TV for New England?

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by DCFAN, Oct 8, 2003.

1. neilgrossman

neilgrossman New Member

May 12, 2000
    Hoboken, NJ
    If the RFK friendly is the same time, why don't the put it on the jumbotron?

2. QuietSide

QuietSide Member

Oct 18, 2002
    Cox Communications in Fairfax

Having had a problem in the past with the IN Demand version of the shootout, I just got off the phone with Cox Communications in Fairfax. They told me the following was the shootout schedule for this weekend:

FRIDAY:
    9:00 Columbus vs. Chicago on 601
    9:30 SJ vs. Colorado on 602

SATURDAY
    7:30 Dallas vs. Metros on 605 (and FSW/242)
    8:00 DC vs. NE on 604
    8:00 LA vs. KC on 603

Note the DC game is schedule to be broadcast at 8:00.

Note also that if they somehow show the game at 4:00 and not 8:00 and you miss it b/c of this post your venom should be directed at Cox, not me... :)

3. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    Don't count on it. You should definately arrange ahead of time that a place you are going will have the game. As some of us found out before, some bars will not be able to "figure out how the TV works" when it is down to crunch time, and you've got a $15.00 bill at the bar at 745pm, with no hope of seeing the game. Call places like Summers, that usually show the games, and double-check that the game will be on. Check out bars listed on the soccertv website. But make sure you call and let them know you will be there. If I was going to be home Saturday night, I'd invite everyone to my place to watch the game, but sadly I'm playing golf.

Thx,

Jay!

4. Detective40oz

Detective40oz Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Re: Cox Communications in Fairfax

You are a lifesaver! I appreciate it :)

5. QuietSide

QuietSide Member

Oct 18, 2002
  6. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    It's delayed until 8:00 EST on Adelphia too.

7. scruggs45

scruggs45 Member

Jun 25, 2003
    kp, va
    thanks for backing up my claim that cox cable is miserable and messes with the shootout...hey MikeLastort2 i apoligize for making a blanket statement about the MLS shootout but as you can see cox has made me expect the unexpected when it comes to trying to watch united play

8. revelation

revelation Member+

Dec 17, 1998
    FC St. Pauli
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Re: Cox Communications in Fairfax

Please know that if you are wrong...all of my venom about everything bad in the world (starting with the abomination to humanity that is the Metroscum) will be blamed squarely on you! I will make it my mission to make sure that all the good in your life is gone, your computer melts into a quivering mass of components, that your dog gets all constipated and your fridge turns your beer into Coors Light and warms it to body temperature!

Nothing personal but you did stick your neck out... :D

9. QuietSide

QuietSide Member

Oct 18, 2002
    Re: Re: Cox Communications in Fairfax

Actually you should blame Marco. Because we all know it would somehow be his fault. Super Bobby would have had the correct schedule. ;)

10. Cweedchop

Cweedchop Member+

Mar 6, 2000
    Ellicott City, Md

Like that's hard to do.. :p

11. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No DirecTV ?????????

Um, I just looked at my Guide, no game tomorrow on the Shootout. I turned to the Sports Schedule channel and it shows the two game tonite and NOTHING for tomorrow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It is on Fox NE on the guide so I HOPE they a least don't black it out like they normally would........ now I'm getting nervous ........

12. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    I have to stop drinking heavily.

Yes, you are right about DC United, my memory cells now recollect that annoying banner, which made me switch from Comcast to MLS shootout because I could not tell how much time there was left in the game.

While they showed the other MLS games on shootout starting around 10:00pm, they were not live (due to all the pointyball games).

13. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    That's an indictment against Cox cable, not against the MLS Shootout package.

If the local provider of the Shootout screws up, that is not the fault of the MLS Shootout.

14. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Accepted. And as I just said in my last reply, the problem is NOT the Shootout. It's Cox cable.

15. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
  16. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ignore my earlier post

The game (and two others) have magically appeared on my DirecTV guide this morning. I've seen the actual guide load late, but I had never seen the day's game left off the schedule on ch. 753 before. But all is good with the world, and still the only thing cable has over sat. tv is news channel 8 ;-) I wish I could pick up ch. 30 (?) to see the United show this morning at 10, even if I wouldn't understand a word.

17. GlennAA11

GlennAA11 Member+

Jun 12, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    I would imagine that our beef is actually with the people at InDemand, not necessarily with the individual cable companies. I am just happy the game is on the Shootout at all. The college gameday package takes precedence probably because it has more subscribers, although I don't really understand why they share those channels at all.

I also don't get why they can't show us more than one day's worth of schedule at a time.

18. roadkit

roadkit Greetings from the Fringe of Obscurity

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh my God! The end of the world must be upon us.

What next, Locusts?

19. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    :D:D