TV and Radio Schedule & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Força Sporting, Nov 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    SPT is a Portuguese language channel carried on DishNetwork in the US. It's been around for a number of years now...

2. nigel_miguel

nigel_miguel New Member

Apr 5, 2007
    sorry I wasn't clear enough....

what channel is this new closed circuit channel that offers the big 3 games, and what satellite is it on?

thanks

3. quinas1139

quinas1139 New Member

Sep 18, 2007
    NJ & PA
    Commercial questions can be asked here -

www.futebolbonito.net

4. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    why upset if Braga-SCP is live on RTPi?

5. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    It's for commercial establishments only. You can't get it at home - trust me...

6. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I will have 3 :mad: for the entire season because I cannot get the games via ExpressVu. This sucks donkey balls, not being able to have the ability to watch the games in the comfort of home. Yes, Sporting will play live on RTPi this week, but there aren't guarantees that most of their games will be available...

7. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Why do I feel like RTPi is giving it to me in my ass? Did I suddenly turn into a Brasilian female or something? The only reason my grandfather and I have the channel, is for futebol games.

8. nigel_miguel

nigel_miguel New Member

Apr 5, 2007

never say never?!!;)

9. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I'm not going to get into a discussion on piracy - again - so if you want more information on whatever it is you are looking for, look elsewhere...

10. nigel_miguel

nigel_miguel New Member

Apr 5, 2007
    no one is going to talk about that!!!!

this is not the spot for that!!! I was just asking what satellite it's on and what the channel is called. the futebolbonito site does not provide that info!!!

IF you know, let me know, if not, than thanks

11. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    You've been told that it is for commercial establishments ONLY. If you aren't a commercial establishment then you are going down the path of piracy and I will not be going there. If you were a commercial establishment then you obviously need to expand your contacts. I will not divulge anything else besides that. Search for it on sites that can and will provide you with that - this site is not one of them. Any further requests will lead to post deletions and warnings issued...

12. nigel_miguel

nigel_miguel New Member

Apr 5, 2007
    Fair enough:eek:

e viva ao Sporting!!

13. ThespecialoneJM

ThespecialoneJM New Member

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    and RTP acores...besides that every thing on RTP is trash.

14. fuma242

fuma242 New Member

Jan 18, 2005
    Rutherford NJ
    North American TV Coverage of Portuguese Derbies

I apologize in advance if this has already been said here.

Did you know that if you live in the North American continent, your only way to watch Benfica - porto live is to either go to your local Portuguese bar/restaurant(that usually shows the games), or through your computer(P2P providers)?

That's right, for those of you who live in the US or Canada and currently have SPTTV providing you the Liga Sagres games,don't count on watching any of the "derbys"(SLB-fcp, fcp-SLB, fcp-SCP, SCP-fcp, SLB-SCP,SCP-SLB) live in the comfort of your own home.
    SPTTV announced earlier this summer that all of the derbys will be on a tape delay to all of their residential subscribers.
    If you're like me who pays 24.99 for Dish Network's Portuguese package, you have to be outraged. The only reason I have signed up for this package is because of the Liga Sagres games, as the rest of their programming, with the exception of the news, is total garbage. Granted that over the years the ability to watch Portuguese futebol on your home tube has come a long way, but to have restrictions put on what you can watch live, when you pay a premium specifically for that reason, truly sucks.
    It's clear that these restrictions are being put out by Newark based SPTTV, as they are opening up the live signal to business subscribers.
    So Saturday, if you prefer not to watch the game on a little square on your comp, and are fortunate enough to live close to a bar that will be showing the game, you will most likely be sitting at a bar, where watching a game can be an experience of its own.

15. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Re: North American TV Coverage of Portuguese Derbies

IMO, i'd rather watch it in the local Portuguese bar. Its free and dont have to pay $24.99 a month just to watch the games at home. Plus friends dont come over and trash your house lol. Its convient for me since the bar is only 5 minutes from my house, but a local Portuguese bar isnt available to everyone so that sucks.

16. parkben1

parkben1 Member

Feb 18, 2006
    brooklyn
    They usually put the better opponents on close circuit television.

17. parkben1

parkben1 Member

Feb 18, 2006
    brooklyn
    Dump FSC and get Setanta because they have great coverage of football especially the Premiership. They also have the top coverage of Champions League and National team games and are very Portugal friendly because they showed almost every single Benfica, Sporting, and Porto Champions league match last year.

18. quinas1139

quinas1139 New Member

Sep 18, 2007
    NJ & PA
    Yeah I know, Forca Sporting reminded me of that the other day...

19. Benficafan

Benficafan New Member

May 10, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Problem is TVI will not broadcast over in North America because I haven't seen ANYTHING being able to buy TVI which is where all the derbies will play

20. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

There are countless of pages on the this issue in the TV thread, which is stickied on the main page. There are reasons to this madness, some legit, some not, and many an opinion has been presented in the TV schedule thread...

TVI do not have the rights to the Liga Sagres, RTP and SportTV do. SportTV cannot and will not have a channel here in North America due to rights issues. SportTV has a multitude of sports entities like the EPL, Serie A and La Liga, all of which are shown here in North America by channels such as Setanta Sports, FSC and GOL TV. It's not going to happen anytime soon.

As for the Portuguese league matches on open channel in Portugal, RTPi broadcast the matches that TVI had last season because TVI does not have an international channel. No offense, but unless it is a direct channel like RTPi, what's the point of having it? I mean, SPT is not SIC International. All they do is broadcast a little of what SIC shows. SPT and FPTV here in Canada have alot of cheesy locally produced broadcasting, most of it not worth someone's time to watch. If SPT did not have Liga Sagres matches, I doubt anyone would pay $1.99 for the channel - it's garbage, IMHO. I hope that I am not offending anyone with this stinging commentary but it is my opinion.

21. ThespecialoneJM

ThespecialoneJM New Member

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    eh, if I dump FSC that means I dump the movie channels that came with the package I got.

22. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Just a quick note that Verizon Fios in New Jersey has added both Setanta and RTPi to their channel lineup.

23. Candyman

Candyman New Member

Mar 15, 2005
    Mississauga, ON
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Nothing illegal in saying what sat this is located....the sat is a legal FTA sat.

It was on Globecast (now Galaxy 25) at 97*W. But like it was said earlier, you may not be able to view that channel due to encryption. I was able to view some games a few years back only because they opened that channel up with no encryption for a few days during some CL games.

Now you know.

24. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    A little searching can get anyone anything they want, the effort just needs to be put in. Oh, and the sat itself may have FTA content but - the channel in question is encrypted and we all know where that leads to. That ends any conversation on that issue in this thread...

25. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Some matches this upcoming weekend (Aug. 30 - Aug. 31) that involve teams with Portuguese players or coaches (as a little twist, I've bolded my pick as 'game of the week'):

England

Aug. 30/08 @ 10:00 am EST – Everton x Portsmouth - LIVE on Setanta Sports USA in the US; Setanta Sports Canada in Canada.

Aug. 30/08 @ 2:15 pm EST – Bolton x West Bromwich - Same-day delay on Setanta Sports USA in the US. Same-day delay @ 4:45 pm EST on Setanta Sports Canada in Canada.

Aug. 31/08 @ 8:30 am EST - Chelsea x Tottenham - LIVE on Setanta Sports USA in the US; Setanta Sports Canada in Canada.

Germany

Aug. 30/08 @ 9:30 am EST – Borussia Monchengladbach x Werder Bremen - LIVE on Gol TV in the US; Gol TV Canada in Canada.

Aug. 30/08 @ 11:30 am EST – Schake 04 x Bochum - Same-day delay on Gol TV in the US; Gol TV Canada in Canada.

Italy

Aug. 30/08 @ 2:30 pm EST – Sampdoria x Inter Milan - LIVE on Fox Soccer Channel in the US; Fox Sports World Canada in Canada.

Aug. 31/08 @ 2:30 pm EST – Fiorentina x Juventus - LIVE on Fox Soccer Channel in the US; TLN in Canada.

Aug. 31/08 @ 8:00 pm EST – AS Roma x Napoli - Same-day delay on Fox Sports World Canada in Canada. Same-day delay @ 3:00 am EST on Fox Soccer Channel in the US.

Scotland

Aug. 31/08 @ 8:00 am EST – Celtic x Rangers - LIVE on Setanta Sports (bars and pubs only).

Spain

Aug. 30/08 @ 4:00 pm EST – Valencia x Mallorca - LIVE on Gol TV in the US; Gol TV Canada in Canada.

Aug. 31/08 @ 3:00 pm EST – Deportivo La Coruna x Real Madrid - LIVE on Gol TV in the US; Gol TV Canada in Canada.

Enjoy! :cool: