TV for New England?

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by DCFAN, Oct 8, 2003.

1. DCFAN

DCFAN Member

Apr 5, 1999
    Is the game on TV in the DC area?
    My original schedule said ESPN2, but I do not see that at the ESPN site now.

2. tab5g

tab5g Member+

May 17, 2002
    DC at NE on Oct. 11 is not on local tv in the DC area, nor is it on ESPN2, FSW or HDnet.

Check http://www.mlsnet.com/schedules/ later in the week to see if the game is part of the MLS Shootout packages for Dish and DirecTv.

I imagine some local bars will be able to show the game, if they subscribe to the shootout package.

Anyone know which bars are Shootout subscribers this year or which have other means for showing Saturday afternoon's game?

3. tab5g

tab5g Member+

May 17, 2002
    According to

http://www.fsnnewengland.com/skedrev.php

the game will be on Fox Sports Net New England. I believe that channel is part of the DirecTV sports pack, so any estabishment that has that package should get this game, if I understand this correctly, and if FSNE does carry the game.

4. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The game will be blacked out on FSNE unless you live there, but it will be carried on the Shootout(tm) package.
    I would like to personally thank MLS and DCU for having a 4:00 game this weekend so that I can watch both the game AND the Charlotte race ;-)
    Both will be on at my house out in the country if anyone wants to watch ;-)
    This almost makes up for the Sunday game we had a few weeks ago on at the same time as Talladega.
    Next year, I demand the shootout package show replays, as most of the time all the games are on at the same time.

5. scruggs45

scruggs45 Member

Jun 25, 2003
    kp, va
    are you certain that mls shootout will carry this game? it seems like anytime there is college football on at the same time the shootout loses in the battle for airtime...

6. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I do see the DCU game listed on the MLS Shootout package on the Direct TV website (as I don't have a dish, no idea who to contact. If someone wants to confirm further, knock yourself out).

I talked to Joe at Summers and he can show it but it will be crazy there with the international soccer games in the am and early afternoon as well as 2 alumni groups coming for football (if the Eng-Turkey game goes over it will really screw up his whole sched). I don't want to discourage people from coming out but encourage people to be patient and roll with the flow (I'm not sure when to tell you to get there, don't want to wait for others to leave but don't want to lose seats to 3:30 football watchers). Otherwise, find out which of your best peeps gets the shootout at home.

K

7. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    DAMN!

I guess you all are going to have to attend the BOlivia vs Honduras match...

8. Cweedchop

Cweedchop Member+

Mar 6, 2000
    Ellicott City, Md
    Yup, it's listed on the Shootout..

http://directvsports.com/Schedules/Packages/MLSESPNShootout/

9. eltico

eltico Member

Jul 16, 2000
    Kind of on topic, kind of off topic, but does anyone know of any bars in the Hampton Roads area that have DirecTV and MLS Shootout and are kind enough to show DC games?

10. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    Alexandria Cox cable has it listed as PPV only. I may have to order it and tape it, as I'll be at RFK cheering on the Bolivians. :)

11. A desperate plea - Does anyone know of an establishment that will be defintely showing the DC United match this weekend? (besides Summers that is)

Thanks - The Far Side

12. Allan Quatermain

Oct 23, 2001
    The Lost City of Gol
    Club:
    DC United
    Similarly desperate -- Is there any chance the game will be shown in the lounge at RFK? they have a bunch of TVs there. Soes anyone know if it is possible to find out? I wouldn't have a clue.

13. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does the Lucky Bar or any of their affiliates get the Shootout package? (That's the question you have to ask when calling as it will be blocked out on FSWNE here). Here's the shootout info you can give a bar, maybe you can talk them into getting it if you have a group http://www.mlsnet.com/library/on_tv.html

K

14. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    That has never happened.

15. I know for a fact that Capitol Lounge subscribes to the Shootout package. Politiki, right down the street from the Lounge on Penn Ave, might also--not sure. But, two caveats:

First, I know the Lounge gets the DishTV Shootout package, but not sure if they subscribe to the DirectTV package. And I'm not sure the DC game this week is on Dish: http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/programming/ppv/sports_events/soccer/mls_schedule/index.shtml

Second: K's warning applies here, too: both places are likely to be packed with college football fans on Sat afternoon.

16. scruggs45

scruggs45 Member

Jun 25, 2003
    kp, va
    do you have cox cable in fairfax county??? it has happened

17. tab5g

tab5g Member+

May 17, 2002
    http://www.mlsnet.com/schedules/
    is now listing the match on both DirecTV and Dish shootout packages.

It will just be a matter of finding a spot amongst all the college american football fans in which to watch the United take on the Twellman-less Revs.

D.C. United at New England
    4:00 PM

DirecTV

Dish

18. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well if enough people come out to various places we should be fine. I'm hoping a lot of people are out of town this weekend for the holiday (that one I work on every year).

K

19. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    I have DirecTV. I've had the MLS Shootout package since 1997 or 1998, whichever was the first year it was offered.

In that time I have NEVER seen the MLS Shootout not show the channel on which a game was scheduled to be aired. However, I have seen the tail end of other sporting events that may have been carried on the channel that fed the Shootout package.

Saying "it seems like anytime there is college football on at the same time the shootout loses in the battle for airtime... " is just flat out wrong.

20. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    I live in Arlington and I have Comcast.

While it has never happened in the past (to the best of my knowledge).

This past weekend the MLS shootout taped delayed all of the games! :(

1st time this has happened as far as I know.

ps-The Sunday Metro game on ESPN2 was not shown till halfway thru. The actually had the same baseball playoff game on both ESPN & ESPN2.

21. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    I saw DC United live on DirecTV.

This has nothing to do with the MLS Shootout though. And my understanding was that they missed about the first 15 minutes of the first half.

22. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    I saw it live but on Comcast Sports Network (It may also have been live on MLS Shootout in our Comcast cable, but I don't recall).

You're right on both counts.

I did not bother to check to see if the game was on until halftime.

23. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That's not true. I have Arlington Comcast.

The DC-Cows game was shown on both CSN AND the Shootout.

I know this because the CSN broadcast had this annoying Child Abduction Alert banner at the top of the screen for most of the game but the Shootout broadcast (which was live) did not.

There was also a game later that night that seemed to be live (but maybe it wasn't, I dunno.)

On the other hand, Vicar got me really, really drunk on Saturday so maybe I imagined the whole thing.

24. Detective40oz

Detective40oz Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Again like was said before Cox cable in Fairfax county does not list the times of the games on the guide so you never know when to set the vcr, you just have to guess. If there is a college football game on that channel that conflicts with the MLS game, either the MLS game is shown tape delayed around midnight, or it is not shown at all either because Cox was stupid and forgot to program it (happens on Wed. games all the time) or they just choose not to show it. They only way to find out is to go to the indemand site and pull down the shootout schedule, unfortunately it is now almost Oct. 10th and they still have Sept. schedule up there and not the current one. I will probably ask for my MLS shootout money back because Cox just doesn' tknow what they are doing wih it and I've already missed about 10 games this year. I will probably miss the DC game because I wont be able to set my VCR to tape it because I wont know when the tape delay will be shown and on what PPV channel it will be shown on, it's very discouraging!

25. shades

shades New Member

Feb 29, 2000
    harrisburg, pa usa
    I was scrolling ahead in the TV listings last night
    and it looked like DC-NE shootout broadcast was going to be shown delayed at 8 pm.
    (This was on Comcast cable in central PA, and certainly may change, so don't set your VCRs and then bitch at me if you don't get the game.)

shades