Tyler Adams at AFC Bournemouth

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by TheFalseNine, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Brandinho

Brandinho Member

None
    United States
    Feb 22, 2007
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wasted that on the Georgia vs Notre Dame game last year.

2. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Adams started half the games RBL played once he was fit... essentially every other game. When you consider that Laimer is the only guy relatively close to Adams in age (23) [Sabitzer 26, Kampl 29] and that Adams had to enter a brand new system in the middle of the season after coming off of injury I actually think Adams has been given plenty of trust and starts. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't be shocked at all if Adams started against PSG in order to shadow Neymar defensively. But even if he doesn't Adams is going to continue to get minutes and hopefully he can make his case for being in the starting 11 on the regular.

USSoccerNova repped this.
  3. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was just watching the Barca Bayern game. Ol' Davies might be the best player on the planet right now.

If they were smart they'd mold him into another Robben. Wish he had been born slightly further South.

jnielsen repped this.
  4. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    south of ghana? ;)

5. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What? He isn't even the best player on his own team. So he had a great run and assist in this one... but did you watch just how bad that right back was the entire game? CMon. The kid is good but isn't even close to being the best player on the planet. Not even top 20 right now.

EDIT... Considering this is an Adams thread perhaps you were just goading people? Not sure what Davies has to do with this thread.

6. eliwood

eliwood Member+

Jul 25, 2016
    yeah Semedo was doodoo stain today

Dest should be high on their target list

7. An Unpaved Road

An Unpaved Road Member+

Mar 22, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    Davies is great but the people that were selling today's game as some type of personal duel between him and Messi...lol.

FC Tallavana repped this.
  8. eliwood

eliwood Member+

Jul 25, 2016
    That was only a thing because Davies told the media that Leo is his favorite player

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  9. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    And you call yourself a US soccer fan. :)

Brandinho repped this.
  10. gogorath

gogorath Member+

None
    United States
    May 12, 2019
    Yeah, what a weird comment. Aside from that assist, Bayern held him back as a hedge against Messi. He was absent until the game was over.

Serge Gnabry dominated the midifeld today.

11. mace

mace Member+

Indy 11
    United States
    Jun 5, 2004
    USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now I’m curious about the shot and if it was on target. Where is this aerial view of which someone spoke? I really couldn’t tell in the broadcast replays, it was close.

it was obviously a goal, though, since it was ruled that way. Duh

and good to hear Adams speak some German! Good for him.

12. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honestly, why does it matter? It was ruled a goal. This isn't the Kennedy assassination.

ChicagoVT, mace, ebbro and 8 others repped this.
  13. Cubanlix63

Cubanlix63 Member+

AFC Ajax
    Feb 19, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It was because of this quote.

14. gogorath

gogorath Member+

None
    United States
    May 12, 2019
  15. lmorin

lmorin Member+

Mar 29, 2000
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jesse Marsch said today in an interview on SiriusXM FC that Leipzig played a 4-2-2-2 defensively and a 3-5-2 offensively. I don't remember if he said that Adams had a particular numbered position. He did say that Adams was given great freedom going forward.

FWIW, I don't think it has been mentioned that Adams' goal was right out of Frank Lampard's how-to-score-if-you're-a-midfielder book: Hit the ball low with power, more-or-less on goal and into the mix of players around the PK spot. Luck will take care of the rest. Frank scored an awful lot of goals from shots that ricocheted off defender or attacker feet and lower legs.

16. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    A lot of this is due to squad rotation and some red cards to defensive players, but I count Adams and Nkunku as the only players to have appeared in every match since the coronavirus layoff.

ChicagoVT and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  17. frankburgers

frankburgers Member+

May 31, 2016
    He’s the best left back in planet earth as a teenager.

18. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was not the statement... it said Davies was the best player period. Either way... it is a strange comment considering the thread and after thinking on it a bit more it seemed to be designed to bait and I bit. Honestly, the kid is a fantastic talent but setting him up as some kind of god is just overboard in my eyes. Gogorath got it right... he did nothing in this game until it was already decided and his flash of brilliance came against the worst player on the pitch. The RB was roasted by the entire Bayern Team.

19. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just realized I posted this in the TA thread. Obviously wrong thread. Apologies.

20. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is also a little strong. At 4-2, match was not over as Barca had just scored and another goal for them would make it a little dicey. But, yeah, 5-2 was a dagger and took out remaining fight.

usnroach repped this.
  21. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    But did you see how Oblak's head moved back and to the left?

ChicagoVT, mace and ChrisSSBB repped this.
  22. KenC

KenC Member+

Jun 11, 2003
    That’s because Tyler shot the Magic Bullet of a shot. It went left then up and to the right, and then into the back of the net. Magic Bullet, I say.

23. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Two (North) Americans doing good in the majors?

24. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Two MLS alumni doing good at the highest level of club soccer.

ttrevett repped this.
  25. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    mls takes a lot of deserved stick but you gotta give them credit where it’s due

PalmettoSpur and ChicagoVT repped this.