TvAzteca vs Televisa: Sports

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by PUMA Auriazul, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Sir Cuauh

Sir Cuauh New Member

Jun 15, 2005
    H-town
    Te dolio lo del ******** de Palencia

HAHAHA

2. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Someone please close this mess. Monkey be the better man.

3. Sir Cuauh

Sir Cuauh New Member

Jun 15, 2005
    H-town
  4. Euzkadi

Euzkadi New Member

Jun 17, 2005
    Durango
    I don't care too much about neither. Technology wise Televisa>Azteca, of course; but I HATE el perro bermudes (note that I capitalized the word, which means that I, like, you know, really, really hate him, w00t!!).

Best commentators: ESPN>Azteca>Televisa
    Best cameras:Televisa>Azteca>ESPN (they get technical difficulties way too often)

I rarely watch Fox Sports.

Se que ESPN y fox son arena de otro costal, pero era indispensable incluir el comentario.

5. kehl

kehl Member

Feb 28, 2005
    Kamogawa BG
    Televisa, I love Televisa.

I love Rafa Puente from Tv Azteca too xD.

6. erdons

erdons Member

May 1, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Hands down Televisa is the winner they have way better technology, i can watch any game if its called by Enrique Bermudez. The only thing i love about TV Azteca is La Academia, but other than that nothing.

7. Numero_9

Numero_9 Member

Mar 31, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    All those anti America pics r dumb. Is that all u got in responce? Check the stats and tell me who won a championship this year. And who fell short in 2 tournaments.

8. Makaveli 13

Makaveli 13 New Member

Jul 23, 2004
    ¤ Carlo, carlos, carlos..... :rolleyes: ¤

¤ I promised Bopperinho i would end this "mess"....but theres alawys AIM ;) ¤

9. Sakuragi

Sakuragi Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Haha, that's hilarious.

10. Sakuragi

Sakuragi Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Anyways, Televisa is better, there shouldn't even be a discussion about it.

Close thread.

11. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    There is no point in arguing who has better commentators because that is in the eye (or ear) of the beholder. I personally am more inclined to Televisa because of the professionalism factor.

But what you cant argue is that Televisa is by far superior with respects to technology, presentation, @ coverage.

TECHNOLOGY

They day of the final, one of my buddies gave me a tour of Azteca and Televisa's tv units (unidades). They have 2. One is digitial and the other is high definition.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/************/DSC01616.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/************/DSC01615.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/************/DSC01617.jpg

TV Azteca does not have high definition. They have a converter, but do not produce high defintion feeds when they air. Televisa on the other hand does. So when you hear that TV Azteca is televising a program in high definition, its not 100% true.

PRESENTATION

Televisa's studios are state of the art. Ive been to Azteca and they are nice as well, but are not equipped to present material as well.

COVERAGE

When i was given a tour of Azteca and its facilities the day of the final, I saw a lot of camera post. You virtually have a camera in ever corner of Azteca, but not every stadium is Azteca. I asked my buddy if they were going to add more cameras for the final. HE said that they werent so I asked if they were going to go with 20 or so. I told him that I got that figure off a cameraman back during the 2004 interliga. He said since then, they have anywhere from 25 to 30 cameras at any game. The stadiums that are exclusive to Televisa are better equiped. Part of that has to do with Televisa investing in camera stands, camera hydrolic posts, etc

You can go to la Bombonera in Toluca and that stadium is outdated, but yet, they can still get good coverage there. TV azteca can go to Hidalgo, 3 de marzo, and has ************ coverage (camera angles)

all in all, TV Azteca has made Televisa improve more bcause of the competition. Telvisa even got better ratings and reviews for the olympics. They have more experience and are better equipped

12. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    that is not true. The promotora exec is the one who went to Televisa for financial supprt and to extend the contract when Vergara was in the act of taking over the club.

Vergara has stated that he does want to seperate themselves from Televisa (thier enemy).

I personally dont think its a wise decision and he is full of it. If his fans believe that he is doing it out of respect for the club... why did he give Atlas money to have Omnilife as thier sponsor? Isnt Atlas their enemy as well? I know he wasnt the owner just yet, but CMON

13. Goofy

Goofy Member

Jun 10, 2005
    support for oneself.
    TV Azteca has grown tame ever since they purchased Morelia, thus becoming a voice and a vote in the FMF. They used to be far more vociferous when they were Imevision. Far more critical, harsh, exposing FMF scandals. But now that they're part of the FMF, it's very clear they've toned down a lot on their criticisms of the federation. A lot.
    That today the broadcasting of MNT games is simultaneous on both networks is a definite improvement over the old establishment, back when Televisa had the monopoly over it.
    Still, 40+ yrs of being the stooge of the old regime have given Televisa an edge over technology and all that, but I don't think their sports commentators are better than what TV Azteca has. TV Azteca had to focus on editorial innovation instead. At a cost, however, since Televisa eventually copied TV Azteca's coverage of the world cup and the Olympic games.
    Nevertheless, I'm really hoping for a change because I'm tired of the comedy/ general interest/ opinion/ color commentary format both companies use today.
    I wish they'd rather broadcast ALL world cup games and forget about those stupid comedy sketches and all that. Unfortunately, next world cup both companies will only broadcast 50% of the WC games. The rest will be available on SKY.

14. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    TV Azteca (Imevision) was always tame. I never bought that they were "critical" or innovative. Canal 13 (Imevision) was victim of its public owned status. They had very few assets and funding was rather low. They had to be careful with what they had to say because it was government owned

Here is a quote from Jose Ramon Fdz

19 program directors Jse Ramon had to go through in a period of 20 years? That is because the internal politics and the bureaucrasy within the system did not allow for change and/or innovation. Why? Could be a number of things. But tt was a "my way or the high way" type system. The number of firings indicate that. That is not to say that internal politics dont exist in private networks, becaus they do. But the heartbeat and the essense of a priate network rely on its innovation and critique. People get bored with numbers (analytical), people respond more to opinions. 19 directors getting fired and for what?? having an opinion on how to do a job that did not coincide with company's views?

15. PUMA Auriazul

PUMA Auriazul New Member

Jun 7, 2005
    New Mexico
    Well, yeah most of what you said is true but America is the enemy of Chivas not Televisa and another thing is that Vergara and Emilio can show respect to themselves and work as big grown buisnessman. Personnaly it would be a dangerous thing to give the Chivas games to TvAzteca. Azteca thinks their the best with the stadiums that they have, now imagine them with el Jalisco.