Two Matches in One day

Discussion in 'World Cup 2010: Fans & Travel' started by ekartash, Dec 7, 2009.

1. ekartash

ekartash Member

Mar 20, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    do any locals know if this would be possible, from a logistics standpoint. if there is a match at 16:00 in Pretoria, and than another match in Soccer city at 20:30. first match would end at 18:00, giving us two hours to make it to soccer city. do you think its doable, taking game traffic into consideration?

thanks

2. bigworm

bigworm Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A local in a different thread said it was possible if you have your own car, but you might miss a few minutes of the second match if there was lots of traffic.

Trying to do the USA-Algeria and Germany-Ghana matches in the same day? Me too, I just need a pair of tickets to the USA match. I'll have a car, so if you can get the tickets, I'll give you a ride to Soccer City:cool:

3. ekartash

ekartash Member

Mar 20, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am.. that would be a great day. i will deffinetely keep your offer in mind. if i get an extra pair, they are yours.

do we already know what the parking situation will be like around Pretoria and Soccer City? If there is parking right by the stadium in Pretoria, than this should be easy. but if you have to do a park and ride, than i dont see having enough time to get down to Soccer City.

4. bigworm

bigworm Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not really sure about the parking right now, but I have heard mention of "park and ride" lots. I'm guessing the will have some sort of shuttle system. I'm sure that I can get some upstanding young man around the stadium to "take care" of the car while we are at the match. Isn't that why they make rental car insurance?

5. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Trying to do this on both the 19th & 23rd.

I'm trying to source a car and driver for a reasonable pric eor even someone to drive our rental car and wait outside for us.

It is going to be tight in both cases but I still think it can be done.
    I think the key will be to drive, drop and walk. The Park and Rides didn't work for the Confederations Cup and I'm loathe to risk them this time. Once th eexclusion zone is within walking distance of the stadium then we should be fine.