TV for US OPEN CUP FINAL

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by XaviusX, Oct 14, 2003.

1. XaviusX

XaviusX Member

Mar 21, 2001
    Tampa, Florida
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FOX SPORTS WORLD will be the only channel to show the USOC Live. I'm not sure whether or not MSG will show a repeat of the game later on during the week. The game starts at 8pm, so if you're like me who lives really, really far from Giants Stadium or NYC/NJ for that matter, this will be the next best thing.

If you don't have FOX SPORTS WORLD, you should definitely head on out to your local Pub, which should have this channel on their TV's.

If you have NO way of getting to a Pub, and no other way to watch it. Then I suggest getting on the Internet to listen to a WebCast. Metrostars.com should have a WebCast ready to go.

Good Luck! :D

2. CrazyG

CrazyG New Member

Dec 19, 1998
    Manahawkin, NJ
    It's been said before, but I'll say it again.

According to soccertv.com

Both FSW and MSG will be broadcasting the game LIVE....

3. XaviusX

XaviusX Member

Mar 21, 2001
    Tampa, Florida
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

According to the MSG Website, they aren't showing the USOC Final: http://msgnetwork.com/tv_schedule.jsp

It may be that they haven't changed it, I may be wrong. But, hey, I don't get MSG here in Florida (except during MLS Shootout games on Cable), so FSW would be the best way to go.

4. Dan R

Dan R New Member

Jun 1, 1997
    Metro
    I am told that's not updated. They'll be showing it (might cut in with Yankee post-game show)

5. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
  6. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    The game will be televised live on Fox Sports World, with a simultaneous feed on MSG Network. If Game 6 of the Yankees-Red Sox series, which begins at 4 p.m., runs long, MSG's postgame coverage will cut into the beginning of the Open Cup broadcast. Fox Sports World, however, will air the Cup final from the beginning.

7. Bigfoot

Bigfoot New Member

So far replays are scheduled for midnight and noon Thursday on MSG and 4am on FSW.

8. futbolrey

futbolrey New Member

Dec 20, 2002
    Burke, Va
    does anyone know of any radio station will broadcast the metros vs chigago game?

I don't have fox sports world :(

9. LaxBandit

LaxBandit Member+

Aug 27, 1999
    North Tonawanda, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, Fox Sports World is producing the game with their announcers and MSG is picking up the feed. Weird thing is that the feed on MSG is three seconds ahead of the same feed on Fox Sports World. MSG had something wrong with the opening on theirs as the national anthem could be heard in the background while Nick Webster was doing the voice-over promoting the two teams. The Yanks-Red Sox are still playing so MSG will definiately be interrupting the game for their Yankees post-game coverage.

Edit: The Yanks-Red Sox game is now over and MSG immediately went to the Yanks post-game show so we were only able to see 10 mins or so of game action. There is a "bottomline" thing that saids that Metrostars-Chicago Fire can be seen on Fox Sports World.

LB...

10. PSsoccer123

PSsoccer123 New Member

Jul 22, 2003
    THey took it off.

11. bobf

bobf Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Maplewood, NJ
    i emailed these a*holes today and they said the game was on msg, not for 10 minutes.

12. LaxBandit

LaxBandit Member+

Aug 27, 1999
    North Tonawanda, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes they did, as if you read the news article/previous posts in this thread, MSG was planning on interrupting the game to show the Yankees post-game show so it shouldn't come to a shock. You had to hope that the Yankees-Red Sox game ended like around 7:15 pm ET-7:30 pm ET thus the post-game would probably lasted to 8:00 pm ET. Then we would have got the whole coverage on MSG. It didn't so the MSG only viewers get screwed. I don't see the post-game show lasting past 9:00 pm ET so we should get whatever halftime show is left plus the second half (and perhaps more..) on MSG.

LB...

13. metrosoccer12

metrosoccer12 New Member

Dec 19, 2002
    NJ
    thats awsome to hear but knowing msg they will put something else on

14. moreno

moreno New Member

Nov 13, 2000
    MSG sucks. if they hd said they might not show it, i would've gone to the game. what a slap in the face. and baseball sucks too. Keith hernandez makes me sick.ugh.

15. moreno

moreno New Member

Nov 13, 2000
    is that replay midnight tonight or tomorrow?

16. metrosoccer12

metrosoccer12 New Member

Dec 19, 2002
    NJ
    how many more players do they need to inteview untill everyone gets the point that they lost?

17. topcow

topcow New Member

Nov 23, 2000
    New York
    I wouldn't call people at MSG *#*#*#*#*#*#*#s. They done more for soccer and Metrostars than any other regional channel.
    It's very understandable they would switch to a baseball playoff post game coverage, since they weren't suppose to show the US open cup anyways. It's not MSG, it's the people who like baseball which are the *#*#*#*#*#*#*#s.