the role for which he secured his overseas transfer in the first place. Nagelsmann's a first-rate manager (his team wouldn't be where it is if he weren't), but it's curious he's been so reluctant to play Adams centrally.

All I can say is I hope the experiment continues.

23. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if he will get the start in the cup tomorrow? He has started 5 of the last 6 games... including two 90 minutes appearances in a row. Normally I would say he is primed for a rest but it would be hard to take him from the field after his last performance. I know that winning the BL would be the prized peach... but a cup trophy is there for the taking w/ Bayern already sent packing. Wolfsburg is on fire as well... the best two defenses in the league face off... Should be a good one. I really hope Adams plays a central role... pun intended.

ChicagoVT and largegarlic repped this.
  24. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ChicagoVT and Gorky repped this.
  25. nobody

nobody Member+

Jun 20, 2000
    Like most US fans, I really would prefer seeing Adams cemented in the center of the field, but we have to remember that he is still only 22 and that those prime positions are hard to win and a lot of guys play their first few years somewhere on the outside and move toward the center as they progress, especially in the deeper tactical position where Adams shines. While he looks good there now, he still has several years of learning and improving before he reaches his peak. If he's still getting moved around the field when he's 24 or 25, maybe it starts looking less than ideal. But, at his age and level of experience a little positional flexibility is perfectly fine. I think people get to put off by it because no one wants him at right back for the national team. But, for a player of his age and position, that he's getting as much time in the middle of the park as he is, speaks well of him. And his competition in that part of the field consists of players significantly older and more experienced. By the time Adams reaches 25 or so, I'd expect he'll be the guy keeping some young new thing out of his spot in the middle of the action.