tv schedule for opening game

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by blank25, Mar 7, 2011.

1. blank25

blank25 Member

May 18, 2002
    bergen county
    I checked MSG network. MSG 1 & MSG 2 are not showing the game. Is it possible they will use msg 3 for game. Any one have any definite information.

2. Ruict

Ruict Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe they haven't agreed on a contract yet, so we might be out of luck.

3. Homebrew4U

Homebrew4U New Member

Jul 25, 2009
    Eastchester, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that the Atlas friendly being broadcast on MSG+ is a pretty good sign. With 2 MSG channels showing Rangers hockey, and the other 2 showing Fight Night reruns, they'll be able to slot the game in if/once a deal is announced. Still... we await some sort of official word.

4. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    Islanders At Florida on MSG+ at 7:30PM.

No Knicks, No Rangers, No Devils. Home opener will be on MSG when the contrat is signed.

5. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I believe the game is on tape delay after the hockey game.

6. nymetrobulls

nymetrobulls New Member

Feb 3, 2007
    nyc
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wouldn;t be surprised if we are bumped to msg+ and they give the isles game to msg. Whatever, not like Ill be watching on tv anyway. ;)

7. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    For March 19th? Incorrect. I checked the NBA & NHL schedules for the home opener. The game will be on MSG.

8. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. archex

archex New Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Yo watch the NYRB from FL should i get:

DTV MLS Direct Kick
    MLS Matchday
    DTV sports pack that includes MSGs

10. Gutch220

Gutch220 Member

Apr 26, 2010
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This better get done.
    I'm sure if we all email RBNY it will up a pressure "a little" or at least let them know that a lot of people are paying attention.
    From the schedule I've seen, I looks like MSG is purposely scheduling repeats of Fight Night on Saturday night as a place holder for when the deal gets done, they can just pre-emp the boxing. Why else would they have the Islanders on MSG+ and boxing repeats on MSG? I would imagine Don Garber and MLS are also applying pressure to get this done. It is unimaginable to not have one of your biggest franchises in the biggest market NOT on television.

11. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Islanders play on MSG+ and do not get moved to MSG even if MSG has no live game at that time.

12. Gutch220

Gutch220 Member

Apr 26, 2010
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It sounds like this issue will be resolved. For the long term, it would be nice if they could sell their TV rights one of these years instead of giving them away. but I guess you have to pay your dues in the begining.

If this was baseball or football within the first 15 years of their league, the games wouldn't even be on TV. The NFL used to black-out games in home markets if the games weren't sold out.

I hope one day the Red Bulls get onto the YES network, or at the very least they get into a mini-bidding war with MSG, YES, SNY, etc...

13. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For both YES and SNY too many of the Yankees and Mets games will be played at the same time as the Red Bulls. That's especially true for SNY because the Mets and Red Bulls play a greater percentage of their Saturday games at night than the Yankees do.

14. JensPH

JensPH New Member

Jul 13, 1999
    NYC
    I'd like to see this, because then at least it'd be in HD. I'm sick of that crap MSG quality for non-Cablevision subscribers.

15. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NYRB confirms that the game will air on MSG with a pre-game show at 7:00 ET.

16. Ruict

Ruict Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last Oct Dishnetwork dropped MSG & MSG+, so no RBNY for me on TV.
    I'm going with Matchday Live on mlssoccer.com for $39. not only do i get NY but all other games at my convenience. I hooked a computer to my 56".
    It's going to be sweet. to bad mlsssoccer doesn't have an app for TVs.

17. SlowFox

SlowFox Member

Aug 16, 1999
    Yea, Dish just isn't for the NY sports fan anymore.

It's a shame, because a few years back MLS Direct Kick used to not have any blackouts so even if your team wasn't being shown locally you could see either that broadcast or the other team's broadcast. DK stopped doing that the year after.