Tyler Adams at AFC Bournemouth

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by TheFalseNine, Jul 11, 2018.

1. KALM

KALM Member+

Oct 6, 2006
    Boston/Providence
    (But spoiler, that one is completely on Mukiele for a whiffed clearance.)

WheezingUSASupport repped this.
  2. gogorath

gogorath Member+

None
    United States
    May 12, 2019
    I do. I always screw that up.

And oof. Falling down is the worst possible thing you can do.

3. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    i can never get past the upside down world where either haaland went to leipzig or upamecano went to dortmund

4. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One of Tyler's best starts at RWB IMO. He had three passes that set up good scoring opportunities. The last one to Hwang was picture perfect... it looked like it was harder to miss the frame than put it on. Terrible finish. The announcers were lauding Liverpool but I thought it was a very close game and RBL just gifted them two goals w/ uncharacteristic gaffs. 1st the blind pass backwards from Sabitzer and then the 2nd on Muk's flailing attempt at a ball over the top. I really didn't see Liverpool as being dominant. RBL had their chances but were poor in front of goal and Liverpool took advantage of some horrible plays.

5. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Do both those swaps and there'd be a real contest for the BL this season

6. Shaster

Shaster Member+

Apr 13, 1999
    El Cerrito, CA, USA
    This team needs a forward like Hoppe.

7. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Completely agree, RBL had way better chances and Liverpool scored on the two errors. Granted, due to their pressure from the forwards, it helped create those easy opportunities. I would almost call it a "smash and grab."

glutton4Bolts repped this.
  8. mace

mace Member+

Indy 11
    United States
    Jun 5, 2004
    USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tyler with a 3.5 kicker rating (1 best, 6.0 worst). He was tied for best field player for Leipzig. I thought he was a bit stronger than average (3.5 is average) and had a good game. Hope he put some of the doubters worries to rest with starting and playing well against Liverpool! The laughable defensive errors were just killer, obviously. A shame.

9. mace

mace Member+

Indy 11
    United States
    Jun 5, 2004
    USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My cat is sleeping now!

10. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Typical YA hate from Kicker. There is a clear Yank bias. Gio getting a 5 in his last start is a perfect example.... but Tyler was one of the few RBL players that had a good game. I would be interested to know what Amazon predicted the goal % chance to be on that last thru ball he made to Huang. It was their best chance all game.

11. mace

mace Member+

Indy 11
    United States
    Jun 5, 2004
    USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure how much hate there is for the yank Adams. Are you saying he was Red Bulls sole best player? He had the top rating for Leipzig but a few other guys had the same 3.5 rating.

kicker is a subjective rating. Just look over at the Dest thread to see how all over the map his performance against PSG (Mbappe) was viewed here- all based on the same highlight clip!

12. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He and Upamecano were their best players and deserve better than average IMO. AT least a 3.... but I can't wrap my head around the 5 for Gio last weekend. That was a total joke of a rating. I am not sure... but I wonder whether being subbed off automatically lowers your rating. Either way... I am not a big fan of their ratings.

13. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    They lost 2-0. Kicker wasn't going to give too many above average ratings. 3.5 when that's tied for best on the team is actually a compliment, even if you always want to see your favorites get 2s and 3s.

14. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    3.5 from Kicker is actually a pretty positive review given the 2-0 loss. I wonder why we bother looking at any ratings from anyone given the subjective nature of them? There is no formula of how they do these things. The whole practice is nothing more than click-bait. Don't fall for the trap people.

glutton4Bolts repped this.
  15. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Half the team got the 3,5.

16. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The 2-0 score shouldn't automatically mean that a player can't be better than average. Both of Liverpool's goals were gifts and only Muk and Sabitzer should have their scores reflect it. I am not sure what their scores were but they deserve the lion's share of the blame for the result. Adams was solid all game and provided a perfect pass that should have been put home. The xGA should have risen significantly because of that pass alone. But I can only say I disagree with Kicker ratings so much.... I should take your advice and just ignore them all together.

17. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LouisianaViking07/09 and mace repped this.
  18. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The assist:

1363527564673904641 is not a valid tweet id

20. mace

mace Member+

Indy 11
    United States
    Jun 5, 2004
    USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tyler had a good game today and went the full 90. Good to see him back in the mix at title chasing Leipzig. He's been an unsung hero of our yanks this season. Not much chatter about him but he's just been keeping his head down and getting the job done well! He had some other good plays, such as when he drove in in the first half and drew a yellow just outside the box. He had two tackles and 81% passing, with a whoscored 6.9 (average for Leipzig was 6.97).

21. KALM

KALM Member+

Oct 6, 2006
    Boston/Providence
    On the one hand, he's a fairly regular starter on a team that's just 2 points away from overtaking Bayern.

On the other hand, everyone's kind of frustrated that he's mostly doing it as a wingback rather than in his more natural position.

usnroach and Gacm32 repped this.
  22. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    what a flop job by the defender. good on the ref for ignoring the antics.

Deeneaus and Gacm32 repped this.
  23. Gacm32

Gacm32 Member+

Chelsea
    Switzerland
    Nov 28, 2010
    Geneva
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Guenduozi complaining about getting violated is the best part. Tyler got the ball clean and physically dominated him, and he’s up bitching at the referee. l'homme n'a pas de couilles.

24. wrench

wrench Member+

May 12, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Sadly, I like him at Arsenal. I have no idea what happened between him and Arteta, but it was quickly taken care of. He was gone in a flash. And now he looks a shell of what he was.

25. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    not sure about guendozi....but i couldnt help thinking that play would be called against tyler in concacaf 99/100 and world cup probably something like 90/100...but it was a good play by him. bundesliga has really good refs, imo.

FC Tallavana repped this.