TV and Radio Schedule & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Força Sporting, Nov 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    The more we call, the better the chances of getting something done. At this point, that is all we can do...

2. ThespecialoneJM

ThespecialoneJM New Member

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I watch the games on Justin Tv or sopcast

What exactly are your sources? You seem to know a lot about this stuff, do you work for one of these companies or something?

3. quinas1139

quinas1139 New Member

Sep 18, 2007
    NJ & PA
    Good job, we have to keep pestering them...

4. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Listen man! DO NOT START POINTING FINGERS!! I had this conversation with Forca sporting, and NO he DOES NOT work for any of these companies. His interest is as a die hard portuguese soccer fan who like all off us, want to watch the superliga/liga sagres in the comfort of our own home. He's very knowledgeable, and provides us with very usefull infomation.
    so thank him!!!

5. ThespecialoneJM

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    WTF? I was asking him a question. Was I talking to you? Shut up if this doesnt concern you. Whose Pointing fingers? I was just curious if he works for one of these companies. I wasnt even being an asshole it was just a question since I never asked him before. Maybe you shouldnt intervene on things you arent sure about.

6. quinas1139

quinas1139 New Member

Sep 18, 2007
    NJ & PA
    SPT UPDATE -

They had Seabra on before todays game. He said the reason they had to defer 6 derby games was because they had to get more commercial establishments to purchase SPT (legally) because the dollar has dropped 40% compared to the euro. I still think he could have done something more for us.

Also, he announced that SPT will carry the Carlsberg Cup games and they are also negotiating to get Portugal Taca games.....

Oh yeah, they will also have futsal.

7. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    ThespecialoneJM, all I have is a vested interest in the TV side of things. I don't work for anyone and I just try to get information on this type of thing to help me and the rest of us out. I'm just a regular Joe like everyone else who is not so happy with the current state of affairs regarding the TV situation. It sucks but I prepared myself for this a month ago. I have always relied on my sources and like I said, they came through with what ended up being the truth. It sure sucks, though...

8. quinas1139

quinas1139 New Member

Sep 18, 2007
    NJ & PA
    Forca, JM is a good guy...his words just dont come out right sometimes.

9. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Who TF are u to tell me to shut up? All i said was dont accuse people of things if you aren't sure. I interviened casue i know what i'm talking about. Forca sporting and I had a private chat and cleared up a lot of things.
    dam benfica fans!!!

10. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    there's a understatement!!

11. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    C'mon, guys, enough. I know that this situation is frustrating to all of us but let's direct the anger at the culprits, not at each other. Let's keep it cool and civil, please. Thanks...

12. ThespecialoneJM

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Thanks. I wasnt trying to be mean, I was just curious.

:D

Who was I accusing of anything? I asked him a question if he works for some of these companies. That's not accusing.

13. quinas1139

quinas1139 New Member

Sep 18, 2007
    NJ & PA
    SPT UPDATE -

They had Seabra on before todays game. He said the reason they had to defer 6 derby games was because they had to get more commercial establishments to purchase SPT (legally) because the dollar has dropped 40% compared to the euro. I still think he could have done something more for us.

Also, he announced that SPT will carry the Carlsberg Cup games and they are also negotiating to get Portugal Taca games.....

Oh yeah, they will also have futsal.

14. moralis

moralis Member

Nov 30, 2006
    I've been watching the Portuguese league games on SPT and I have noticed that they don't post the time and team names at the top right or left corners, can anyone tell me why that is, if not can someone find out from SPT or ISA. SPT posted it last year. I think it should always be there. I'm sure the SPT production people can do that or ISA.

What does everyone else think?

15. porra

porra Member

Aug 22, 2008
    the less crap they have on the screen the better it is to see being that spt picture sucks balls anyways

16. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Welcome to Bigsoccer P. Hope you enjoy your stay.

17. quinas1139

quinas1139 New Member

Sep 18, 2007
    NJ & PA
    I can now confirm that the Portugal NT qualifiers will be on Setanta as it is on their site.

http://www.setantaus.com/en/NA/Our-Schedules/?channel=Setanta-Premium&channel=Setanta-Sports

Sat 06 Sep

02:00 pm LIVE World Cup Qualifiers - Malta vs. Portugal

08:00 pm World Cup Qualifiers - Malta vs. Portugal

Although the customer service rep told me that the games would only be transmitted LIVE in pubs, the site has the games being aired live on Setanta Sports which is the residential (home) channel. So we'll be able to watch our NT from the comfort of our own homes!!!! Hopefully its not a typo!!!

18. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Hopefully it is a typo. Because of Setenta has the rights then RTPi will not have the rights. Which is absolutely bullshit...

19. quinas1139

quinas1139 New Member

Sep 18, 2007
    NJ & PA
    I meant hopefully its not a typo that it will be live on Setanta Sports instead of just live on Setanta PPV as the customer service rep originally told me.

It the games are on their website rest assured that they will be airing the games.

[​IMG]

20. ThespecialoneJM

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    How much do I have to pay extra for setanta on dish? That's ********ing bullshit.

21. quinas1139

quinas1139 New Member

Sep 18, 2007
    NJ & PA
    $15

22. ThespecialoneJM

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Oh well. I guess its online for me the rest of the way. We already pay extra for FSC.

23. quinas1139

quinas1139 New Member

Sep 18, 2007
    NJ & PA
    Well lets see if RTPi comes thru for us...

24. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Week 2 Liga Sagres North American TV Schedule on SPT (DishNetwork channels 650 & 817) in the US. Please note that all matches are LIVE unless otherwise specified:

Friday, August 29/08 @ 3:30 pm EST - Belenenses x Paços de Ferreira

Saturday, August 30/08 @ 3:45 pm EST - Sport Lisboa e Benfica x Futebol Clube do Porto **LIVE AT BARS AND PUBS ONLY - REPEAT TIME TBD**

Sunday, August 31/08 @ 1:00 pm EST - Setúbal x Amadora
    Monday, September 1/08 @ 2:15 pm EST - Marítimo x Guimarães
    Monday, September 1/08 @ 4:15 pm EST - Braga x Sporting

** The following matches will be shown on RTPi, DishNetwork channels 615 & 816 and Rogers Digital Cable channel 648:

Monday, September 1/08 @ 4:15 pm EST - Braga x Sporting - LIVE

Saturday, August 30/08 @ 9:30 pm EST - Sport Lisboa e Benfica x Futebol Clube do Porto - REPEAT

Enjoy! :mad: :mad: :mad:

25. nigel_miguel

nigel_miguel New Member

Apr 5, 2007
    I don't want to jack your thread here but what sat is this new channel on and what is it called?

thanks